my SHB95 vs. SHB89MX report

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by kwun, Jul 6, 2003.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    But i'm thankful that i have a yonex shoe bag :) I dont have any "wetBags" i just wear one or 2 shirts for my usual games. Coz its those Verycool and Dri-Fit shirts. Dry off very fast.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Ants,

"Verycool"? Do you mean "CoolMax" material by Dupont? Yeah, I got a few T-shirts of that material and it just wickers my sweat off. I could just wipe my sweat off the shirt with a towel and it'll be more comfortable than cotton T-shirts I used to wear. Even if I leave it alone, it'll dry faster than cotton. Nowadays, I only wear those when I am playing badminton. Pretty impressive stuff.

3. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    RE: SHB89MX

Hi,
    I've had two pairs of SHB89MX in the past five months, both of which burst within a few weeks of wearing them at the left ball of my foot. Perhaps I am dragging my foot too much when I lunge, but I haven't noticed this problem with other brands (haven't tried other Yonex models). The shoes themselves are excellent; very comfy and offer much more stability when twisting or suddently changing direction than any other badminton shoe I've tried.

I'm due to buy another pair of badminton shoes on Monday; can anyone advise on what Yonex shoe to go for? I was thinking of buying either SHB92 or 95. Does anyone know if there is a new Yonex shoe which offers as much support as the 89MX, but is more durable at the instep? Or if I get the 89MX again, is there anything I can do (short of not wearing them) to prevent the shoe from bursting again at that point (i.e. applying tape or a patch or something)?

Cheers.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Yup Cappy.. the shirts are so comfortable to wear. Dries off easily and its light.

Yonexfan2003.. why not try asics?? they are good , durable and light also. I can also reconmend you to try Gosen shoes as well.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i had a pair of wet SHB89M the other day (don't ask...) while the badminton bug was biting. so i dug out my old SHB95 from the garage and headed off to the gym.

now that i have been using the SHB89 for quite a few months. i can very easily tell the difference between the two. the SHB95 has much less padding on the sole and my feet was not used to it anymore. it felt like moving from a carpet into concrete.

after a few games, i was really appreciating the extra padding on the SHB89.

anyway. just a brief update...

6. ynexfan2003

...agree with Kwun; I think these are definitely the comfiest badminton shoes Yonex have made, however, the sides are poorly designed and burst very easily. Someone was telling me last week that their pair of SHB9 burst after three weeks. I'm on my third pair since March, which are already starting to go. There must be something I can put on the shoe to stop it bursting; the rest of the shoe is scarcely worn.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

My Shb89 with Bag. I wonder y most countries don't include with Bag in it.

Attached Files:

8. ynexfan2003

I wish Yonex equipment in the UK came with these type of bags; they would be very handy and they look quite stylish too. I'm told that in Asia, Yonex racquets also come with this sort of bag.

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Not all shops in Asia sell the shoes with bag. I bought some before and even my friends who owns badminton shops don't sell it with bags. For the rackets..soft cloth bag is only available if you buy JP version.

10. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Have you tried SHB98 ? I haven't tried SHB89 before but I've SHB95 and I worn mainly Mizuno before. However, I'm impressed with the comfort, support and light weight of SHB98.

I just can't write a detail retail as you did, but SHB98 is my favorite badminton shoes meanwhile (the 2nd one is Mizuno).

In fact, both coaches of mine have switched to SHB98 since it launched (but Ng Ka Sze said that the middle part worn out quickly which is something I can't understand - however he wears the shoes even on the street and this is something I usually don't do).

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I don't know about the rest of you... but after I started wearing the Yonex SHB 89MX, my footwork has improved alot. Before it's always a struggle for me to shuffle and bounce on my feet or be on my toes during games. With the new shoes, it became easier and even natural to bounce on my feet as I play. Heck! I even found myself successfully jump smashed a few times last night and there's no residual pain or soreness in my knees afterwards. Maybe it's the new padding, but I have never had this experience before with my Yonex SHB65 and Hi-Tec Adrenalin PRO Excel.

For me, the main selling point of the SHB 89MX was the anti-twisting device and lateral support. When I checked it out in the 2003 catalogue, I knew that I wanted it... and I didn't even bothered to get a fitting before getting it from my stringer. It took my feet two sessions to adjust to the fit. During the initial period, I was experiencing mild pain in my soles and archs:( Not now and not anymore, the shoes are great and has brought my game to another level. I am definitely getting another pair... or two after this one;)

#31 cappy75, Sep 27, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2003
  12. ants

ants Regular Member

Ng Ka Sze can afford to wear those shoes on the road. He always have the latest gear to try. I wonder how many rackets he has since he sell badminton stuffs.

13. Andy TC

Andy TC New Member

Marketing Executive
    This shoe is not exclusive to spore only. I've seen it around here in australia.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Whereabout in Australia u saw the shoe? How much isit?

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hm... after quite a few months with it. i think the sole is not a cushiony as it was when new... i am considering adding a layer of insole to it.

otherwise the shoes are holding up pretty well, while after i have my ankle injury, i haven't been playing as hard as i used to and general slowed down quite a bit...