Li Ning N90IV/900 and N9II FHF Ed.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

They are all good rackets. You can use them all in singles and doubles without any trouble, except the N90 maybe, which is very slow.

2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I can provide some insight, but likely not a straight answer. I have never used a DZS though, but I do own a 4U ZF2 and N99 along with having used an N90iii several times. IMO, the N99 is was kind of difficult to use and I'm extremely inconsistent with it. Likely it's my fault but I found that the 4U ZF2 was easier to use and generate power and I found the same with the N90iii.

So that being said, I would say the N90iii is what I would go for, but that's likely because I've had a pretty bad time with my N99.

3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    This or the N9ii. Brain says N9ii but I think the clever marketing ploys like most advanced racket and whatnot are making me think twice. N9ii or N90iv why is this so hard.

@Rob3rt You never published a full on review for N90iv right?

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

No, I didn't. They are similar in that they are both (very) stiff for Li-Ning. N9II is quicker and has better feel, imo.

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    That’s literally the only thing I’m really after. Inferno is the perfect racket if not for the feel of it and I’m wondering if a Li Ning would solve that issue. That settles it than. N9ii it is.

6. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

I vote for n7ii just because I own all 3 versions haha

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

The Inferno is completely different from the N9II, though. It's far quicker and much less weight in the head, which makes the feeling so-so.

8. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    You mean the 4u version right? Because EX is a bit different then.

9. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Could you kindly explain what you mean about what the 'feel' issue with EX is?
    I too, reckon there's just this something missing with the Inferno but I can't pinpoint what it is exactly.
    Is it a hollow feeling? Hitting sound?

It's better with the n9ii but still not quite there...
    The 'feel' difference is clear as day when switching to my ARC11. Sonic Metal? Have I been brainwashed by Yonex tech jargon? idk...
    Maybe I'm just too used to the traditional Yonex box frame? Maybe its the shorter handle/longer shaft of the n9ii/inferno?

Surely it isn't something major that affects performance as it perfectly executes every shot the way I intend it to...

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

No, the Inferno EX is 3U.

11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It’s really just irksome tbh. I am playing the best badminton I have overall since getting this so it’s definitely not affecting performance. Just mentally I’m getting a bit annoyed and wondering if switching to a better feeling but similarly quick frame would solve this.

Oh I know. So you have used the EX then? For some reason I thought you had only used the inferno black.

12. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I have used it, just didn‘t post it on here. :p

But I know exactly what you mean with the Inferno EX. Correct me if I‘m wrong, but I think I‘m experiencing the same with the Z-Speed. It‘s super fast, I‘m getting seriously threatening smashes with it, able to produce them myself and also do my deceptive shots that are a big part of my game, but I don‘t get the kind of feedback I do from other rackets. So I might think something is missing, but when I look at the scores I think I‘m playing better shots with it.

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Exactly. My game has suddenly upped a level in every way possible but I feel like there’s no emotion whatsoever in the games.

This was never the case with anything else with my setup. Very weird indeed.

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It‘s probably due to the lack of feel and feedback. You don‘t get that satisfaction when you hit super clean shots like you do with other rackets. I‘m exaggerating a little of course, but a super clean crisp smash with the Z-Speed doesn‘t feel that different from a normal smash or a bad one, so you less options of judging your own shot quality.

Okaharu, swsh and Junye like this.
  15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It is. It's making badminton slightly less fun than usual tho so I don't mind some sacrifices.

N9ii Ahsan edition is 178$ while N90iv is 223$

Decisions decisions.

Rob3rt likes this.
  16. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

Planning to get it from sports uncle ?
    I have been trying to search the green camo color of the N9-2 but haven't been lucky yet.

17. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yeah I'm super impatient like that sadly.

MBS has that color in stock.

18. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

They have good price though. You actually end up paying almost equal or little more with shipping charges. Keep us updated with your decision . I haven't played with N90- 4 but N9-2 is joy to play with . Specially near near net in defense, it does everything by itself ... :) and the feeling is very good of it . You just have to get adjusted with small flex it has

swsh likes this.
  19. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I most certainly will. N9ii is the safe bet abs turbocharging tech does look more appealing to me personally than 3d break free but we'll see I guess.

20. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I find that very aerodynamic frames like the 3d break free frames have far worse feeling than box frames in general. It’s why I prefer airstream to break free.