Malaysia to shine in ABC2007?

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by Linus, Apr 1, 2007.

1. winnie

winnie Regular Member

woohoo.. so unbelievable that the new MD pairs will be competing in this tournament!! cant wait to see their performance..hopefully they will hand in some satisfying results..and MD no longer hv kkk/wpt d leh..hmm good also.. tats mean kkk can concentrate in his MD games n can save energy to spore n indo open

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    u mean XD rite?? haha :D

3. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Malaysia willl send big forces to ABC.No offend to anyone but what if MAS fail to grab anything..sure kena kutuk kaw kaw.Then it gonna be scary nightmare to me.:D :p .Hope this not happening.

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    kutuk kau kau......not the 1st time already ma.......MAS is so used to it. hope that the new pairs can beat KKK/TBH.....who wil Rexy guide when both MAS MD are playing against each other.

5. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Anyone knows if rtm or astro will telecast any of the matches live ?

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

for KKK/TBH vs TBS/OSH, TBS/OSH might win for strategy purpose. they need to qualify for world championship by reaching at least semifinals. in actual form, they might not be able to beat KKK/TBH. but if there are any arrangements, TBS/OSH might win this match.

7. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i hope not! please dont go down the road of strategy matches. it cheapens the game. go down fighting. prove your mettle. not by backstage deals. i really hope we will not go there.

8. tjl_vanguard

Student
    well, for the sack of getting the bigger fish, they might go as far as that!
    haha :D

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

actually, i prefer TBS/OSH to win because KKK/TBH and LWW/CTF had already qualified for World CHampionship. This is Rexy's wish too.

10. tjl_vanguard

Student
    yes.. tats wad i was trying to say!! trying to fish our the big fish (WC)... :D

11. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    why dont BWF turn badminton into a betting game like football......maybe it can help to bring more sponsors to drive badminton into a bigger sport like soccer? since Asians or Chinese loves to gamble.....

I believe odds arent based on how many games the player have previously skipped, but rather the total score of the matches they played before which favours TH, a lot.

How many tournaments had CW/TG skipped? Just look at their recent performance before judging TH.

I hope that BAM will start looking out for potential MS coach for MAS. I have no doubts that LCW will turn into a stroke player like HH n his bro if he is to be under Misbun for a long period of time.

12. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    for MD, it looks like a national grand prix to me rather than Asian Badminton Championship. sigh......

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    KKK/TBH say to YKH:" ok ok, let them win, but the price money goes to our bank account........(heheheh.....winning with losing)"

win-win situation for KKK/TBH n OSH/TBS......it will be the spectators who lose in the end, spending their money on tickets to watch a staged game......hope that Rexy wont allow such ridiculous thing to occur in MAS team.

14. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Badminton / Asian Championships: Boon Heong wants ABC title

By : K.M. Boopathy

2007/04/07 [​IMG]
    Tan Boon Heong (left) with partner Koo Kien Keat go into the Asian Badminton Championships, which begin in Johor Baru on Wednesday, as favourites for the title.THE Asian Badminton Championships (ABC), which begin in Johor Baru on Wednesday, may not be one of the more popular international events, but it is special for doubles player Tan Boon Heong.
    Boon Heong, who partnered Hoon Thien How to reach last year’s final, wants to go one better this time with Koo Kien Keat.

A Kien Keat-Boon Heong victory is much anticipated in Johor Baru, as the duo have captured three of the four Super Series tournaments — the All England, Malaysia and Swiss Opens — they competed in this year.

But for Boon Heong, the Asian title has its own significance. It was at last year’s Asian Championships that Boon Heong’s immense potential was noticed as he and Thien How defeated former world champions Candra Wijaya-Sigit Budiarto of Indonesia in the quarter-finals before losing to compatriots Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah in the final.

"This is the event where I reached my first international final and I will try to go one step better by winning it," said Boon Heong.
    "I was not well known then but times have changed, and we need to work harder for the title. We have received a good draw but we are a little short on preparation and that will make it tough.

"However, I never go into any tournament worrying about my opponents or the shortcomings, and my intention is always to win."

Tan Fook-Wan Wah, ranked World No 6, are the only other top 10 pair competing in the Asian Championships and this has made Kien Keat-Boon Heong, ranked World No 9, the favourites to win the title.

Compatriots Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock, who are chasing a World Championships spot, are the only pair likely to provide some resistance to Kien Keat-Boon Heong in an expected quarter-final match.

They could meet scratch pair Lin Woon Fui-Gan Teik Chai in the last four before setting up a final showdown against Tan Fook-Wan Wah.

Should Kien Keat-Boon Heong win the Asian Championships their world ranking is likely to improve to sixth.

More importantly, winning the Asian Championships will serve as a morale booster ahead of the Singapore and Indonesia Opens in May.

GO...GO...GO TBH u can do it....:D :D

15. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

but i would not mind if other msian MD beat them... hihihi.. it'll boost the level of confidence of the winner..

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

i prefer TBS/OSH to win so that they can qualify for the World Championship. WC is our big fish..

17. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    Hahahhahahahhahahahaa, u talking Malay #^%#%* :rolleyes: , LOL, if really NOTHING to grab in early matches, LOL, cancel LIVE TELECAST on RTM 1 for Final & Semi-Final, LOLOL!! :D

18. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

currently, we can humbly predict that Malaysia has a good chance of winning the men'd doubles. keep your tickets safely and don't lose it. we shall watch at least a malaysian winner on this sunday.

19. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Looking back......

I started this thread so thought it might be worthwhile to look back at Malaysia performance in relation to the expectation:

MS: LCW is still a pale shadow of his oldself, although realistically his QF match against TH was always on a balance, many Malaysia fans did expect him to push TH given the latter has not been too active this year so far, but he lost in 2 stright sets. His exit was somehow compensated by YKB advance to the semi. Although other Malaysian MS players were outplayed in early rounds despite home ground advantage (look at Round 2 results!). Overall the MS performance can be considered "Below Expectation".

WS: WMC was stopped in the Semi by LL. Given the draw, this was probably the furthest WMC was expected to be. She would need to be above herself to beat LL which did not happen. Again would rate this as "As Expected".

MD: 3 MD in the semi, this is as good as one could expect although the field was considerable weaken with many top pairs not available. Not many would expect LWW/CTF to beat KKK/TBH in the final though. But this is the disciplin that Malaysia could be considered a force. I would say having 3 teams in any semi-finals is an achievement, hence would this as "Above Expectation".

WD: Seriously, I doubt anyone has any expectation here for the Malaysian WD - so will leave this out.

XD: Again no one would have expected much but there is one Malaysian team in the semi! But this XD has one of the weakest participations in this level of competition.

Overall, I would say Malaysia performance is "As Expected".

#39 Linus, Apr 15, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2007