Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's why Lin Dan was slapped with a fine, just that he doesn't mind, a trivial matter to him.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In a sense you're right, Lin Dan even dropped his racquet, He Bingjiao didn't and carried on playing.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

@Loh

You probably wouldn't have noticed this.After the match point,Lin Dan asked Chen Long if his finger is OK.What a beautiful gesture.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It was reported in the press. Rivalry aside, they are also friends and respect each other.

5. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

He also gave Xue Song a banana after AE final and later he gave Xue Song a bottle of his own sports drink saying that would help his cramping problem.
    His teammates call him Brother Dan ( except FHF I guess ) and he does act like the eldest brother.

Justin L likes this.
  6. ashers888

ashers888 Regular Member

Why except Fu Haifeng?? Do they have a problem with each other?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

No I mean his kicking the racket thing.He hit another racket and this racket flied high away
    No simply because FHF is about 2-month older than him...FHF may call him Lin Dan or A Dan.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

Fu Haifeng and Lin Dan are close friends i think.

9. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Bananas are rich in Potassium that could help with leg cramps.

10. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Seems like now LD is the only person in the team with whom FHF can really have some talk. Cai Yun now spends more time with his family and I think he hasn't trained with the national team for quite a while.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You are right. They have been teammates for some time now, although CL is considered his junior, so some concern is not out of place. Remember they are a team in the forthcoming Thomas Cup.

But LD also has his fiery side and past incidents have been recorded of his conduct, including the following:

"Uploaded on Dec 18, 2010

An ugly scene erupted on Tuesday during media day at the training camp of China's badminton team in Fujian province that saw world No 1 Lin Dan punch his coach, former Sydney Olympic champion Ji Xinpeng, a report from Daily Sunshine said.

The report said several media members from Beijing and the province witnessed the fight after an in-team competition between Lin Dan/Chen Yu and Bao Chunlai/Chen Jin.

Lin's side lost the match and Lin started complaining to Ji.

Ji did not respond to Lin's boiling temper, but the player continued shouting. Ji said in response: "Who the hell are you shouting at?"

The two then exchanged some heated words until suddenly Lin took a swing at the coach, but was immediately stopped when he tried a second attack.

Ji did not fight back after being hit."

No team members or coaches were available for comment after the fight.

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Why do you love bringing tese incidents up? it's been over 7 years ;)

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  13. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

Yes and that's why LD always keeps a banana or two with him when playing :p
    Xue Song later told the media that LD also gave him some sort of sports drink. I think this drink must come from LD's personal fitness coach.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It is not that I love to, but since his good side has been presented, we should not forget about his other side to paint a more rounded picture.

Otherwise, it is all one-sided. o_O

nokh88 and Rob3rt like this.
  15. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    lol this was just hoax, he was after Li Mao (LHI's coach) after he kept trash talking at him and Korean official was trying to stop him from hitting Li Mao . That line call at the Korea Open was horrible. LD was cheated bad by the line judges. You know when you play in Korea you're not playing the plyer alone but also the line judges :p

#7215 badlove, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    volcom and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  16. Nine Tailed Fox

LOL...."'Some concern is not out of place"........Like they both train together on the daily basis and Chen Long is his younger brother totally dependent on Lin Dan....In reality, Chen Long has been very nasty about Lin Dan once saying that LD and Co should worry about facing him in the olympics .

They both have ego issues with each other and i haven't seen LD so fired up like he was at the Asian Games. LD could have just shown the body language of 'I won,Go to hell now' but instead he first asked if his finger was alright....I doubt any of Chen Long's opponent would have done that.......LD exposed his naysayers who always try to put forward his Dracula image or bring the fight with one guy who deserved to get his rear end kicked after trying to rub salt on the wound when 1000 wrong line calls were not enough for him.

volcom likes this.
  17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    LD=Lin Dan; ZB=Zhong Bo, LD's coach; LM=Li Mao, Lee Hyun-il's coach.

ZB: (0:00) The umpire was far away from the shuttle then so he didn't make any judgement at first, and LD went to argue with the umpire. At this moment LM stood up from the bench, stepped forward, shouted at LD with his finger pointing to LD. It was like he lost his mind. Probably LD felt seriously offended by this.

LD: (0:33) In fact he was not literally insulting me, but the emotion he expressed was that he was gonna fight against Team China, and there were dirty words in between indeed, which might be a result of the emotion. He said "Oh man we've already been accommodating ourselves to you... what else do you want?". I'm now telling these words in a very, very normal and gentle way, but of course he wasn't like this. That is why I got so mad.

ZB: (1:01) Firstly I have to say his (LM's) jumping off the bench and insulting the player is obviously forbidden by the rules. There are rules saying that the couches may not stand up or shout in this case. Then I feel that he was too impetuous and failed to control himself. I've got no idea why he acted that way.

LD: (1:29) Lee Hyun-il and another Korean couch were also at present. They were both very calm though. I was like, "you are couching badminton in South Korea, but you are still somehow representing China". Under that circumstance his behaviour really made me extremely unhappy.

ZB: (1:44) Of course I can understand LD's feeling. Anyone in such an unexpected case would probably get out of temper. But we will still carefully reflect upon this accident.

Pirayeba67 and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  18. Zezevii

Zezevii Regular Member

The truth is LD's team won the in-team competition but Zhong Bo(another coach) made a mistake and told Ji Xinpeng that LD's team lost. JXP announced. LD shouted 'No Way'. JXP wasn't aware of Zhong Bo's mistake so he thought LD might be angry towards him. As LD's senior he felt offended.So they started to shouted at each other but ended very soon.
    JXP told Li Yongbo later that when he talked with his family,he said that he had a quarrel with LD and some young players might even intend to punch him and LYB said perhaps that was why there were scoops saying LD puched JXP.
    It's true that at that moment LD was very disrespectful towards his senior JXP but he DID NOT punch his own coach.

And someone from the national team DID comment on the so-called fight. It was Master Tang Xianhu. He said there was no fight.
    Period.

19. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Not going to beat a dead horse, but if you look at the video again the shuttle was WAY out but what can you expect from playing Korea Open with Korean line judges? They're notorious as call cheaters:D

volcom likes this.
  20. Nine Tailed Fox

So,next time whenever Lin Dan wins a tournament, bring the results of all the tournament in which he lost. And tell everyone

'Otherwise it is all one sided'.......so everyone could get a more rounded picture of him as a player.

volcom likes this.