mp-99 or mp-100?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Cazza, Aug 11, 2003.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Personally i prefer mp99/90 coz of the flexibility and all round play. Thats why its popular for those players in the latest birmingham games.

2. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Run this by me again, you found a place you can buy MP 100 and MP 99 strung for under AUD $150? Local supplier I assume you mean in Oz, so who is this guy and where can I find him/her?! That's cheaper than you can buy in Asia :p

PS For your budget assuming you're beginner/intermediate I'd get two Cab 8200 Lights which are good all round racquets that you can grow into and should last you a long time. However that's if it was me, I've never seen you play (well not that I know of) and thus don't know how you play so I'd be really, really hesitant to recommend a racquet to someone I've never seen play :p

#42 Pecheur, Aug 18, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2003
  3. rogerli

rogerli New Member

Student
    hi everyone. this is my first post ever. when choosing a racquet, one important factor is what your future intentions are. if you are just playing for fun and don't intend on winning tournaments, i would say go for the mp99/mp100. you will notice a marked improvement in all areas of play and will start winning club games a lot sooner. but if you plan on going hard-core, you should probably work on your basics and get some crappy heavy racquet. it will be like piccolo or rock lee training with their weighted clothes.

between mp99 and mp100, i prefer the mp99. why? because it's kick-ass YELLOW! but also because i've been playing with it for half a year and i LOVE it. i've only swung the mp100 a few times and it felt heavier and stiffer. and lastly, the mp99 costs more...which makes it better. the price doesn't always tell the full story, but it usually does. =P

4. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

hi it also depends wot game u prefer if u prefere i would suggest the Mp 99 but if ur a Singles player then the Mp 100 is the one for u. BUT U NEED A GOOD ARM TO USE THE MP 99/100 PROPERLY.

out of the 2 I prefer the MP 100 as it gives more Power but the Mp 99 has slightly better control.

I have both MP99/100 I could nto decide which 1 to get so i got both of them. and it cost me 200 English Pounds for the 2 he gave me 20 punds off for the 2.

Yes the Mp 100 is heaver but more powerful for less money.

it took me a bit longer to get used to the Mp 99 but i like them both. I always use my Mp 100 for singles. Of i use it in Doubles if i don't like the opposition i'm playing against.

The Mp 99 I always use for doubles. as it gives better allround control.

if u Plan to Kill Ur Opponents rather than beat them then get the Mp 100.

if u wan't less power but more control get the MP 99

MY Choice would be the MP 100 But this is just my Opinion. :)

5. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

I did Forget to say u need at lest a couple of years Experience in playing.

I would Suggest A Ti-3/5 i had a Ti-3 for 18 months i've still got it and it really brought my game on. i've been playing for 6 1/2 years now and i still love it.

the ti-3 is a good allround racket produces a good amount of power with pretty good control. i sometimes use it just for fun and it still makes me smile :)

Or The Wilson Hyper Carbon Range the 7.0 or the 5.0 not too expensive quite light and produces a decent amout of power with control. And it is Very durable the Wilson Range.

Or how about one of the Lower Down Muscle power range i.e the 27/33/55 they are not to expensive with a good amout of power :)

I've tried the Whole Muscle Power range from 24-100 i've not tried the 22 yet even the MP 24 Produced a good amout of power. if you wanna Get better at smashing get a lower down Mp if u get a 99 you could end up even worse if u can't use it properly.

u Could get a MP 33 For around $90 USD or if ur gonna get a MP 100 get the 3U as it's lighter.

so out of the MP range a 55 should do fine for U
    the ti-3 or wilson hyper carbon 5.0:)

6. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Cab20 review

Yes, buying a new racquet is exciting and can be daunting, as there is so much to choose from.

Looking at other ladies ;) around the clubs I play at, I find that there is a fairly large range in racquets.

On one end, some people use cheap steel 'T jointed' racquets.
    On the other extreme, people using high end Armortech 700s, Ti10s, MP100 etc.
    A majority seeme to be using a flavour of Ti3-Ti7

In my opinion, the ladies who use the AT700 and MP100, are not doing the racquet justice, as all they seem to do is play net shots. They can't even clear to the back court!

Like any other tool, when choosing a racquet, be sure to identify your type of game and level of game, and most importantly, find a racquet you are comfortable using...so go test them out!

If you are brand conscious, then any of the lower end Yonex Tixx and MPyy will suffice. I would not recommend getting a high end racquet at this stage, simply because you will not be able to make full use of it.

A lady player I know plays with a very old Cab8, and can smash harder and indeed, beat a lot of the men easily at singles!

If you are not so obsessed with Yonex, then Carltons have a very good selection of mid range racquets. Bargain prices in Hong Kong, if you are prepared to shop around.

If you are serious on improving, then the suggestion of getting 2 identical cheaper racquets is a good one. You might even get some change left to spend on coaching.

At the end of the day, it's your money so spend it how you please;)

Side review of Cab20
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I personally bought 2 cab 20s from HK, at a bargain. I find the racquet is even balanced and a general all round, easy to use racquet. You need excellent technique to get optimum power from it tho.

It is very much a player's racquet, and I can see why it is so popular even for professionals. It has a very raw feeling, free from the confusing techno mumbo jumbo and it's basic but dependable frame, gives you confidence, aiding you to spend more time on the game, rather than the racquet itself.

There is a fair bit of vibration, but this in my opinion, just gives better feel, and the positive feeling of knowing that you have hit the shuttle, compared to more modern racquets which numb away the vibration, and reduce feedback.

To be able to gain maximum power using this racquet, one has to have excellent techniqe, which I sadly do not posess. The people whom I play with, are very agressive, and so I have to play defensive and look for the counter attack. Whilst the Cab20 is very manoeuvrable, I cannot get enough power to finish the rally off when we manage to get the counter attack, playing 2-4 strokes more than we need to. I keep my Cab20s in my racquet bag at all times, just in case my main racquet MP99 fails me! (which surprisingly has quite a bit in common). So, just like you would not drive a Lotus Elise everyday, because of it's many impracticalities. But when you want to have some pure fun, it's unbeatable. :cool:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#46 Wizbit, Aug 23, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2003
  7. sheepie

sheepie Regular Member

If you want impressive smashes, go for Mp 100. If you want more control on your drop shots and net play and pretty good smashes, go for Mp99 which is more balanced.
    The MP100 is stiffer and head heavier than the Mp99... If you have strong wrists and arms to absorb the shock, then that is the racquet for you. If you want more control, then go for Mp99. Why don't u consider the newest Armotec 700 which has powerful smashes (more than mp99) and accuracy.

8. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

I will suggest to give Gosen 5000Ti (3U/G5) a try. It is a oval long shaft racket which can be strung up to 30lbs! BTW, it is very light and cost just the same as Ti7 Light.