Malaysia Open 2007 SF in Pictures

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Loh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, if Loh didn't mistaken you..

..for someone else, it's on the 1st page of this thread, post#8(10th pic down)..is that you, terry??:confused: ...for me, i thought you were also on the previous page's pics, post#27(8th & 9th pics)...if those weren't your pics, then i really apologize..:p

#41 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Dear Ctjcad , it was my "assignment" actually. Just helping out my friend to cover some insights for the MO during the 1st and 2nd day. And since i know i will be out for the rest of the tournament... i actually volunteered Terry to do the job for me heheh... oh well at least he can mingle with the players for the rest of the tourney.
    Actually i would rather sit down and watch the games with the players than going around shooting with cameras. I do it only once in a while.
    I missed alot of fun of catching up with some BC people like Loh and the rest. Not forgetting that i missed watching TBH/KKK win their first ever Superseries tourney and all the catching up i should have with the other players. Oh yeah... i might have send a bad vibe to Taufik after he snobbed me! No wonder he lost. :p I'm glad you all have fun.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Women's Singles Semi-Final

Wong Mew Choo beat Eriko hHrose 21-18, 21-19 (42 min)

The straight games score belied the hard work that both players had put in.
    It could have gone Eriko's way but Mew Choo was rather persistent and went for every shot that Eriko was pressured to place. Mew Choo's doggedness paid off in the end and the frustrated Eriko was thoroughly dissappointed as she was able to defeat the up-and-coming Hong Kong star who beat Zhang Ning recently, Yip Pui Yin, in the QF, albeit in three games of 15-21, 21-12,21-10. You can't blame Eriko who was looking forward to booking perhaps her first final in a major for sometime now?

Attached Files:

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Mr Chu, you were introduced at the right time by Mr Yong. The MO is the very first Super Series initiated by the BWF and therefore lots of badminton fans, especially Malaysians like you, would not want to give it a miss in this Forum. Therefore you also became 'famous' overnight. :D

Naturally we look forward to seeing you in August and hope that you can particpate more in this Forum. ;)

5. terry

terry Regular Member

1st page, post#8 was me. But i cannot view post#27. Can u capture post#27 pictures of me and post to new one?. Maybe post#27 too many pictures so i cannot view. Thanks in advance.

Terry.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Sorry, will try again..

...(must be still the slow internet connection in M'sia??) ok, terry, how abt now?? can you see the pics below??..I'm looking at the guy in red, carrying the photo-equipments...My guess, now, is that, it's not you.:p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#46 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  7. terry

terry Regular Member

Aik... Not me. Anyway thanks for the post. Hehe

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry Chris (?), that's not Terry. That 'heavy duty' guy looks much heavier than our BC friend. And I think his hair is shorter.

9. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

haha.ya sure we all had fun cos kkk/tbh won n wmc went 2 final.i was thr 4 semi n final n it was so nice.1st time watching live.met somme BC members.haha.d atmosphere is different than live on tv n i got 2 meet wmc, chin/wong n wch.didnt expect 2 meet them though.so hepi.got their auto but 2 bad i don hav cam.only took pic w pei tty n choon han using hp.so, not clear.should hav taken w wmc.btw they r like shy like tat.maybe not used 2 being famous.so ants. where r u now?got watch KO? njoy every1. MAS boleh

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    From Hospital Patient to Malaysia Open Champion in a week

The remarkable story of Peter Gade who was hospitalized for a migraine-related problem even before he arrived in KL for his assault on the MO SS men's singles title. He was still unwell when the qualifiers fought from morning to night to gain admission into the main draw, as was reported.

But when he was up and about for his first match in R1, he showed that he had more or less recovered as he progressively destroyed all opposition along the way as his following victories indicated:

R1 - Eric Pang (Nederlands) 22-20, 21-11 (30m)
    R2 - Ronald Susilo (Singapore) 21-13, 21-10 (28m)
    QF - Chen Yu (China) 21-13, 21-13 (27m)
    SF - Kenneth Jonassen (Denmark)21-14, 16-21, 21-11 (51m)
    F - Bao Chunlai (China) 21-14, 17-21, 21-13 (55m)

It appears that Eric Pang gave PG an immediate test on his state of health when PG was stretched to deuce at 20-all for his first game during R1. But PG then gave a good account of himself when he finished Eric off with 21-11 in the next game.

In R2, Ronald never got quite settled when PG gave him only 13 and 10 points. Chen Yu became PG's next victim although Chen had triumphed over PG before.

Then PG's real test came when compatriot Kenneth Jonassen, who had been hyped up to win this MO, took the second game but surrendered in the final game despite being so familiar with PG's style of play.

It seemed that the rest in hospital did PG a lot of good for even a rest day given to his final opponent, Bao Chunlai, by countryman Chen Hong, who was reported to be injured but showed up to play in the ongoing Korea Open although he eventually lost to Hafiz Hashim in three games. Even the LYB strategy failed to stop the 'bull-run' by PG, who perhaps played one of his career best matches against BCL and gave badminton fans a lot to talk about.

Indeed, PG is still sharp and fast and his smash remains lethal. He seems to have a protective armour around him, making it very difficult for rivals to penetrate his defense. His game has matured! :D

Attached Files:

#50 Loh, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  11. ants

ants Regular Member

Nice pics and write-up Loh. Glad that Peter manage to win. The Malaysians loves him as much as they love LCW.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Why don't you try to make it for the WC in August? Come home and meet your BC friends! Hope you've finished your thesis/dissertation by then. ;)

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hope you're happy with more Shiota pics that I've posted, or do you want some more? Yes the stadium was filled to the brim and the the excited spectators were moving their heads here and there for a better view. Inevitably they clashed with my picture-taking resulting in the "peephole" description you mentioned. :D

14. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    haha.. i might be there for WC... i hope to meet BC members there... :)

15. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

I would like to join you all in AUG but it is impossible due to my schedule. If any of you come to AE, we can meet over here then. :D

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Young Warriors of Malaysia and Indonesia

They are perhaps the fastest and currently the most talented pairs in their own countries. They met last December during the semi-finals of the Doha Asian Games and the new Malaysian partnership of Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong prevailed easily over Indonesia's Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan 21-14, 21-13 in just 20 min.

At this MO men's doubles semi-final match too, KKK/TBH continued to dominate with another convincing 21-19, 21-16 win in 29 minutes, taking slightly longer than before.

Will this new Malaysian sensation, who went on to take the MO crown by beating the most experienced in the business, Tony Gunawan and Candra Wijaya, be able to last and become World No.1 this year? Time will tell. But one thing is for sure - they will continue to communicate with each other on the court. Just as their Indonesian coach Rexy has a way of communicating with them during the intervals by putting his arms around the two of them to give them the feeling that they are treasured! :)

Attached Files:

#56 Loh, Jan 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  17. ants

ants Regular Member

Any more pics Loh.. those are nice..

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    You got any more pics, Ants?

19. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

ya i believe they can be world no 1
    just giv them time n training
    yup Rexy also put his arms around kkk/wpt in xd wc 06 game intervals.
    i think Rexy is a good coach

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Smashing Power! Thrills & Spills! Comedy! Flying Kicks...

Some snapshots of the excitement in and outside the court. :D

Attached Files: