Nylon Shuttles (Plastic) Vs Feather Shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Taijis, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Cooler, reaching back to an old statement

(and possibly the last normal topic I've read on the last pages ;))

In what way does a plastic shuttle require more skill? and why is that 'good'?

The numb feel trains your control? But, if you never switch away from plastics, you never have any benefit?
    The slow flight helps train your power? But, if you will always play with plastics, you never notice any improvement?

Now, if you use better feeling, (maybe slightly faster, depending on speed), you will get greater length on your clears (great for beginning players), and more control on your shots. The result: more pressure to learn footwork/speed, longer rallies, etc.

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    There should be several graphs and a table to summarize our findings here. GrandMaster Jerby, do you have those handy?

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Oh please; you are like a 5 year old kid trying to pick on the kid that sits next to you!!!
    Peter is right(thanks Peter); yes, I have played with plastic & I still play with plastic every now and then. Doesnt mean I am fan of plastic and I am not prejudiced against people playing with plastic; I just dont feel a player's badminton skills are properly developed using plastics. thats all!!!! I dont see anything wrong with using plastics for recreational play. In fact, I encourage it because of the cost effectiveness.
    Just because I have my profile like that, you really deduced all that about me?? :rolleyes:
    Anyways, this is getting way too personal & this is the whole issue with this thread; It is not a personal attack against anyone & dont take it there....

#283 malayali, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think this is a ripe time to close this thread. any other threads spawned will be similarly closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.