Malaysia Open 2007 SF in Pictures

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Loh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi Chu

Nice to hear from you. Glade to note you had a safe journey home. I did watch long enough to see the mid-game result and was quite happy to spend more time posting the pics instead of remaining glued to the TV as the score remained the same at 2-nil in favour of Liverpool. :D

I think we must meet and adjourn again at hcyong's place for the World Championships from August 13-19 at Bukit Jalil. Mr Yong has not quite brought us around yet and it would give him another chance to play host and guide. ;)

2. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Loh, thank you very much for sharing all the pics. I am glad that you and other buddies enjoyed the tournament with company from local badm fans. Hope to join you all next time if possible. :)

3. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    feels like the pictures are shot through some peephole spy cam or something...

lol :p

one more comment, we need to see more of shiota!!!!

#23 hydrocyanic, Jan 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    For fans of Shiota and Ogura

Women's Doubles Semi-Final

The relatively new Indonesian partnership of Gresya Polii and Vita Marissa was in top form and defeated the popular Japanese pair of Kumiko Ogura and Reiko Shiota 20-22, 21-17, 21-13.

Attached Files:

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My friends who watched the MO with me

Two of them are BC members. Can you recognize them?

Attached Files:

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Women's Singles Final

Wong Mew Choo put up a gallant fight but Zhu Lin of China proved too much of an obstacle. But for Mew Choo, all Malaysian fans were proud of her for her gutsy display as Malaysia did not have a woman player in the final for a very long time. Zhu won 21-15, 21-12.

Attached Files:

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The Grand Finals They've Been Waiting For!

Finals day was filled with excitement and high expectations. The atmosphere was electrifying and the noise decibel rose many notches higher than normal. But all the fans in KLBA stadium took everything in good stride.

Unlike the first round when Taufik was combating Lin Dan, there was hardly any noise from the Indonesian supporters. The lone cheerleader who was trying hard to attract attention with his monologue and waving the Indonesian flag took on the the Malaysian fans and Malaysia's well-known cheerleader and his cheer team. Inevitably he was drowned out by the incessant "Malaysian Wave", the sounds of vocals "Malaysia Boleh" and the banging of the kompangs and balloon clappers that reverberated around the gallery. He even tried to join force with an English supporter who was standing nearby and also excitedly waving the England flag to support Robertson and Emms in the XD against China's Zheng and Gao.

Everyone came to enjoy, to release their emotions, to make meet and make friends, to make noise and to put on a smile! Badminton is Entertainment after all! :) :D ;)

Attached Files:

8. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    zhu lin's body ratio is sooooo nice!!

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, my guess...

...Loh, after reading your previous posts in this thread, my wild stab is, they are either kokcheng, terry or hcyong:eek::p...unfortunately, i don't have any clue whatsoever as to who they are in the pic..:p :( :D ;)
    Btw, thanks for sharing the rest of your pics..;):cool:..

#29 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm afraid you only got one name right out of the three you mentioned. :eek:

I have shown terry's pic earlier in this thread and that of kokcheng in other threads such as the recent Malaysian Satellite in Alor Star where he resides.

Hcyong will be quite pleased that you got his name right. He is the one sitting in front opposite me. Our new member from Kuantan spchu, who is hcyong's good college friend, is sitting behind him and Nicky (in pink shirt), who originally hails from Vietnam and is now residing in Singapore, is behind me.

Of course they're all younger than me! :)

#30 Loh, Jan 24, 2007
  11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yeah, I will be awaiting that time. Stadium Putra is actually quite near my KL residence.

Loh, how come there are no pictures of Eriko?

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Malaysia's young pair surprised Indonesia's veterans

I feel like crying as my earlier writeup with the attached pics had disappeared completely! :crying: I think I have pressed the wrong key! :mad:

But I shall attempt again. This is hard work! :cool:

Men's Doubles Final

The organizers knew that Malaysian fans will not want to miss this titantic match, so they placed this event right behind as the last match of the evening. Had they put it in front, many would have left before the end. :p

Malaysians refused to accept that their young talented pair of KKK and TBH, though recently assembled in time for the Doha Asian Games, in which they won the MD crown, will be no match for the ex-Olympic champion Indonesian veteran pair of Tony Gunawan and Candra Wijaya. Therefore they came in droves and created an atmosphere of fun and excitement and the cheer teams produced the rather familiar home-made music with their vocal chords, the Malay kompang hand drum and the Yonex balloon bangers. Such noisy music can often soothen the ears of Malaysian players and drive them to greater heights.

KKK/TBH were merciless and gave a scintillating performance unmatched by their rivals. The 'music' sent their adrenalin through the roof and with boundless energy, they gave TG/CW no chance of any comeback. It was a relatively easy victory, 21-15, 21-18 in 34 minutes.

That only title win evoked a standing ovation from the passionate Malaysian fans who were so glad that they stayed behind and stood by their young heroes. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    OK, especially for you, tomorrow I'll post pics of your favourite pin-up model in her semi-final match against Mew Choo. The Japanese girls were just trend-setters in fashion among the Asians! ;)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe, i see..

..ah, gotcha:) ..now i/we know a few more BC members' faces...hmm, and, in a glance, hcyong looks a little bit like our friend badMania..:D:cool:
    ...well, i just threw those names out there cos i saw them in the other posts..albeit, i should've mentioned spchu's name also..:eek: :D :p
    *Btw, looking back at those pics again, i notice terry was hauling some heavy duty professional photography toys(esp. that tele-lens he's holding in his hand:eek:)...did he get one of those Press passes..cos, from the pics, he seemed to be roaming the entire hall freely and doing so in a very relaxed attire..Hmm, i wonder if he was taking those pics for himself or he was on assignment?? Loh, do you know??..hehe:rolleyes::p:D;)

#34 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2007
  15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    When kwun came to Singapore for the Aviva Open 2004, he got to know quite a number of BC members through the social games we arranged. Can you remember we put up the first BC banner (which his mother painstakingly ordered from Shenzhen?) brought along by kwun? But I don't know whether he remembered hcyong who was one of those present. They might have sparred together.

As for Terry in his impressive outfit, of course he is the best person to answer your question. But I think our good friend "ants" must have something to do with it. Apparently ants missed the LD v TH match as he had to catch an afternoon flight to Japan? As you know ants seems to know many badminton folks in high places (both officials and players alike), not only in Malaysia but also in the Philippines where he is currently residing. Maybe he is currently cultivating a relationship with the Japanese badminton fraternity? ;)

16. spchu

spchu Regular Member

Loh, although I just join this forum, you already made me famous by posting my pic here... ;)See you and hcyong in august then...

17. terry

terry Regular Member

Here is Terry...since you guys been talking about me and now i will answer some of your question hehe...The heavy duty stuff(camera) belong to Ants. During the first round, I learn how to use and to take good picture. Currently ANTS is in Japan and when he back from Japan, I think he will posting up what he got. For my personally his camera were the best camera i ever used! I was on assignment for MO'07 and is my job to walk around to see what happen or interview some players. LOh, sorry for not have enough time to chat with u. Terry.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for clarifying...

:) ..hmm, i see, i see..Yah, i remember that thread where kwun and his lovely bride and i believe his mom traveled to S'pore in 2004 for the SO..Unfortunately, if i recall, i didn't see much pics of that gathering..:confused:
    As for ants, well, as we all can see his location info on his profile, it's no surprise he can travel anywhere(he actually mentioned abt him not being able to follow the whole MO as he had to travel);) ..He reminds me also of another of our BC traveling-friend, badMania..hehe;) :D :cool:
    ..ah, so it was ants's task all along to do those, heh??:rolleyes: :p ...Btw, wow, i didn't know ants owns all those photography goodies:eek: :cool: ..I'm sure those goodies "were the best camera";):D..And i bet you must've had a lot of fun clicking left and right with that camera, heh??..hehe;) :) ...
    On that note, are we going to see a bit of your pics taken during your 2007 MO tour-of-duty??..hehe:p ;) :D :cool:

#38 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2007
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe, sooner or later..

..spchu, no worries, i think sooner or later, for some reason(s), BC members in here will become somewhat "famous"..hehe:p:D;):cool:

#39 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2007
  20. terry

terry Regular Member

Eh where you got my pic with me handle the camera. Can you send me the link?pls...