Mathias Boe & Carsten Mogensen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by dubber, Feb 6, 2009.

1. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Differentiate right or wrong? That's why I asked CIA, Chiko, or you, where did Kevin wronged anybody in that Shuttle Flash video which CIA brought as "evidence" ?

2. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Meanwhile Boe wronged everyone by pretending his ear was hurt, proceeding to towel, drink and powder his grip when he suppose to play on. He then pretended not listening to fault call twice and play on while everyone stopped. So is his ear sensitive or is his ear couldn't hear well? Or was he just trying to troll umpire and officials?;)

3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

The one to Mads at 3:50 is very unsportmanlike though

Saru likes this.
  4. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

First incident was a joke. The audience laughed. The opponents laughed. If you find the joke so distateful and rude, you are indirectly ridiculing everyone who laughed.. including Ahsan/Setiawan.

Second incident was maybe not a joke. Boe played the net kill after the fault was called twice. The way he did it shows clearly that he knew the rally was over. This is where we do not agree on the definition "face" (In the Shuttle Flash video above, Kevin does a fine job at showing were Conrad's face is).

The only troll here is you. GJ.

5. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    He should've raised his hand as apology for that one but instead he celebrated. But targeting a player whose down is not uncommon. I've seen Ahsan, YYS or Liu/Qiu directly targeted shuttles at them when they're down but repeatedly returned. And it's one way to kill the shuttle to send them at someone whose down.

6. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I find it distasteful because he not only mocked the umpire, but he walked away to drink, towel and powder grip, leaving all other players waiting. That's a troll statement saying if I find it not funny then I'm ridiculing Ahsan. It's not funny and offensive to ridicule the umpire's voice in the first place. You think the umpire will laugh at that?

7. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    @CIA99 and Steen Pedersen,

Check out Instagram account kevingideon.fc they just ran two Instastories spotting Kevin dining with Angga, Ricky, Berry, etc mostly Indonesian players dating today. The account thanked Berry and Angga (maybe because they treated them for the meal). Seems like they are not fed up but more like they just fed Kevin up.:D

8. Hassefar60

Yes, I think so. At least, Ahsan/Setiawan cleary did not find it distasteful, since they laughed. That is good enough for me.

9. Hassefar60

No one is blaming Kevin for targeting Mads lying down on the floor. As you say, everyone does that. But a direct hit to the forehead should always trigger an instant apology. Every other player would have done that.

10. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Of course I know that hitting towards the player at the ground is a way to kill the shuttle. I AM NOT IDIOT! I was just saying that what he did afterwards was unsportmanlike.... Nothing to do with why someone hit the shuttle downward..... -_-

11. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Zzzzzz

I think you have spent you quota of 100 troll posts in this thread.

We all understand your position by now, we just don't agree with you.

Get on with it, and let's use the thread to discuss to players and their game.

Cheers,
    FB

Hassefar60 and Petersen like this.
  12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    No bigger troll than Boe himsef, I didn't provoke reaction from ten thousands of Indonesian on my Instagram. ;)

Let's discuss the players I agree, no need to bring up Kevin like some other did. Not even his thread in the first place.

Peace! BL

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why is Boe/Mog thread full of heated arguments of players antics?
    I came here to find out what how Moegensen is doing. Heard he withdrew from Thomas Cup?

Anyway, I don't see any of them being disrespectful. It's just them being themselves, nothing wrong with that. If anyone were annoyed with any player's antics or behavior, just try to bear in mind that he/she didn't necessarily mean any harm.

It's hard to see eye to eye when there are too many culture gaps, generation gaps, misconceptions and so on. That is why we have sports, where everyone from any culture, any age, any race, any species (perhaps one day?) is welcome to battle under a controlled circumstances to express themselves openly. Maybe before any matches they should put warnings like "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!" and so we can enjoy the match and feel safe that the younger ones would not think of trying those antics out.

stanleyfm and visor like this.
  14. Hassefar60

I don't know the details but it is related to the aneurysm from 2016.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I see. I hope it is not too serious.

16. Master

Master Regular Member

On the opposite, it's a very serious thing. It also should be related with his withdrawn from European Championships.

Don't be too easy against "aneurysm" which have recurrence risk even after having undergone treament.

I think it would be another feeling for Carsten Mogensen when he have to do a routine screening for his medical condition based on the need to detect it in the very early time before it's too late.

#316 Master, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
  17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Maybe Mogensen should retire and Boe pair up with Mathias Christiansen for the olympic games? Im sure they can be at least 2nd DEN MD after Konrad/Kolding, Astrup/Skurup kinda sucks.

18. Master

Master Regular Member

Mathias Christiansen has just left his MD partnerships and will concentrate in XD alone with Christinna Pedersen.

19. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Hmm ok not so many DEN players left for Boe to partner then. My new suggestion is that Jorgensen changes to MD, his MS comeback is going nowhere anyway. Jorgensen and Boe can aim for the Tokyo olympic games together.

20. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Its not looking good for BoMo after their loss today in JPN open to lower ranked european pair.