Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Time to retire with those results, no offense.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    trash means easy win or hard fought victory ?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.qq.com/a/20161007/022664.htm

Lin Dan is playing for Beijing club in the CHN National Badminton Team Championships 2016 held at Foshan, Guangdong. FYI, after Lin Dan left PLA's BAYI team (when he started his own private enterprise, the underwear business, as PLA personnel are forbidden to set up their own business), he joined the Beijing club. I recall, last year, Beijing club for lack of a sponsor, couldn't afford to take part in the CBSL (China Badminton Super League). Besides Lin Dan, Beijing club has another three world class players in Zhang Nan, Qiao Bin and Liu Yuchen,so you can imagine how much money Beijing club would have to raise for them, esp Lin Dan and Zhang Nan, to participate in the CBSL.

During this period, Lin Dan is actually still on leave but he decided to repay Beijing club and is representing them in the National Team event. On the first day, he wasn't fielded against Jiangsu Team. In Day 2 (7th Oct), in the tie against Guangdong team, he was fielded as MS2 and took on Wang Zhengming, winning 21-14,16-21 and 21-16. In the end, Beijing beat Guangdong 3-1 after disposing of Jiangsu the other day to head the group in the preliminaries. (I supposed Qiao Bin is assuming the MS1 role for Beijing though not stated explicitly, a surprise to me Lin Dan is willing to settle for MS2. I presume Lin Dan hasn't been undergoing systematic training yet post-Rio'16 and realistically aware of his current less than ideal condition. Just saying. - Justin).

The author mentioned that Lin Dan has not handed in his resignation letter to CBA yet nor announced his retirement, he also expressed that it would be regretful if Lin Dan were to quit before the China National Games next year, a major multi-sport quadrennial event in China.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I case some of you are wondering if I might've misinterpreted the article as saying Lin Dan was fielded as MS2, this is the sentence from the article: " 而今天跟广东队的比赛,林丹终于被派出二单登场,而他的对手就是自己刚刚离开国家队的王睁茗。"

Translation: "And today in the match against Guangdong, Lin Dan was finally fielded as MS2 and his opponent was none other than Wang Zhengming who had just left the National Team."

(In fact, I was trying to figure out from the context if the author meant MS as the second match in the group tie but there was just not enough details for me to draw that conclusion. Pardon me if I got it wrong - Justin).

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

According to the author's understanding, Xie Xingfang's delivery due date is probably middle third of October (this month).

Let us all look forward to the birth of " Little Super Dan " !

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Now we know Xie Xingfang was in the third trimester of her pregnancy during Lin Dan's Rio'16 campaign. Wonder if he was affected in any way at that time. For sure, he'd be calling home several times a day with his mind constantly on his wife's advanced pregnancy.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I would like to see Lin Dan do a yonex ambassador thingy here to America to the San Francisco Bay Area not Los Angeles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Let’s see whose firstborn LCW‘s or Lin Dan‘s to pick up a racket first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Probably neither... can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure to live up to their fathers' legacies...

10. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

And, mother's legacy as well. Both ladies were their respective country's No.1 once. :)

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

hahaha ... you will never know ... maybe their kids will outshine their parents ... easier for LCW kids than LD !! :p Just win one gold medal or one world championship and he is already better than daddy+mummy !!! :D

LD's kid have to win 3 OG and 6 WC to top daddy .... walau !!!! :rolleyes:

#7911 maxout, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    ashers888 and visor like this.
  12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So in your opinion Chen Jin and Xia Xuanze are (were) better players than LCW? :D

13. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Nope ... Han Jian for me hahaha :D He will "stroke play" you to death hahaha :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Jian_(badminton)

Used to love watching his games against Morten Frost and Liem Swie King... they were the heroes then ... and the weapon of choice then Carbonex 20 hahaha ... I never grew out of the era. :cool:

For doubles ... Tjun-tjun-Johan Wajudi and then Park Joo Bong and Kim Moon Soo.

I am writing a bit extra for "young guns" who may have never heard of the old heroes of the late 70s, 80s and early 90s - my peak stage of badminton.

#7913 maxout, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

But I have to admit that LD and LCW are fantastic examples and exponents of the modern aggressive game. I enjoyed their match ups the best. At my age, stroke play and placements are name of the game rather than 200+kph smashes or lunges ... hahaha :p Old bones cannot hack it anymore !

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Han Jian lost to Prakash 15-0 in the first set in their meeting in Oct 1981.
    See here and here.
    We were so sad.

And Alba was the name of the day.

16. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Good news for Lin Dan and family, although compared to Taufik, Lin Dan's seems to be on the very late side with having children.

Taufik's eldest daughter is already 10 and younger son is 6, and his son (from non marital relationship with a girl he met at Sigit's party) if I remember correctly is already 15 years old.

17. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I read that Taufik was a "naughty boy" but not that naughty hahaha :eek:

18. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    When he was younger, he was quite a playboy (switching between beautiful girlfriends like Wynne Prakusya, Nola AB Three, Deswita Maharani to name a few before becoming a family man after marrying the current wife, Ami Gumelar) and a party animal that frequented nightclubs (it was famous that he didn't train but instead went clubbing until morning before departure of some tournaments abroad).

He was said to pay a lot of money to the ex-girlfriend and never denied that it was his own son. Everyone has their own past and so does Taufik. :D

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I wonder if he was doing that when he was already going downhill regarding his performance or when he was at his peak. KKK has been criticized for similar behavior and lack of fitness.

20. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Well, everyone has a BAD HAIR DAY, doesn't one ? hahahaha :p:D

Nowadays I remember P. Padukone more as the FATHER of Deepika Padukone :rolleyes: Bollywood ROCKS !! This girl has really OUTSHINE the father literally ... the spotlights are blinding !!! :p