Never Realized About This Intro Thread .....

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by abedeng, Feb 21, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    As long as there is no bird flu, that is. :) Otherwise, geese might disappear.

The privilege is "awarded", based on your "qualification" into the Uncle group. :D

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, you're really "good" gal, Aza. No credit card or passport yet, hmmmmm.
    My passport expired, renew also about the same price. I need to keep tabs on my c.c. spending, can get carried away at times.

2009 Msia Open more like it, he he. But I have other stuff on my list - new 3-1 printer that scans, copy, print; DVD recorder.
    And maybe just maybe, - trip to indigenous group in Thailand, for charity work. Of course, charity work, I can get sponsors, just whether I can actually offer any help with my very limited capability.

Spending almost RM1,000 just for Spore Open, not worth to eagle's ehemmm not so baddy crazy eyes. That's what I spent for my new monitor, modem,external HD drive, speakers - which can last for 5 years of enjoying baddy videos.

My old passport had chops stating "Medan, Indonesia", he he, he, that was for work trip but at least I've seen how Medan looks like.

#42 eaglehelang, Feb 24, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    welcome anak kelantan. My customer said thanks again for getting the tshirts. They are so happy. Coz, they stay at ulu place lah... No body to help them. So, I owe u satu.

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    For those always like to shows off their availibility to travel here and there to watch baddy tournys, Why don't spend the extra $$$ in ur hand and donate it to charity ?

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Extremenanopower,

Your welcome, sorry we can't actually meet for lunch, I was working.

Samuel,

You make it sound like we have to publicize our charity work here in the forum. That would be in bad taste. And if nobody else knows about it, that's fine but let's not make assumptions.

Plus as a Muslim, I pay both tax and zakat (Islam's form of taxation). I do not claim tax relief for zakat, to me those are different obligations.

What makes u think we are always available to travel for baddy? Most who travel bring their work with them.

What I said was that if you do have a passport, you might as well use it and travel more for baddy tournaments, but only if you can afford it and are keen enough.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Samuel, for one thing, they might already be donating.
    Now actually going to help is another thing - I still dont have enuf compassion or the guts or the right kind of expertise to go. These are all remote areas that we city dwellers are not used to.

Even then, the various organisations may want people with certain kind of expertise. I salute those who went to Tsunami hit areas in Indonesia & Thailand when it just happened. At that time, the organisations wanted medical personnel only. Later it was arhitects, carpenters, basically those experts in building.

#46 eaglehelang, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I don't think "showing off" is the polite thing to describe badminton fans who wish to spend some of their savings to watch badminton tournaments overseas.

Apart from being able to watch top class badminton in action (as a form of entertainment), they can also sample the culture and livelihood of the host country first hand.

It is not unlike taking a tour to another country for a holiday to experience the scenery, the people, the food, the entertainment, the weather, the sea, etc. And I thought you, being involved in the tourist industry, should advocate travelling as one of the better ways to recreate and destress oneself perhaps. Maybe you've travelled so extensively that you have forgetten the positive effects on travellers.

For most of us, we mainly go to countries in the region where badminton is popular to try to save on expenses and working days. And can't you see that we are trying hard to stretch the dollar, flying budget airlines and trying to get good deals from our accommodation, even to the extent of squeezing three guys in one room! :D

Oh and I must not forget that it gives us a chance to meet fellow BC members elsewhere. If Kwun hadn't come to Singapore and I hadn't gone to Melbourne, Kwun and I, and lots more others like yourself and Robin, would not be able to associate with BC members as well as we do now.

#47 Loh, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2008