Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Shi Yuqi is playing at the Swiss Open? Wow, lucky him. That ankle sprain looked nasty.

2. BirdieBeater

BirdieBeater New Member

Another title to his name for Super Dan at the Swiss Open!

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Watch how Lin Dan gets even better in Malaysia Open PSS. He is suffering from rich vein of form which will only get richer once he proceeds home and see his cute baby calling him 'Papa'.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At the MAS Open PSS , LCW's turf ?

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Yes, it's time Lin Dan gets a reality check. Badminton gods needs to place him where he belongs.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock. Skills, racket skills, tactics, win.... Repeat.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It will be great if Lin Dan or Chen Long beat LCW in MAS Open where he's never lost before, not once. Where there's a will, there's a way.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wow, Lin Dan after giving us an exhilarating match with Viktor Axelsen at the AE'17 semifinals last week, now this week gave us another stirring performance throughout the Swiss Open to delight his fans no end.

May Lin Dan continue to surprise and amaze us in the months and years ahead.

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Chen Xiaoxin and Lu Kai, you are both from Nanning. Please do us, the fans of Chinese badminton, a favour. Persuade TYT, also from Nanning, to continue training and playing badminton while attending University. Guo Kai is doing it and so is Zhang Wen. Be like Tian Howei who took part in some competitions while he was in Jiao Tong. From across the straits WTW is doing the same thing.

#8868 tbgoh288, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    visor likes this.
  9. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    To beat DLCW in the Malaysia open in his quest for the 12th title seems tough but if DLCW is beaten then no other candidate fits well other than LD.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It'll be tough for LCW is seemingly unbeatable at the MAS Open , plus he is so consistent and motivated, not to mention homeground advantage which can be positive or negative depending on the players themselves. In LCW's case, he is always on top of his game in MAS.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan, with the new BWF event structure, won't you seriously consider prolonging your career, stay relevant and make the most of it while you still can ? Just 'suffer' for a few more years, I believe BWF and the sponsors as well as your legions of fans will love to have you around as long as possible. http://bwfbadminton.com/2017/03/19/bwf-launches-new-event-structure/

The prize money is more, the publicity is increased, and the overall prestige of the sport is raised and would be expected to get better as the years go by.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Well, Lin Dan can always convince himself that he is a year younger than Lee Chong Wei.

Plus being the most skilled player on the tour means his physicality has little to do with outcome of his matches.

I can see him continuing till Tokyo 2020.

13. lippro

lippro Regular Member

Just re-watched the Swiss open WS finals match. Does anyone find Chen Xiaoxin's playing style similar to LD technique-wise? I certainly do; her technique, footwork, deceptions ,the way she stretches for shots all have a very interesting LD-esque vibe to them. I'll definitely be keeping a close watch on how she progresses; I think I may have found a new favorite.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tokyo 2020, that's what all we Lin Dan fans dream of, might be wishful thinking.

True, Lin Dan is one year younger than LCW (both are born in Oct) but the differences between the two in terms of motivation, accomplishments and the competition they faced back home are working against Lin Dan.

It's possible LCW may still be MAS best hope for MS in the Tokyo Olympics should his motivation and form persist until then.

For Lin, even if he has just enough motivation to carry on, the ability and will to stay in the fight for honour and glory, he has to contend with his teammates for one of the two OG spots for which Chen Long is likely to take up one, what about the rest? Shi Yuqi is rising, and who knows, one or two others later ?

Three years is a long time in badminton terms and age is no longer on Lin Dan's side. Predicting the future is futile when it comes to human affairs, in my opinion.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's a huge compliment for the young 18-year-old Chen Xiaoxin, a WS at that. I do like her game and on court demeanour but seeing it as Lin Danesque never occurred to me. If you're right about her, then this girl is in for great things to come.

But, at the moment, I have a concern which harks back to her previous match with Sung Ji Hyun at the KOR Masters last September. In that encounter, CXX was clueless how to handle a tall and fast attacking player, often her lifts were punished when SJH either brought it down quickly by smash or drop shot or intercept it in mid-air to send CXX scrambling or reeling.

She has to learn to adjust her game against an opponent who has the height, reach and speed as not only Sung JH but also P V Sindhu would pose a similar problem to her should they meet one day. Am looking forward to it and will be following her progress from now on.

16. lippro

lippro Regular Member

I was just commenting on the visual aspect of her style haha, not making any assertions about the quality just yet. But I gotta say I do have high hopes for her.

17. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    in order to prolong his career he needs shorter games (3x15_21) more than the slight bump in prize money.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Absolutely, a shorter game format,say 15 points per set for best of three, helps a lot for the older and less fit players, just that BWF hasn't announced anything about that so I can't jump on that.

Of course, the small bump in prize money alone is nothing much to Lin Dan, I only mentioned it as part of the rise in the sport image that celebrities like Lin Dan and LCW more than others will enjoy if they stay active in the sport instead of retiring now. Yonex for sure will want Lin Dan to carry on as a player to generate positive news for as long as possible.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Ladies' Man Lin Dan gets warm welcome from 'Girls' upon arrival in Beijing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Best of three to 15 would be utterly stupid. The matches are shorter than ever as it is, no need to shorten them even further. I dont like the idea of a change to 11 points best of 5, table tennis did the same and it did nothing for the sport and I much preferred playing the old 21p/bo3.
    I think a shorter game system could result in matches not getting into a proper flow, with many more breaks interrupting and disturbing the rhythm.