Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

CONFIRMED : Lin Dan won't play the role of Lin Dan in the upcoming Malaysian Movie : 'Lee Chong Wei'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baddyforall likes this.
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

林丹抵福州备战中羽赛 谢杏芳携子陪同
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20171112/013831.htm#p=1

The title of the link to a series of six photos says, Lin Dan arrives at Fuzhou in preparation for China Open, Xie Xingfang brings son along to accompany
    [​IMG]
    The couple upon arrival at Fuzhou airport on 12th November taking the morning flight from Beijing to take part in the China Open 2017
    [​IMG]
    Lin Dan tending to his son

It seems Lin Dan's mum came along, not surprising as they might take the opportunity to visit their hometown, Longyan, not too far from Fuzhou by car via the highway, about 4 over hours' drive. Just my guess.

3. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    hillarious! Lin Dan wont be playing Lin Dan!

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Hats off to the video maker ! Pure class.

stanleyfm and Justin L like this.
  5. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

this is super!!

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

The actor has 70% resemblance. I wonder whether he plays at least 10% of Lindan plays. Graphics will play remaining.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

7. Fantasista

Fantasista New Member

Lin Dan just defeated by Jonatan Christie in the 1st round Tahoe China Open 2017. I am a big fan of Lin Dan, but if these kind of result keep repeating in the several next tournaments, maybe he should start considering a retirement.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I have said the same sometime ago but probably because of contract commitments.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

If he keeps reaching WC final, maybe he should not.

swsh likes this.
  10. Mate

Mate Regular Member

Nah, he will win World Championship and Asian Games next year. He just need to put more effort on it, he still has the ability to win.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I hope when Lin Dan is back in the hotel room with his family, Xie Xingfang pretended to talk to their baby Xiao Yu," Your Daddy lost today in the first round in front of the home crowd. You know, we are here to support him but he's only thinking of holidaying, not playing and winning and then holiday afterwards as we thought he would." :p:D:)

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think Lee Hyun Il at age 37 has demonstrated time and again that winning a top-level tournament is almost beyond reach for anyone at his age. True, Lin Dan is special, he's greater, but 37 years of age is really pushing it for Father Time spares no one.

I'm beginning to feel that it's much better for Lin Dan to do his best next year, ideally wins the WC or the Asian Games and then retire in full glory and style than to carry on until Tokyo 2020 when he will be 37 while continuing to suffer heartbreaking early exits now and then along the way.

Understandably, he is staying on for contractual obligations and planning for his future retirement. In that case, even if we don't expect him to work assiduously for his goals, at least he must feel obliged, if not sufficiently motivated, to put in more effort and prepare better for tournaments that matter and at the same time avoid early exits as much as possible so as not to let his legions of fans down, including the sponsors, Yonex and Li-Ning.

Frankly, I believe it's not for lack of ability on his part but the will to do it.

13. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan shocks the Badminton World : '' I need to adapt to the competitive Badminton again.''

Lin Dan: I was totally not in the form today. I've not been playing for tournaments for quite some time now, felt not so familiar with the match. I was leading in the first game but overtaken by opponent, I should have won the first game but it was normal too. I didn't play well as my opponent did in the first half of the second game. I was affected by the drift, making too many baseline errors. I kept looking at my coach whether my mistakes were caused by drift. He said Yes. My next tournament is Hong Kong Open, hope to get back the feeling by playing more games.

What a troll!

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Like I said, he is on holiday mood, no competitive spirit, no competitive edge. As if his goals for the year is accomplished after the WC and CNG, then it's vacation time for the rest of the year except for one small assignment from Yonex at Japan.

How I wish his son is old enough to keep watch on him like Fu Haifeng's 5-year-old boy before he retired - according to FHF , his son is the one person he dreaded going home to meet as he would always ask him how he fared, why this, why that, and even often reminded him to go for training and work hard.

Abu Tanki likes this.
  15. Nine Tailed Fox

I am afraid Lin Dan is finished.

List of Players better than current Lin Dan

1) Viktor Axelsen
    2)Kidambi Srikanth
    3)Lee Chong Wei
    4)Chen Long
    5)Son Wan Ho
    6)Shi Yuqi
    7)HS Prannoy
    8)Jonathan Christie
    9) Wong Wing Ki Vincent
    10)Anthony Sinsiuka Ginting
    11) Anders Antonsen
    12) B Sai Praneeth
    13) Kenta Momota
    14)Ihsan Maulana Mustofa
    15) Wang Tzu Wei
    16) Lee Hyun Il
    17)Kenta Nishimoto
    18)Qiao Bin

I will bookmark this post and keep adding to this list.

as Lin Dan has just completed the penultimate chapter of his career : 'The Final Hurrah!' which included Malaysia Open PSS title, Swiss Open title, Badminton Asia Championship runner up Silver Medal, Sudirman Cup Silver Medal, BWF World Championships Finalist, Chinese National Games Individual and Team Gold Medal.

Now, he enters the Final Chapter of his career : ' The End'.

16. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

Looks like a really thorough methodology you have there...?

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Such a sad state of affairs. The Man who ruled the court once is getting bullied by Jonatan Christie. You know, in China Open, we expect good performance from Chinese Players but this man doesn't have shadow of responsibility on his shoulders. What was the point of coming back from 8-20 to 16-20...Was it too much to play in the same standard throughout the second set ?

18. DarkHiatus

It's always been this way with LD - he wins when he wants to.

His heart definitely isn't all in now, but we can hope that he does still give it his all for some upcoming tournaments.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

He won't. He doesn't give a F about anything at this point. Expect another two sets first round thrashing in Hong Kong and snubbing of the media's questions.

He won't come to India Open, He won't perform in China Open. How to enjoy Lin Dan?

20. DarkHiatus

He'll do the minimum for ranking points to qualify for WC/OG I imagine, then hang his up his boots after.

Wouldn't expect repeated wins anytime soon.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.