New service rule?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Panthios, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 1Badiste

1Badiste Regular Member

Nothing, I am schoolboy
    Totally agree with kish-mah-ash: totally insane!

Already the cost of such a scanner, too expensive for a small club who just want to make a small tournament (and most would require a scanner field, it is not feasible for a small club).

In addition I can not really see the benefit: some say it should not replace men with machines, I totally agree, if it continues, there will be no referees on the court and Increasingly, there is more risk of error with a machine because it may be incorrectly set (it does not much, 1mm of error is too many, so of course men can not even a difference of 1mm, the example is wrong).
    Also in a sport, it's still more pleasant it is for real referees.

I think the idea of putting a line on the T-shirt is really good.
    It is true that his would be a little complicated because there should also be accurate.

2. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

bro,if you prefer a less invasive approacvh, then how about just installing some type of a sensro mechanism belt on the shirt's waist area.but it's still insane!

3. wristworks

wristworks Regular Member

The only reason why this rule would be good is that it takes out the judge's subjective opinion, which is something that should be absolutely standard (but obviously, it can't be since judges are human). It should have nothing to do with putting either short or tall players at an advantage/disadvantage due to their relative height. You don't force tall players to use shorter racquets right?