Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. lee-lee

lee-lee Regular Member

Doctor
    Exactly. I really don't understand LYD fans (I mean, I am one of them as well) demanding a change in xd partner (and sometimes md partner) when there's no replacement who's just as competitive like LHJ, especially as of now. She's still one of the best. Yes, they have lost to ZB/MJ team consistently but I don't think it's just HER fault. ZB/MJ team is an amazingly great team and they have already climbed to world ranking #3 despite the fact that they just formed their partnership very recently.

Admittedly, it still literally aches my heart that LYD/LHJ lost to that team for 5 straight games. I mean, I even had a dream that LYD/LHJ won against them in World Championship recently, which hopefully turns out to be real next month. But I don't think blaming just one partner for the whole game is the answer to winning. It was a team effort and it just wasn't their time to win.

I totally agree that LYD/LHJ have to work very hard and do something different to keep their #1 world ranking & win against ZB/MJ. But in my opinion, it's disrespectful to both LYD and LYD's partners to act like that: asking for partner change all the time whenever they lose, blaming only the partner. (not just LHJ but also JJS as well) Doubles is essentially a team work and they have to work well together to win. I would think that it's already hard for them, being partnered & compared against the genius and cutie-pie that LYD is..:p (seriously, extremely, indescribably talented & cute that I scream whenever I watch his games, haha)

Let's support the partners just as well..that's all I'm asking.. Let's not rip their heads off for every loss.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

His success..

..i mean in the upcoming World Championships, in both of his events, will depend partly on the draw.

In the XD, IMO, LYD & LHJ's biggest obstacle is the pairing of MJ & ZB. If they can somehow avoid the CHN pair til at least the Final Rd, if both should advance that far, then it's 50-50.

In the MD, IMO, LYD & JJS' biggest obstacles are the pairings of CY & FHF, KKK & TBH and either of the Danish pairs. That event will be highly competitive.

On that note, this might sound like a bit too much of an expectation, but IMO, anything short of a Final Rd appearance in both events, from LYD, would be considered a failure.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What IF LHJ retired from international badminton 1 day? i mean look at the age of LYD and LHJ.. who you think/the most suitable women to partner with LYD?;)

4. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I support your point but there is one thing we need to think about.

In doubles, partnership is of number 1 importance and the two players are in the same boat; they are assessed collectively. Nevertheless, as we look into the real contents or quality of the games play by play, we can analyze and recognize who is doing well and who has what problems.

Yeah, we can just cheer up for the players from the perspective of recereational badminton fans but we need to get some critical point of views for the pairs as we are talking about "to be the #1 in the world" not #2 or something. (Although the pair's current BWF ranking is #1, the ranking system embeds some misleading aspect. We need to focus on the quality of their recent plays.)

IMO, against ZB/MJ, the Korean pair will soon find a good solution. But my concern is whether or not LHJ can run until 2012 LD Olympics and achieve another "Gold" medal in XD. If the age and well-exposed weaknesses will be obstacles, I think LYD should find a new partner at least this year. :)

5. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Before pairing with LHJ, LYD had achieved a lot of championships in XD with many different women including with HYM in Thai Open, with YHY in WC Junior, etc.

There are many strong woman players in Korea following their seniors Kil Young-Ah who got the Gold with KDM in Atlanta, RKM, and LHJ.

:)

#2345 narnia, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  6. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Unemployment ... *Hopely ended soon*
    How about Ha Jung Eun??
    His former partner??

they ever reach the Junior title i think

7. ceanne

ceanne Regular Member

student
    Since the pair of Zheng/Ma is the nemesis of LYD/LHJ pairing..it is certainly a bad news, as i've seen the draw, that if they would be able to get through their opponents til Round 3, the pairings will meet on quarterfinals...we should all hope and pray that this time, it's the pairing of LYD/LHJ that will outplay the Zheng/Ma tandem...

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Actually..^^

..looking at this yr's WC's XD Draw, barring any upsets, both LYD & LHJ and MJ & ZB will meet @ the Semifinals Rd, not the Quarterfinals Rd.

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I wouldn't say ZB/MJ is the nemesis but LYD/LHJ has not been successful with ZB/MJ so far. MJ has grown to be very dominant at the net and ZB is a lot more comfortable with MJ. Yet, ZB/MJ has mainly done well in the recent Super Series and remains to be seen if they can do well in bigger stages (like WC). LYD/LHJ on the other hand is experienced in these stages having OG2008 gold under their belt.

My concern is for LYD to continue to dominate the XD scene. LYD's game has a lot of speed and excellent placement. He can remain the play maker but his partner needs to be able to maintain the pressure he creates. LHJ, while still the top Korean doubles lady, is on the slide so better find him a replacement soon.

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    When I look at the partnership of LYD/LHJ, I see that LHJ performance is not consistent. Her defence is suspect especially when the opponent smash cross court to her and she had issues because she normally would have committed to a certain defensive stance.

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    LYD will go sleeveless for the 2009 WC...

李龙大世锦赛战
    T-9203Q
    [FONT=宋体]拼接类无袖[/FONT]T[FONT=宋体]恤[/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]颜色:[/FONT][FONT=宋体][FONT=宋体]玫红/[FONT=宋体]湖蓝[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]面料:[/FONT]100%[FONT=宋体]涤纶[/FONT]
    SUPER-DRY [FONT=宋体]吸湿排汗[/FONT][FONT=宋体]抗静电[/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体][FONT=宋体][​IMG][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=宋体]采用了[/FONT]SUPER-DRY[FONT=宋体]、吸湿排汗的特殊面料,即使您在赛场上大汗淋漓,也会感觉清爽舒适。另外面料抗静电技术的运用,也使您摆脱了干燥时衣服粘灰的狼狈。靓丽轻快的色彩加入以及人性化的裁剪方式使场上的您更加光芒四射。无袖的设计,也让球员挥拍更为灵活、顺畅。[/FONT]
    [FONT=宋体]作为本次特别奖的T-9203Q为李龙大世锦赛战袍,更具收藏、纪念价值。[/FONT]

T-9203Q

[​IMG]
    T-9203M
    [​IMG]

Source: Victor

12. thein90

thein90 Regular Member

student
    [FONT=宋体]无袖??haha so sexy[/FONT]

13. daunt

daunt Regular Member

student
    wow tis looks more like a girl's attire??? but is pretty attractive for lyd 2

14. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

pink???
    the first Shirt is pink right??
    Yong Dae will use pink??

Hmm ..
    ^_^ haha

Sealman thanks for share ...
    any direct link to victor???

hmm i hope next time is yellow one ^_^ haha

15. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

7월 26일 서울 충무아트홀에서 이용대와 즐거운 시간 가져
    Title - Lee Yong Dae Hold a fan meeting with his fan cafe members.

[​IMG] 2008 베이징올림픽 혼합복식 금메달리스트 이용대(삼성전기) 선수의 공식 카페 '스타☆용대(http://cafe.daum.net/StarYongDae)' 팬클럽 회원들이 한자리에 모였다.

7월 26일 서울 충무아트홀에서 열린 '스타☆용대'배 배드민턴대회에는 팬클럽 회원으로 활동하고 있는 회원들이 한자리에 모여 이용대 선수와 즐거운 시간을 가졌다.

[​IMG] 이번 행사에서는 이용대 선수가 회원들을 위한 원포인트 레슨을 가졌으며 팬클럽 회원들의 배드민턴 대회와 셔틀콕 서브 게임을 통해 입상한 회원에게는 이용대 선수가 직접 준비한 의류와 라켓을 선물로 증정했다.
    [​IMG] 세계선수권대회를 앞두고 바쁜 훈련 시간을 잠깐 쪼개 팬클럽 행사에 참가한 이용대 선수는 팬클럽 회원들과의 만남을 통해 소중한 시간을 만들었다.
    [​IMG] 특히 이용대 선수는 회원들 전원에게 직접 준비한 선물을 전달하였으며 또한 대회 결승전에서는 심판으로 참여해 팬들과 함께하는 훈훈한 모습을 보여줬다.
    [​IMG] 이용대는 인도에서 열리는 2009세계선수권대회에 남자복식과 혼합복식 종목에 참가하며 8월초 대회 참가를 위해 출국할 에정이다.

LYD had good time with his official fan fan cafe - staryongdae- 's members.
    He coached them how to badminton.
    He gave Tshirts & rackets to game winners.
    (The game is staryongdae cup badminton game.**)
    Although he is busy preparing India world championship, He took part in it.
    Spacially he gave presents (he prepared for his fans directly) to all fans.
    He is going to leave for 2009 World championship.

English Summary by Christina on Lee Yong Dae Indonesian Fansite
    Credit: StarYongDae

Source: Badminton Times

16. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Hmmm, I just bought the Sudirman cup apparels and they release this ! Anyway, it will only be available end Aug.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Simply..

..it just doesn't get any sexier and cuter for Yong Dae and thousands of his die-hard supporters..;)

18. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Might as well go the full distance..^^

..pink socks to go along as well??..
    ..pink shorts to complement his pink top??..

..heck, he probably should dye or bleach his hair pink or fuschia color...:cool:

20. gothic.quincy

gothic.quincy Regular Member

Student
    good luck Yong-dae...
    i really wanna see you in that pink shirt..
    must be very cute...
    hehe
    ^_____________^
    fighting!!