Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It's all about personal preference. I would personally prefer the smallest grip size, because like they say, it's easier to flick the racquet with just your fingers.
    That being said I always put an overgrip on my racquets because I don't like to deal with replacing the factory grips. It won't be too big and unwieldy if you put an overgrip on it, and putting towel grip on the bare wood would be about the same size. The most important thing is to make sure that you're comfortable when you play.

2. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    My Li Ning bag, N90 2s

Attached Files:

#2302 algonquinsmash, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  3. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I am looking for a replace of Li Ning N77 first gen (since its hard to get nowadays) for my Bro.
    He did not liked the N77 II.
    So LN N77 players which racket is a good replacement for the N77? Does not necessarily have to be a LN racket. (please only answer when you actually played with the N77)

4. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    If u r in SG getting N77 is a piece of cake

5. bestindigital

bestindigital Regular Member

Data Engineer
    I bought my friend's well-used but very well maintained n77ii a few days ago as a backup to my Yonex ArcSaber 11. I liked the n77 ii for smashes and drops. It felt more solid than the AS11. However, it was slowing down my smash returns and net rallies much more than the AS11, so it's not as good an all-rounder as the AS11. I'm waiting to get it re-strung as the string broke 2 days ago. If there's anything in particular you'd like me to test against the AS11, I'll be happy to.

6. SmashAddict

SmashAddict New Member

Hello! does this code in the shaft represent the grip size? I bought this from a trusted store nationwide that always has branches in different malls.

Attached Files:

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

S2 = Yonex G5

8. jamestjh

jamestjh Regular Member

I've been on a badminton hiatus for the better part of 5 years, if not more..and have been using my trusty Carlton Aerogear 18 (yes, it's an antique, i know) for over 10 years of playing badminton. The last time i restrung it, the service guy over-tensioned and the head's slightly out of shape, so I reckoned it's time I got a new one and keep my old friend as a spare.

Just caved in to price pressure (it was on offer, damnit!) and bought a Li-Ning Flame Aeroflo 1992, Barcelona. Will be breaking it in this Sunday, despite finding it hard to find a review of it anywhere online. Strung it at 24 lbs.

Question: It says on the racquet H: 22-26 and W: 20-24, what do these mean? I couldn't decide what the guy at Royal Sporting House was asking me to do so i told him to string it at 24, being an even compromise between the H and W rating.

Also, anybody knows where I can find towel grips in KL? I keep seeing those soft rubber ones but I'm more used to towel grips.

Will review the racquet after I play this Sunday, though I guess I need to work off my rust first to do it any justice.

Cheers!

9. debeerjp

debeerjp Regular Member

Quality Manager
    The H: 22-26 is for horizontal strings and the V: 20-24 is for vertical.
    It is common practice to string the cross strings a bit higher than the mains.
    24lb is a safe tension and will also not put too much pressure on the racket head.

10. jamestjh

jamestjh Regular Member

Cheers!

Forgot to also mention I stung the babolat hyperbraid 0.67

11. jamestjh

jamestjh Regular Member

Alright, so Li Ning Flame Aeroflo 1992...

Even in my rusty hands, and excellent defensive racquet. I am able to get better returns than with my friend's racquet. However, due to my weak shoulder muscles i still have difficulty sending the shuttle to the back court and I tend to get smash returns a lot.

Net play is excellent with this one. Gotta work on getting my fitness level back. Loaned it to an attacking player and he loved using it for smashes and drops, something I am still unable to do without resorting to borrowing my friend's head-heavy babolat.

12. jamestjh

jamestjh Regular Member

Sadly, got involved in a racquet collision with a partner who couldn't seem to mind his own area...one clash was all it took to crack my somewhat brand new li ning flame aeroflo 1992.

It's been a very serviceable racquet, and it's dragged me through my rust to having good control at net and drops. Still not much power on smashes though it might be my own weak muscles there.

Goodbye, new old friend :(

13. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Have you tried out the N50III yet? Is it as flexible as the BS12? I just did a search on Li-Ning's website and it seems like there are two colours? Is the purple & gold the same as the light gold and white? How does the N50III compare to the BS12?

14. EnuaPhilip

EnuaPhilip New Member

Stoodent
    Hello,
    I have a Li Ning UC2000B racquet that I'm looking to sell.
    If you are interested send me a message!
    :)

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Li-Ning seems to have stopped producing new N-rackets since 2013... Any information on new upcoming rackets?

16. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Not that surprising as I recently found out that Li-Ning is having a financial crisis at the moment. https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/net-income-attributable-to-equity-holders-net-income-attributable-to-equity-holders_chartbuilder.png?w=640 Just shows what's been happening. At this point I don't think they can keep wasting money on creating new rackets and have to sell what they still have left on the market.

17. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I'm using an N50 III at the moment.

Purple and Gold are the same. Just different paint jobs.

I've not used a BS12, but to me, the flex is a little less than my Arcsaber 9. It's quite whippy and easy to use.

18. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Does the N50-III have the same shaft flexibility as the N9?

19. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

NR900 and N50-III

Hi, any comparison between N90-III S-type and N50-III?

I'm using yonex NR900 but thinking a more flex and head heavy racket may help my offense at the back court, as i often have problems putting pressure on my opponents. plus i'm around 1.55m and can't jump much due to my weak knee and heavy weight.

And yes, the cost of this racket means i have to think twice before committing. Or is there any other recommendations?

i mostly play doubles and has no preference between front and back court as i don't play with a regular partner.

#2319 lodoss, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  20. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Hi guys, has anyone played with the new Li Ning Razor RZ95 before? It is priced more expensive than the rest of N series racket bar N90III. Appreciate if some kind souls can share any review on this racket. Thanks.