Malaysia GP Gold 2009 Final China XD will play dirty

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by polis, Jun 27, 2009.

1. viver

viver Regular Member

But can't find anything about Zhou Mi and match fixing ... :confused: I mean where did she confirm that matches were fixed?

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

#222 jasonmarc, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Great, then ask why Chen Yu did not even get a chance to participate in ANY OG in his life time? Don't you think player as such deserve even more answers? Who took his chances away? CY has absolute 10,000 reasons to scream his lung out about "what's the point for his career"? And now, he definitely won't have a chance to even participate.

XXZ, XXF were WC champion and runner up in WC2003, less than 1 year from OG04. So, why certain rulez taking away such players "once in 4 years" chances?

So, how fair a competition can be, when it promotes "best of the best", then the WC champion, runner up, MS top 10 all do not even get a ticket. :rolleyes:

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I am sick and tired that ppl thinking players like ZM or CH are "brave fighter for freedom".

Seriously, I really suspect what's their real intention when they "confirm" whatever incidents. Tell me, why it takes them 15-20 years to realize "that's not good"? If they strongly does not like such ideas, why the hell they stay in the team for like 20 years? :rolleyes:

The reason is, when they were on the top, they are the ones receiving the benefits. They like the system sooooo much, and they are enjoying. When they found out it's their turn to give up, man, the big sour grape just blooming. So, let's polish the "sour grape" with a polished cover of "freedom". There you go.

If ZM made such a statement when she's like 15, way before being WS#1, I will think she's my hero. After I certainly does not think it needs to take her 20 years to figure out "what's wrong, what's right". So, make the statement when you "can not win", then, well...

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Whether it's individual or team sports, we also debated for years already.

Let me ask you, Tour De France is considered as individual sports, but Lance Armstrong public thank his teamates for "Team strategy" to help him win the final champion. Same thing as Car racing. Many such involve team play such as "blocking", "leading horse", etc. Tour De France only gives the trophy to the champion, but everyone know no single rider can win without teammates' help and sacrifies.

Even individual sports such as diving, gymnastics have "team strategy". If more than 1 player get into the final. Whoever the younger, less chance winner will usually boost up the difficulties. If s/he finishes well, then s/he will win. Even if s/he fails, they are dragging the difficulties standard very high, which gives opponents great pressure to following, which easier to create their own mistakes. So, their teammate will get a better chance to win.

So, do you consider all the above team or individual? :rolleyes:

6. viver

viver Regular Member

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hey, no denying that from me. Remember, LYB asked ZM to lose but whether ZM complied or not we are not certain.

Was it 100% fixed since as some of u have said, on those alleged match, the player who lost the 1st set must give up the 2nd set. So, if ZM want to be in the WS final, she can if she had beaten ZN in the 1st set of the SF but ZM didn't. ZN won the 1st set over ZM by 11-6, hardly a close scoring set.
    On the 2nd set ZM lost. Did she complied to lyb's request or did she REALLY failed to beat ZN on the 2nd set (4-11)?

i forgot, did ZM quit or got fired from the china team?

Why couldn't a coach reserve the rights to pick certain player to achieve his end goal like they can in basketball, baseball, volleyball, hockey?

#227 cooler, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
  9. viver

viver Regular Member

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i think u r naive and too idealistic, talking all this motherhood and apple pie stuff, telling the chinese pro players what's really good for them lol.

I have to assumed that u haven't read my discussion on this topic in other threads before so i'll repeat it again with some more additonal comments.

First, u see things black and white. Reality is, china players play for the CHINA TEAM, be it in MS, WS, MD, WD, XD. Second, u as a fan may see badminton as individual sport, however, many other fans don't be see it your ways. U did not prove to me that u have 100% audience acceptance of your idealistic view. It had been shown by other sport examples (cycling, F1 racings) that distinction between team and individual sports can be a blurry one. Third, in Olympic games, WC(a pseudo olympic when badminton wasn't a olympic sport), TC/UC, sudirman cup, winners are more recognized by their country, not player. To me, these high profile games promote country/team unity more so than individual professionlism.
    Even when Saina Nehwal won the WS in 09 INA open, she draped herself the India flag, and this isn't even the olympic game, an INA Open which individual performance realm supreme but she saw it as an achievement for her country as well. U can't get a bigger team than a whole country.

Only few sportmans can be truly labeled as individual pro that represent themselves only. Some like tiger wood, federer, and now taufik are good example of real individual pro. Zhou mi quit (or got booted out) the team so she can play like a freelance pro, that's her choice but there are 100X more chinese WS players who want to play for the china TEAM. It's not just china, the pros from MAS, INA, Denmark, etc can QUIT their team and go play like a true pro taufik and zhou mi. Go ask them, why don't they?

#230 cooler, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

did ZM really missed her chance to be an olympic champ? U make it sound like she would win the gold when she can't even take the 1st set from Z. Ning in the SF. A chance yes, but less than 50% chance against ZN and another 50/50 chance against mia audina. Do u know how probability is calculated? U said 'Now, she probably will never win an Olympic title.' Since she quit the team, i think that's her choice of forfeiting her 2nd chance. Since 2008 OG WS final is an all chinese, ZM could win the title if she stayed around.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    After hundreds of posts and hundreds of topics, still no single person can answer my questions about how much sacrifies players such as CY, XXF, XXZ put in for the sport and current structure.

After LYB and his team got flammed after every single tournament, poor guy like CY's situation is hardly ever been touched... Now, let's talk about the "fairness" or "individual". :eek:

Also, other missing answers including why players such as ZM, CH, etc need to take 20 years or so to finally "fight for freedom", when they were clearly no more at their peak, at least from their formal team competition / training perspective. So, when you are good, you stick with a team, be its god or evil. When you are not as good, you suddenly think individual will give yourself more chance? Well, great... Everything has to work around you, and has to be adjusted based on your like...

#232 LazyBuddy, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  13. viver

viver Regular Member

Cooler and LB,

I think you may have missed 1 small detail - in badminton, the invitation to participate in an international tournament is addressed to the national badminton association/federation and not to the players. This was the procedure and I am not sure if it has changed.

And regarding sports, I see sport as an activity we enjoy doing and often for health reasons. High level sports is not done for enjoyment reason and much less for health. Benefits have to be quantifiable - i.e. don't think Real Madrid hired C. Ronaldo just because of his looks and skills.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

even better, you reinforces my point, that badminton isn't a true individual sport as skuo2003 asserted to be. I also have said before that Opens, although not perfect, are the best gauge of player's individual talent.

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    a'ha cooler, pardon my question. so, you suggest that all the 'fake injuries' are merely team strategy? thus, it should be non of others' business?

16. viver

viver Regular Member

'Fake injuries' with the tournament doctor's certification are valid and certified injuries. ;)

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    great,haha
    u mean u can break the law when u have the help from police:eek:

18. viver

viver Regular Member

And do you have the evidence that the police helped and broke the law? :rolleyes:

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

from all the supposed 'fake' injuries, can u show me just 1 fake injury that i can believe in? So if ZYL didn't stop playing from the supposed fake injury, and ma jin got to play longer, would this really gonna prevented the crushing of CEH/WPT by ma jin/XW?.

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member