Oh my god. LD, not again?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011' started by leesing2k, Sep 23, 2011.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Partly I agree, but it is also true that chineese players are driven MUCH harder than most others training and also progressing far in many tournaments, putting ALOT of stress on their body. If you where actually watching the matches in China Masters for example you could SEE that they actually got INJURED during the games, and had to withdraw.. There isn't really a good way of "faking" tvisting your ankle in front of thousends spectators...

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Actually by letting them play, they do lose something, if they play, then they waste energy pointlessly. If LYB already decided that one person is to win, then why bother playing the match. Yesterday the match between CJ and LD was allowed to play freely, you should have known that because of that, this match would be a WO for CL.

In WS, there is again no point in playing the WYH Vs LX match. LX is not going to OG, so she doesn't need the ranking points, LYB knows that WYH would win vs LX so for him, it's better to make this match a WO for both players sake.

Not much you can do about it, all you can do is hope another country gets good enough to challenge China. Otherwise there is nothing you can do.

Sure you can say that if they lose by WO then they get no points, but then all you're going to get is matches with one player winning 21-3 or something, cause one isn't trying, then there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, cause you can't really question if someone is playing 100% or not.

3. carpediem

carpediem Regular Member

finance
    and the oscar for best director goes to...LYB!!!

4. JoshuaCYS

JoshuaCYS Regular Member

And best actor goes to........

LIN DAN!!

5. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

What a sorry state badminton has come to. All in pursuit of "Winning at any cost". Sportsmanship & fair play goes down the drain. I am very sure the Chinese athletes are damn pissed too but are powerless against LYB.

I personally feel sorry for the Chinese badminton players. All the hard work gets over ruled by big brother.

I felt disgusted reading "LD rules" comments justifying this concept. According to him there is no point playing etc. because the results is predictable ... since when you became god and can predict results. Haven't you heard of underdogs, unexpected results that add spice to the game?

Wish BMF has some balls to do something about this before the whole sport becomes a laughing stock.

If this happened in any other sports all hell would have broke loose.

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    There is no such think is 'nothing can be done'. It's up to BWF if they have the balls. ;)

I think only us people following badminton.

with china doing this. this game is a laughing stock. Same goes to bwf. Sad. ;)

It is going down the drain in terms of 'trying' to achieve 'professionalism'.

7. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

LYB does not need to do this for his player to qualify. If not them, who else. To me the F LD is try to avoid playing with LCW as possible as he can. Why? LYB & LD now know that for each match of LCW vs LD, it will benefit LCW. They now notice that LCW has this capabilities to "gain/ learn" something from his opponent. I tell u, we can expect more case of this F LD to avoid playing LCW in future until Olympic.

#27 xymaerts, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  8. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

LYB does not need to do this for his player to qualify. If not them, who else. To me the F LD is try to avoid playing with LCW as possible as he can. Why? LYB & LD now know that for each match of LCW vs LD, it will benefit LCW. They now notice that LCW has this capabilities to "gain/ learn" something from his opponent. I tell u, we can expect more case of this F LD to avoid playing LCW in future until Olympic.

#28 xymaerts, Sep 24, 2011
  9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    True, but just before this tournament LCW made a very late withdrawal from China Masters.. The most likely reason is of course that he did not want to face LD on home-turf at this time.. So I guess he was not to keen to play LD, CJ or CL last week either..

In JO I also think LYB wants to field CL as he has to progress and be able to cope with LCW if China wants to stay on top in mens singles when LD retires after OG.

#29 twobeer, Sep 24, 2011
  10. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
  11. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

its just lyb ways of saying f.u. to the organizers for this draw pitting all the chinese against teach other in the same half. they put wang shixian with schenk cuz they know schenk owns her. they dont want an all china final so lyb wont give u a ld vs lcw rematch.

12. BaoQingWang

BaoQingWang Regular Member

Profesional
    I agree for Datuk's sake from your perspective fully.
    I was saying from China squad as a whole from what we have seen nowadays, either no match, stomachache, purposely lose. All of these telling me, LYB wants to get points for OG which in turn gets better seeding for Chinese players in all categories, so they won't see each other before Quarter finals :)

13. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Very dissapointing. Another anticipated battle between Datuk and LD that people were waiting since from the beginning that just didn't happen. Nothing BWF currently can do about it......but if we were in dreamland:p....this what i recommend BWF to do:

- shift all the SS and PS events to China regardless of what the SS and PS title are :D...( PS Korea Open play in China, Malaysia Open play in China, Indonesia Open play in China )
    - Just straight away Dato' and LD go and play to determine who's the champion. Other matches are just to complete the qualifying, earlier rounds and 3rd and fourth placing:D:D.

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    What surprise me is how bold team China manages their injuries as there's no respect at all to all fan and World Badminton Federation. It's obvious team China is trying to arrange so max number of players can qualify for Olympic per event.
    I use to think limiting to 2 players per country for one event is really unfair to team China but come to think of it now, that may not be such a bad biased solution?
    The worst is LYB is feeding this concept to the next generation of coaches and can only get worse from here ... I can almost see the demise of this sport really sad :crying:

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Now LD has new title..The King of WO...

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Other sport like tracks, swimming, tennis and others has limit 2 players per country...anyway..it is Olympic...the problem some of fans here just thinking china...BWF has implemented max 2 for double..who gets hurt? not only china, INA< KOR, JPN, others especially in MD and XD where China are not dominating.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    * Can "Independent Players" solve the current problem of "match fixing"in China?
    * Will LYB ever allow IP to take place as long as he is "The Big Boss"?
    * When will IP be able to replace the current system?
    * Can the IP ever take root in China badminton in the first place?
    * If the current problem persists, will Olympics International finally ban China from participating in the badminton events as China is not contributing to the Olympic ideal of "Sportsmanship".

Hopefully badminton still remains in the Olympics agenda despite what China has done to give it a bad name.

#37 Loh, Sep 24, 2011
  18. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    BWF need to let China Know... Badminton Doesnt need China... Just banned them from playing in BWF tournament...

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW has not played in China Masters for many years. There s no reason for him to when there are so many SS to choose from. Why choose one that has sub-standard umpiring and line judging which favours home players?My guess is LCW was personally invited by LYB to ' legitimize ' the CM besides being offered an appearance fee. Otherwise why would LCW have to personally call LYB to say he had to skip it because of 'hip injury'? ( LCW learning fast from LYB how to lie.) By the way, the more often LCW plays CHN MS, the better for him. What s there to fear? It s the other way round. CHN fears LCW. Home turf? CHN s home turf is everywhere when more than half the crowd is 50% CHN fans.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why did CHN MD not retire and give the match to MAS MD in Sf when Cai Yun was injured?