Malaysia Md Also Scratch Pair????

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by reiko80, May 13, 2008.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    CTF and KKK blend together well. They had fun playing the Japanese guys. But i would also say that the Japanese have not been performing well this Thomas Cup.

2. jason_tiger

jason_tiger Regular Member

Advancing KKK/TBH to 1st pair will surely stand a much better chance to get one point, otherwise if CTF/LWW loss to CY/FHF, LCW & WCH loss their single, then it will then be 0-3, game over!

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LWW/CTF will not be able to play all together in the Semis if advance KKK/TBH to be the first doubles. Zakry and partner will be the 2nd if ever this happens.

4. jason_tiger

oh, really, ants...Have not spoken to friends in Jakarta yet, will have to wait our BC friends to kindly upload the videos ;-)
    Surely will "work from home" :pon Friday to watch this big match crashes!

Got to give credit to Rexy and the coaches of Malaysia for today formation, at least making China team confuse & more guessing in their preparation.

If I were Rexy (;-)), I will advance KKK/TBH to be 1st pair, at least to give a better chance in avoiding China wins by 3-0, then put another creative 2nd double pair instead of Zaikry/Fairu.

My choices would be :-
    CTF/Zaikry or CTF/Fairu

Nothing againsts LWW, simply because always good for a reason if a team got one lefty and one righty

Suggestion/idea is welcome ;-)

#44 jason_tiger, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

?????? :confused:

CTF/LWW leads in their head to head against CY/FHF. And quite a few of the wins are in recent years (2006 HK, 2007 WC). And don't forget how they toyed CY/FHF in 2007 Singapore (of course they finally toyed their own form off LOL :D).

CTF/LWW definitely holds the upper hand against CY/FHF.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It's always a hard choice whether to play safe or try to surprise your opponent (thus either win big or lost big). Back when China is weak in MD, China always form scratch pairs and it worked many times (in particular 2003 Sudirman when ZW/CY beat Candra/Sigit).

I guess it depends on how much confidence MAS has in LCW.:cool:

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

The JPN pair almost beat JR/LP. So I guess they are not off-form.

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

May I remind you that KKK/TBH has lost to CY/FHF in the two encounters during the past year?

9. jason_tiger

Honestly speaking, LCW must perform better than his normal standard in order to outclass LD; Tough for WCH to beat BCL unless BCL mentally collaspe; This leads Malaysia needs at least one point from the first 3 games.

ye333, I knew CTF/LWW did beat CY/FHF in the past ;-)

Does anyone knows about what's speed of shuttlecocks will be using in semi? It would be advantage to CTF/LWW if using slower speed.

#49 jason_tiger, May 14, 2008
  10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

The safest point for China is definitely BCL vs. WCH. Even if WCH plays well in the 1st game, in the 2nd and 3rd games BCL will have big stamina advantage.

How about HH to 2nd MS and Arif for 3rd MS? CJ was beaten by TCS in India Open (it's a very important tournament for CJ so I assume CJ was playing as well as he could). I suppose Arif is faster and has finer skills than TCS, so it's not impossible for him to topple CJ. :cool:

11. badadum

badadum Regular Member

CJ was beaten by another MAS junior, Chong Wei Feng, not TCS. Some also argued its due to CJ's injury. Moving HH to 2nd is not a bad idea though, considering he did beat BCL in ABC. It'll depend who's playing style HH less likely to have problem with. Regardless, it'll be a moot point if MAS can't get 2 points from the MDs

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CJ is vulnerable when facing opponents who can match his speed. He did better when facing slower players who rely more on skills. He lost to Boonsak tamely twice in 2007 and also lost to the powerful and young Kendrick Lee.

13. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    the only things I care for right now is of course MAS win both MD and hope 1 of the MS can deliver the third point :). Since the match that I want to watch the most is INA VS MAS in the final !! That's where all of the fun begin, sibling rivalry, hatred, fanatic supporters and country pride. All of that blend together in Senayan, that's the most awaited match

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

CJ has no real super weapon in his arsenal... He is not that fast, and his smashes are just average with no extra sting, while his netplay seems very average also... Just his defence is quite good.
    For me he is far too one dimensional.

15. lipans

lipans Regular Member

Possibility of MAS MD lineup.

1) CTF/LWW & KKK/TBH
    2) KKK/TBH & FRT/ZL
    3) CTF/KKK & TBH/ZL
    4) KKK/TBH & CTF/ZL
    5) CTF/LWW & FRT/ZL

I think Rexy initial plan is to use combination no 3 as a secret weapon against China. But due to performance issue by CTF/LWW during group stage, they are used earlier against JAP.

hence, I still think Rexy will use this combination against china to maximize chace of getting 2 points from MD.

16. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Culling from all the posts here, I think this could be a "surprise" line up to counter CHN -
    MS 1- LCW ( no surprise ;))
    MS 2 - HH ( becos he has just recently beaten BCL at the ABC :eek:)
    MS 3 - Arif ( no other choice in this strategy ! :( )
    MD 1 - KKK/CTF ( due to their impressive display yesterday :))
    MD 2 - TBH/ZL ( untested, but I m sure the coaches must have tried them out before :confused: )

If this strategy is employed then MAS wud be hoping to win MS1, MD1 and then MS2 !!!!:D:D:D

MAS 3 - 0 CHN !!!!!

#56 markchan, May 14, 2008
  17. reiko80

reiko80 Regular Member

tecnician
    not that easy bro...................................u think china had no strategy....they have 3 solid single and 1 solid double.....already 4 pts there....we are hoping on LCW and 2 MD.....our minimum capability compare with them had 4 capability....

18. takeshi

takeshi Regular Member

Keep all these secret...
    The China coach is surfing for clue...:D:D:D

19. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

China might makes some changes in their line up. Maybe moving CJ to 2nd single and let CY playing the 3rd single. Their 2nd MD can be a scratch pair also. Hehehehe this is interesting ...

20. masjoko

masjoko Regular Member

dont worry. what i know LYB only read chinese language forum..