Malaysia Open 07 Marks the Start of Super Series

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by ants, Jul 22, 2006.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Email your request to: customerservice@starhub.com Attn: Mabel Lim. Thanks for helping

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Wow.. what kind of customer service is that. "If you want it , you have to ask for it"....

3. event

event Regular Member

I don't know. It sounds as if she might be saying "We operate on the 'if in doubt show football' principle so the only way badminton is going to get on the air is if someone makes some noise about it." I mean, at least she is announcing that they will be open to requests. It is not unlike a store apologizing for not having something in stock and then offering to order it in. It sounds like good business. The store will only start stocking the product anyway if they a) made enough sales on the last shipment; b) get enough special-order requests from customers to justify a whole shipment; or c) see their competitors making money on the same product.

On the other hand, when you consider that the major sales made by television stations is not of programming to viewers but rather of advertising to sponsors, then the way they usually do it - asking the advertisers what they want shown and telling viewers to like it or lump it - makes even more business cents.

What's up with that?

#103 event, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  4. zenaeron

zenaeron Regular Member

Does anybody know whether the draw for this M'sia Open has been conducted?

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's sharp, event.Basically, SCV make money from advertisers and sponsors when they show football and golf. They don't make money from broadcasting badminton cos usually there are no sponsors and hardly any advertising ,so they try to drag their feet on badminton.
    Allow me to give all some history. A few years back when I asked where's badminton, they gave me a list of excuses:
    1) schedule tight, no more time slots
    2) nobody watches badminton
    3) no one's interested except you (meaning me). You are the only one to call.
    To which I replied:
    1) What's "Spelling Bee" doing on a sports channel?
    2) Had to write a paper giving them badminton fan population estimates covered by the Starhub footprint
    3) I represent many badminton fans.
    They backed down on the first two excuses but they are not convinced about the third because one lone badminton call is nothing when countless cricket fans blasted them when they don't show cricket matches.
    When I mentioned that Astro's showing more badminton than SCV, the excuse was smaller subscriber base.So how come they can show more EPL than Astro, I ask? But I 'm pushing for QF and SF telecast as well.
    No slight on KO ,event, but SCV is not going for all SS07 so if I have to choose between MO07 and KO07, I'll opt for MO07. Because all the top players will go for MO07 but some will skip KO07.
    This is not begging. Programming gauges interest based on subscriber feedback. If more badminton fans call or email regarding SS07 telecast, then they will be more convinced there is great badminton following. They need to be able to justify the badminton expenditure (which by the way is not cheap). Your emails or calls would form the justification.Every email counts!If they have 50 subscribers asking ,they will swing into action!

6. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

I suggest even non Singapore residents should spam that address !! So that they will "think" that they have that high demand !!

7. harimau_malaya

harimau_malaya Regular Member

i'm not really confirmed yet whether i'll go to the event. but, if i'm confirmed, i'll tell u coz i think it's cool if we go 2gether... szean56, u r guy or girl?

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You are right. i made a mistake there. There's no need to be a subscriber to email cos you can be a potential subscriber directly or indirectly. so pls feel free to request.

9. Hot-screensaver

Hot-screensaver Regular Member

Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium

Is Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium the one located in Cheras? Afraid no place to park my car, if I park in Jusco, how far is the stadium away?? 5 minutes walk?

Thanks.