Never Realized About This Intro Thread .....

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by abedeng, Feb 21, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    .... until I have done about 3600+ postings.

Hello all. My nick (abedeng) is an abbreviation of Abe Deng, which is Kelantanese for Abang Din, which translates into "Big Bro Din".

From here, Malaysians will know that I am:-

1. From Kelantan, Malaysia
    2. Quite old :p

Have been following badminton competitions for decades since Herbert Scheele was still tournament referee. Followed the Malaysian team's progress quite closely then. Did some cheerleading work for Malaysia (unofficially, of course) in the 80s and early 90s. Even mingled with players and officials and got some of the juicy details of what was going on, who went AWOL, etc. Went to competitions as far off as London or as fanatical as Jakarta a few times.

But not anymore, except for the the travel to competitions (sometimes). Besides, with Ants, Hau-ge, and the rest doing the mingling and coughing (sorry Hau-ge, can't resist), it was time to enjoy the game more as, ahem, an (almost) neutral observer. :p

This is an excellent forum for sharing views, though some postings felt like war between opposing teams. Kudos for kwun, Cheung, and all in the team of moderators for maintaining control ....... :D

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

wow, almost 4 years and 3000 posts on, we get an intro!
    hahahaha .... feels kinda weird to say welcome, so i'll just say ... yo!

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yo to you too, Dreamzz!!!

4. pijah

pijah Regular Member

Student
    Ahha, Abe Deng. You're from Klate hah? Quite surprised. Hmm.

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello, abedeng!!!!
    thanks for the updated during the malaysia open 08 ya??..!

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCBF, Big Bro Din!!:)...Yeah, never too late to post, i guess..Yes, there are many variety of sub-forums in here, where one can explore, read and post to one heart's, mind's and fingers' content.:)..And yes, enjoyed reading your many insights, opinions & posts as well, and esp. this yr's "live" coverage of the M'sian Open. In the meantime, continue your contributions in this forum!;):cool:

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome again! hahah.. Im sure alot of us are happy of your Live update on what is going around during MO 08. And im sure you will continue to do so during the Thomas Cup. Just dont update what i do then.. hahah.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For a moment..

..i thought your name of Abe is short for Abraham; here in the U.S., Abraham is sometimes shortened as Abe..;)

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Wow! With Blackberry, comes a lot of expectations from BC Forummers ....:p, almost as bad as my boss and colleagues. Maybe I should cancel the Thomas/Uber Cup trip ....... kakakakaka :D:D

Yup, pijah, I was born in Kelantan, have not lived there since '79. And I only speak Kelantanase with my mom, dad and sisters. Not even my wife and kids.

Ants, all u need is to be inconspicuous. Remember, I will come to Thomas/Uber Cup Finals armed with Loh's tripod ........ :D

10. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hey there abedeng. :D you are another one of those old members but new intro guys. :D maybe the intro section was just added recently.

anyway, to welcome you would be weird since you are here long before i was. and even in badminton, you have more insights than i have. so i'll just say it's been good to know you and meet you. :)

oh no, ants, you have to wear baggy clothes, cap pulled low on your forehead and big sunglasses. hahahaha, if not abedeng "the tripod" and Loh "the snapper" will get you. :D:D:D:D

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Hish, I wish young ppl still call me Abang (Big Bro), now even University Grads call me Uncle. Felt so old ....... :eek:

Azabaz, wanna join in the fun? U can be our "advance" scout, teach u how to stalk a "prey". Ants is too good looking to stay hidden, you'll find him soon enough.

Chris,

Not planning on, ahem, visiting your relatives again this Thomas Cup Finals?

12. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hehehee, you know i would love to be you and loh's apprentice in the art of snoop and snap. more so since you have the knack of finding the right spot to have the best vantage point. ants could never hide...more so since he is now known as kennevic no thanks to nusa mahsuri website. hahahahahaha. but maybe i could follow you guys the next time thomas cup comes around to malaysia. :)

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    UNBELIEVEBLE!!!

But it happened.so let it be.
    WELCOME AGAIN...Mr.Abedeng.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    If you expect me to speak Kelantanese, not a chance, unless we meet up face to face in one of the BC gatherings. That would surely confuse the gang ....... :D

BTW, ur PM box needs maintenance .... :p

koo_fan,

What was that Ripley's Believe it or Not Tagline again?

Unbelievable? Believe it!!!

#14 abedeng, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That will be a negative..

..no plan, brother Din..;)..but i do hope you and the rest of the BCers visiting Jakarta will have a safe and enjoyable time:)---.....*crossing fingers that we might cross path again come August in Beijing..:cool:

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

'Uncle' Abedeng, kah kah. You sound too advanced in technology (blackberry & all) to be in the uncle cateogry. Next time, when there's a chance maybe I will hook up with Azabaz & Noridayu for ehemmm, gals power.
    If TC goes to Spore, that will be more in my budget.. he he..

Aza, what if TC is in Spore ? He he, fly with this eagle?

#16 eaglehelang, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Chris, sad to say, Beijing is not looking likely for me. Not a problem with tickets or airfare, but work schedules, KPIs and service levels. I'm supposed to build a team 3 X my current size. Told u I'm not free anymore, all caused by the free world .....

Fortunately, Thomas/Uber Cup comes in May, can hide behind "celebrating my b'day" excuse ....... :D

Eagle, u and Azabaz don't make excuses of budget, there's S'pore Open in June, if you want, can follow me in my car. As usual I only go for q-finals onwards. Ayu should be there with the Malaysian supporters club.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Abang Deng, we must also consider accomodation costs (right Aza?) & work commitments - I work weekends but I can arrange it such that I do my paperwork on Sun at home.

Too bad, ever since I found this lovely forum, I spent my 2007 savings on : new external HD drive to store all the wonderful baddy vids, finally upgraded to broadband to watch all the online streaming, new monitor to replace the konked out one, new speakers (cheap ones though) to replace my 10 year old one in order to hear clearer the the lovely commentary on tournaments;
    lots of CDs to burn the baddy vids & other shows as back-up, :D:D:D.

there're a few other stuff up on the list too...
    So, you see, for next live match, most probably must wait till 2009 but I'm a happy camper with vids available, didnt have that before...
    And... how is Aza goin to meet up with you when she's all the way up north in Ipoh.... she gotta take bus down for 3 hrs 1st.

#18 eaglehelang, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Eagle,

Let me break down your reasons:-

Accommodation costs - there's always cheap hotels at Geylang. Walking distance from Stadium if you are fit. Or stay at City Centre, a few reasonable hotels there. Easy to reach Stadium.
    Work commitments - bring a notebook/blackberry and find a wifi connection, case closed.
    Ipoh to KL - 90 minutes by car. 150 minutes by bus. 25 minutes by Air Asia.
    Finished savings on computer upgrade - next component upgrade, you can ask for loan from me.

What's your other excuse? I once drove to Penang, returned home (same day), and almost immediately travelled to JB.

20. pijah

pijah Regular Member

Student
    Why must it be during BC gath? What about meeting only the two of us? Hehe:p:p:D

Ops sorry. My PM box was full, but now it's already ok. ;)