Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Standing up for myself and what I believe isn't called arrogance, thats just called standing up for myself, don't accuse me of being something I'm not man

2. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    you can ask anyone who actually knows badminton, they will tell you that : AE is not a major :p
    AE is only SSP event, the same with other SSP
    I have bored to explain that AE is not a major

most of badminton fans know that LCW never won a major title
    do you ever heard about this ?
    so what is about AE titles that he won it before, 3 or 4 times if I'm correct.
    not count as big titles ?
    why ?

and even LCW admit that AE is not big event :

He sunk to his knees as he finally beat his old foe. “This is the first time I’ve beaten Lin Dan in a big competition. Today, Lin Dan and I played a great game and I’m very proud to beat him,” a relieved Lee told reporters.

and what about 2011 AE won by LCW over LD ?
    big competition according to LCW ? :p
    http://www.todayonline.com/sports/lee-chong-wei-smashes-away-eight-years-hurt

so why Srikanth and LCW can't win most of the time against LD ?
    how to prove that Srikanth more variety than LD ?

3. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

One of your so called badminton experts in this forum literally said that AE is not a major, and another one said "Mental strength does not win you matches". WOW, love the BS in those comments, they come from such experts.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you come in with no respect, why should we give you any, especially when you cling to faulty or even absurd statements?
    And again with the hate, there has been no hate here. It may be your way of trying to invalidate others' points of view, but disagreeing with you and/or getting annoyed by your arrogant, abrasive way of writing are NOT hate.
    You have not adressed many objective disagreements properly, instead evading and changing subjects, focussing on side points, regurgitating this 'spewing hate' line... yet you claim that no one wants to have a discussion? A discussion requires two people willing to accept others' points, and you have shown a remarkable unwillingness to do that so far. On top of that, you made some very arrogant statements which clearly show you believe yourself to be above others, and that in itself makes me giggle.
    Also, you lump me in with all others in 'you guys', while I have adressed you directly and have been fairly courteous to you so far, and yet you insist we/I have been insulting to you....amusing.

Calling the whole group participating in this thread dumb (or 'not intelligent') is just statistically ridiculous by the way, there's too many ppl here for all of them to be below average, and my personal guess is that a few are more intelligent than you even if you are above average. Just a guess though.

Oh, and just to give you an example (and I hasten to make it clear that it does not reflect my own opinion, nor is it meant seriously in any way): "You come from a thirdworld country and your education is crap. You cant possibly know what youre talking about, p*ss off." would be a (somewhat) hateful comment, not "Indian players are in no way inherently more skilled than Chinese players".
    Others bring up your age because certain personality traits you display are associated with young age, and that is not hate either.
    Please quote me something someone said here that you consider hateful, because I've not seen anything I would consider as such.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sigh, fans like Anand S makes me want to wish that Lin Dan and LCW should've retired a few years ago; preferrably after the Incheon AG'14 for Lin Dan, and the Rio'16 for LCW.

But, otoh, what we would've lost might be much greater in not having the two super maestros around for much longer. The trade-off for us badminton fans (not only LD's and LCW's) is hard to measure and weigh. I guess, we ought to be heartened they decided to carry on till now and beyond.

6. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

REALLY? The Wimbledon of badminton, the premier event of badminton, the event which the legendary Morten Frost (Hungry as they come) said he would rather win over the world championships, the event considered the unofficial world championship (If not now, definitely back then, but it is still considered as prestigious as a world title among the players), the oldest event in badminton, that isn't a major!!??

The only reason it is a SSP is because BWF couldn't use a different classification on it, and actually, the SSP other than AE can arguably be considered majors, with amazing histories behind them too, like Indonesia Open, Malaysia Open, Denmark Open, China Open (Well those are the other 4, so it proves my point), they arent on the same level as AE, but they are huge in their own right. LCW has won 4 All Englands, but he still lacks the World/Olympic gold, people keep talking about it, because it is the only title he lacks, not because AE is any less (It is less than olympics, but about the same level as worlds)

Now you are just playing a game of semantics, firstly, that was taken from a Chinese/malay translation (I don't think he would say it in English to a Malaysian newspaper), so there can be translation flaws, and him calling it a big competition is the same as him calling it a event, championship, whatever you want to call it, they all mean the same thing, You literally just proved my point with that LCW quote, it is a big competition to LCW, he said so, and it is a big competition to anyone who actually knows badminton.

7. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Some fan, wishing LD and LCW were gone just cause of little old me

8. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    We have a younger version of Donald Trump.

samkool likes this.
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nice try at an ad hominem there ('usual conclusions'? Really?), but I've read your post carefully. Nowhere did he 'belittle' your country. If quoting India's history of SS titles is belittling to you, boy are you in for a ride in less filtered areas of the Internet :D
    Also, I understood fully what you meant and disagreed with it without resorting to your candid form of personal attacks :) Have a nice day.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Correct, @Fortune never indulges in personal attacks, he is always using facts and figures to back up his arguments, whether we agree or not with his views and conclusions is another matter. However, I must admire his ability and willingness to dig up so much facts and details (time-consuming, tedious) , really appreciate it, very informative.

j4ckie likes this.
  11. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

I don't see him, I find that highly offensive, comparing me to Trump, nowhere have I been racist or direspected women, don't compare me like that. If you mean an expert businessman who stands by what he says, I respect that thank you, but I haven't engaged in some of the stupider things trump does

Baddyforall likes this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Fortune is right, you misunderstood and misinterpreted his views and arguments which are with respect to what Anand S claimed. Nothing racist, only objective comparisons, be fair to him.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah you're an expert. Surely you've seen it all, after all you (claim to) have watched LOTS of badminton. Who wouldn't instantly agree with you on everything you say, even when it's against the statements of various former elite players and coaches....they can't have seen as much badminton as you! Also, all those years of playing and coaching and all that real-world experience, it couldn't possibly compare to your experience gathered by watching videos...!
    Brilliant, mate. I mean, it's been a while since I've been thoroughly amused by an arrogant kid. Usually they're just crass and insulting.
    Yeah, that was personal, but the unbelievable arrogance of your factually faulty post earned you that. And I call it faulty because I backed up almost all of my statements which you conveniently ignored. So did others, by the way. You were just too busy imagining hateful comments to notice.

skhai91, samkool and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I didn't tell him that he has written wrong stats. I wouldn't have even care to post a reply to that. i just wanted to remind him for the emojis (stick out tongue) which he inserted . That's all. Anyway, @Fortune did not use it later.

But i wanna ask @Anand S, give it a break man.

#10514 Baddyforall, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    stanleyfm likes this.
  15. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

I am just passing on what I heard from them man, I don't claim to be more qualified than them. I may be arrogant, but I simply stand for what I believe in, call me arrogant, I could care less

And yes @Baddyforall I am finally tired of people's crap

16. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Yes, who isn’t tired of nonsense.

samkool likes this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Should I applaud you ? Man, your self-praise, conceit, arrogance, megalomania (?), self-delusions. Enough said.

18. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

That's a whole bunch of words buddy, no one here is a Badminton expert

19. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Good, I am waiting for you to appear on TV coaching Srikanth as you must be an expert that can coach better than Mulyo or Gopichand

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Fortune likes to make circular arguments if you hadn't noticed. By replying, you just fell into his trap .....hook, line and stinker. :)

Baddyforall likes this.