Malaysia to shine in ABC2007?

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by Linus, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    This article appeared on Badminton Asia Confedaration website dated 31/March.

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I think Malaysia will capture the MD title. The MS will be difficult with Chen Jin participating, I am not too worry about Chen Hong as he may be a bit rusty after 1-2 month rest. The key of Chong Wei success is still rely on those unforce errors, Chong Wei is still a very solid player with tremendous pace, I am not sure why he's abondoning Tat Ming and go for Misbun, sign of a non-champion attittude. I recall Chong Wei also was lack of faith when Li Mao took over the program ...
    As for Mew Choo, if she's 100% fit then all her opponents should worry.
    Malaysia Boleh!

3. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i agree fully. mew choo at 100% could beat anybody. hopefully she will.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is all in the mind. LCW needs to feel good about his coach. Currently, he does not feel good about Tat Meng -- as simple as that. It is good that he spoke out else if he continues in his present state, not only will Tat Meng suffer if LCW continues to perform badly.

Misbun has held court for so long and commands respect, even BAM has allowed him to do his stuff with just Hafiz for so long. So for those people not knowing this would think less of Misbun. Misbun has shown patience and works well with his players - else how else would Hafiz have won the ALL-England previously.

Now to blame Misbun for Hafiz's lost of form is a bit like comparing with someone who does not study and the teacher gets the blame (the teacher does not control Hafiz's life). I think if he wasn't a good coach LCW would not have asked to go back to him --- why would he, we are talking about his career and livelihood here (can he take such a risk if he did not sincerely believe Misbun can help him).

So please for all those who knocked his decision to go back to Misbun, give him a break. He needs to find the solution to his woes, let him work it out.

:D

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya...Only LCW knew what is the best solution to solve his problem.Since he decided to train under Misbun,we should respect his decision.Anyway, i really hope to see he regain his top form soon.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Somehow I get a good feel about this change, and also the ABC does not have LD or BAO, so LCW might feel more confident. If LCW plays well, I think he could come back strongly in the next few tournaments. LD or BAO may take some time to get fit -- so LCW can rule if he wins the ABC.

7. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Well said, I believe you have hit the nail on its head. Whether LCW will improve under Misbun only time will tell, but it is his decision. There are a number of armchair critics who think they know the player better than the player himself, that make me laugh.

8. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    it should be the head coach YKH that decides on this kind of matter instead of letting the players to choose which coach they would like to train under. and coz WTM to look like a fool......it would be a different story if it is YKH's decision instead of LCW's......

Imagine that you are a coach, and your player asks to be transfered to another coach......saying that you are not competent enough. how will u feel then?

9. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i dun think it really matters for Chong Wei to win this one.. as long as he is slowly picking up where he dropped off....

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Wrong ! You are assuming that LCW never consulted YKH -- the press stated that YKH was consulted (and can you imagine LCW just moved without YKH's approval ?) and WTM said he is ok with the move if LCW felt he could do better.

C'mon BAM would never allow such things to happen if it had not evaluated the implication. The fact is if a player does not feel like he can improve, BAM would hear the guy out and then make a decision with the help of people like YKH. And do you think Misbun would have accepted if he did not get the blessing of BAM or YKH.

Talking like you know everything without real knowledge is bad my friend ! BAD !

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    ok ok......my bad for i didnt check out the facts 1st......was the exclaimation really neccessary??? dun get emotional.......

Misbun is the only choice left for LCW now..........BAM should be thinking of acquiring new coach for MS.

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Exclamation only for emphasising --- not angry or anthing.

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i will salute Misbun if LCW is to beat TH..........LCW hasnt beat him for quite sometime already.....whats their score?

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well, you might have to salute him. TH is a great player and I will be the last person to question that. But I think he will get more inconsistent because of his lack of attendances in tournaments (he missed the last two). If you are a betting man (or a bookie), you would know that his odds would not be as good as LCW in the ABC.

15. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Malaysian squad in 2007 ABC:

Men's singles: Lee Chong Wei, Hafiz Hashim, Roslin Hashim, Wong Choong Hann, Lee Tsuen Seng, Sairul Amar Ayob, Yeoh Kay Bin, Ismail Saman, Tan Chun Seang.

Men's Doubles: Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong; Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah; Ong Soon Hock/Tan Bin Shen; Chan Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How; Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui; Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif; Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun

Women's singles: Wong Mew Choo, M. Sutheaswari, Julia Wong, Anita Raj Kaur, Lydia Cheah, Vivian Hoo

Women's doubles: Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui; Ooi Sock Ai/Fong Chew Yen; Haw chiou Hwee/Lim Yin Loo; Lim Pek Siah/Joanne Quay; Chor Hooi Yee/Wong Sai See

Mixed doubles: Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Wong Pei Tty; Hoon Thien How/Ooi Sock Ai; Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei; Gan Teik Chai/Haw Chiou Hwee; Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif/Goh Liu Ying; Lim Khim Wah/Ng Hui Lin.

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Let's see our malaysia new pairing of GTC/LWF and MF/ZL performance in ABC.

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yeah, hopefully our new pairing will do well in the tourney.

18. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    it will be interesting to see the new pairs. would they finally get the rhythm they very obviously need. would be awesome if malaysia could dominate men's doubles. the ws and wd has already been dominated by china. the ms still open. there's still TH and PG and KJ to challenge lin dan and the other china players. but come to think of it, i would prefer for no domination in any match. would make badminton a whole lot more interesting. :D :p

19. tjl_vanguard

Student
    i think the new pairing will perform even better than with their previous partners... cuz its like a new breathe of air in the career which is actually good plus Rexy is a good coach... :D

20. tjl_vanguard

Student
    i think its 3 including KO, AE and SO...

hehe just to clarify... :D