New colour scheme 88S Pro/88D Pro?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yenyesoh, Jan 9, 2024.

1. luminine

luminine New Member

Womp Womp, just try the racket if you get the chance when it releases then chat about it. If you don't like it you don't like it. You like it then you like it. That's really all that matters. If the marketing works on you, cool, if ur skeptical about it cool.

2. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    So you’re agreeing with me? So why even continue this? You even acknowledged it could make a difference, but that you couldn’t perceive it, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t different, which was my whole point in responding to the replacement with a no name strip grommet. You then acknowledged that on top of the deadweight change, all things being equal you needed a few hits to adapt.

the same way many professional tennis players may have 12-16 rackets strung every single day by their personal stringer. Why? Because 1 inch or less could make the difference between a win or a loss. The natural tension loss even over 24 hours is too much to chance.

If you like the racket buy it, if not, don’t. But to argue about facts because you personally don’t think something changes or you can perceive it doesn’t change facts, nor did it necessitate your response about eating a gimmick in one bite. Since you can’t actually say it’s a gimmick.

gimmeracquet likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Didnt weighing it before & after, so numerically idk how much the difference. By feeling its only noticable when you actually try to feel it, the swing weight is abit less than usually, but on intense games its really doesnt matter or even noticable.
    Btw we are blessed with the invention of lead tape;) so we can customize the racket freely. But mine just left it as it is. Changing racket is way more complicated than changing a stripe grommet to regular grommet.

what07 likes this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The way you talk, seems you offended by my words. If true, then sorry for it. Mean no harm but just sharing my mind & my point is that everything about marketing is all about shiny, colorfull, & sparkling words which really alluring to buyer yet not always usefull or i could say a gimmic.
    I will stop here & have a good games brother;)

fufu27 likes this.
  5. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    It was a bit insulting. To me, sharing your mind would be, “I have swapped the strip grommets between control, power, and speed, and have measured no weight difference or performance difference. I then replaced them with standard grommets and used led tape and could also not perceive any performance difference. I am convinced it’s just marketing people buy into.”

but that’s not what you said. I only dealt in the facts I have on hand. With no evidence you essentially called me too stupid to realize that people hyperbolize in marketing, and I ate it up. I don’t appreciate being called stupid by stranger in a public forum, especially when they didn’t actually reply to what I said. Would you?

so yes I was offended. Perhaps think of what you say. I said I didn’t think they were just a random plastic and they were supposed to be different materials. If they are different materials or actual design even if they look similar, it could make a difference in performance, feedback, vibration etc. I don’t know. But that was it.

gimmeracquet likes this.
  6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Calm down folks...
    Anyone who's actually been to a demo session have any input with how these play?

pootisfoib and Andreas Kihlgren like this.
  7. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

Christ...it aint that deep bro....no need for the dissertation like replies....He already apologised...chill :eek:

8. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    My friend played the new 88D Pro, he said it was mixed bag, easier and difficult. Felt ever so slightly less head heavy more forgiving in terms of an ever so slightly softer shaft, it felt a bit faster and then the flip side of the forgiving shaft was a smaller sweet spot on the compact frame. He said on offense the head weight and speed balanced out and kept it about the same as Gen 2, defense was better, off balance shots were harder. The caveat to the defense was that it was easier to get your racket there with the speed, but smaller head and sweet spot meant that so blocks or lifts weren’t as forgiving.
    who’s christ? And I’m perfectly chill, just don’t be an ******* and insult someone, even in passing. Problem solved.

gimmeracquet likes this.
  9. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    also if you want to get technical, he didn’t apologize. He said he was sorry for offending me, not for what he said. He didn’t apologize for calling me an idiot who didn’t understand marketing. Which IS what he did. Also, clearly you’ve never written or read a dissertation, that wasn’t even close to 80-500 pages. See, I do get hyperbole and humor.

gimmeracquet likes this.
  10. ChickenSoup

I think you might need to find better things to do in your spare time. The way that you condescend people (including me) with your replies, I can see EXACTLY the type of person you are. Theres no need to get so angry that you had to repeatedly write essay-like replies just to assert your dominance and correctness :). He apologised for offending you. Get over it. Be humble and move on.

pootisfoib, what07, Cloudx and 3 others like this.
  11. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    And I see you. You say he apologized, he didn’t. So now you correct it to say apologized for offending me. If you call someone an idiot, and then say I’m sorry if you didn’t like me calling you an idiot, that isn’t an apology.

You have absolutely nothing to add to this racket conversation, except commenting on how I reply to someone insulting me. You don’t like the length of my responses? Don’t read them.

do you have any information regarding the material used or exact design differences with the strip grommets?

#71 SaxoProf, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    gimmeracquet likes this.
  12. ChickenSoup

:)
    You have a nice day.

SaxoProf, what07 and akatsuki2104 like this.
  13. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

Please take this into DMs...none of this is helping folks who want to know about this racket's characteristics.

Ballpen, drew tze en, Cheung and 5 others like this.
  14. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

While we still sort out the argument here.... the 88S and 88D pros gen 3 are now available for pre-orders.

Kaydee likes this.
  15. CanucksFan

CanucksFan Member

I noticed even Toh Ee Wei is using the 88D Pro now, so she's finaly moved on from the 2012 Voltric Z Force Ltd Edition - I wonder if it was by choice, or if she just couldn't get hold of them any more...

16. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Review says 88s feels quite stiff. Short shaft tings.

17. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Just placed an order for a 88D Tour, since the only difference between this and Pro series are the usage of CFR material in Pro, but the price tag differs quite a lot.

18. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

Oooh.. give reviews and comparisons when receivced ya, I'm intrigued by the Tour models. Pros pricing are really sky high these days.

pootisfoib likes this.
  19. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I was able to hold the rackets, unfortunately unable to play with it.
    The 88D Pro 3rd Gen feels more head heavy compared to the current 88D Pro and closely feels like the OG 88D. On the other hand, the 88S Pro 3rd Gen feels more stiff compared to the current 88S Pro similar to the OG 88S.

This is just initial impressions, it will change when I actually have a hit with the rackets.
    The colour schemes looks very impressive too! Similar the NF800Pro, it’s got a half matte/half glossy finish!

pootisfoib likes this.
  20. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Just arrived today. Will play it hopefully tonight.

88s pro 4UG5

88gr, strung with exbolt 63, 27lbs
    Original grip removed, and use an overgrip
    Head weight 41gr
    Final balance point 314

Screenshot_2024-03-19-17-11-49-034_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    IMG_20240319_171236.jpg

Cheung, pootisfoib and drew tze en like this.