Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I have thought of Yoo Hyun Young as LYD's post-partner in XD. Wondering why she's not in the senior stage yet. :)

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

he produce some kind of Great determination in his every match..that's a good thing to see every time i watch his match.

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector

Attached Files:

#2323 Sealman, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  4. event

event Regular Member

She had surgery last year (which could have been her last year as a junior). That's mentioned here and here. It appears to have happened right before the 2008 Korea Open, where she was entered but didn't play. She has been playing since the Autumn Championships last September, however, was never dropped from the national team, and played in the BAC in Suwon this past April.

5. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks. Do you any information on that LYD will keep the partnership with LHJ up to the London Olympics as they said before?

I think they will not, because (1) her age will turn to 30+ soon and (2) all her strengths and weaknesses have been quite exposed to the opponents; generally Korea wouldn't take the known risk as they always aim for Gold Medal. Then, maybe they will think to make some changes in the partnership after WC 2009. If they want to delay to 2010 AG, it can be too late.

:)

6. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Unemployment ... *Hopely ended soon*
    Sealman: thx for the info ^_^
    is it Public Sell Goodies??

hehe want the yellow one ^_^ how much it cost??
    sorry but i dont understand ur link

Narnia: i always agree with u about that ^_^ ... hahaha ... Need New partner :) ...
    I'm so tired watching her game these days ...
    ^_^

Peace ....

7. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

oiya i love this avatar from his blog

[​IMG]

^_^
    Cute :)

8. yanzhi0714

yanzhi0714 Regular Member

Student
    grrr....HyoJung nuna is good T.T dont leave the badminton world....watching Lee Yong Dae together with Lee Hyo Jung is just kinda fun....watch them play = very relaxing hahaha...

9. vanxiaoyi

vanxiaoyi Regular Member

Student
    but it's true that LHJ is getting older, LYD should change partner
    no offense! lol

10. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, I know she's a great player - tall with good smashes.

I think now it's time she should find her "life" partner. :)

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

is that lee yong dae??:D

12. Sabby

Sabby Regular Member

student
    yo i'm back...haha....juz for a day...lolz....wow i wan that shirt weh..how much how much? where to get where to get?

13. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

narnia: is there any official news about this XD changing partner?? tell us when its happen ok ... but not this year maybe ... hmm ....

george: hmm i got that avatar from his blog ... maybe that's him .. with the badminton, Sarang Hae & Wink ... i think that's him .. hehe

sabby: i also want that yellow one .. but i dont know how to have it .. dont understand about the source SIte ... :-(

Oh ya .. do u guys have a Twitter or Facebook Account??
    Come on Join & Follow us ... Just click the button

[​IMG] [​IMG]

^_^

14. qualoh

qualoh New Member

A short interview with Yong Dae

I translated some lines of his interview for YD's fans all over the world. :)

[FONT=&#44404]Q. You have already won an Olympic gold medal. Doesn't it put you under any kind of pressure or burden in terms of preparing for upcoming international matches?[/FONT]

[FONT=&#44404]A. Sure. I do feel a little burden after taking the gold medal in the Olympics. But I'm sure that I can achieve good results as long as I continue to enjoy the play itself. [/FONT]

[FONT=&#44404]Q. Are there any changes on you after winning the gold medal in the Olympics?[/FONT]

[FONT=&#44404]A. Yes. More people seem to recognize me on the street. (laughs.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&#44404]Q. (to his teammate, Han Sang Hoon) What kind of person is Yongdae? Could you tell us?[/FONT]

[FONT=&#44404]A. Yongdae is hard-working and polite to the senior teammates. He bears an extrovert and outgoing characteristic as well. However, he tends to become a little shy or introvert to the people whom he meets for the first time. But once you get to know him, you will find out that he is a truly warm-hearted person. He is also an eloquent talker and is amiable to the people around him. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&#44404]If I ever have to point out his shortcoming, (chuckles....) it should be the fact that he does some grotesque and unexpected things once you are too close to him... (laughs...) I'm just kidding and as I said earlier Yong dae is truly a wonderful person. [/FONT]

15. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

qualoh: thx for the Translation ^_^ .... waaa... he is a warm-hearted person ^_^

16. Isegrim

Isegrim Regular Member

wow i expected a total different voice..never thought lee yong dae would have a deep voice like this^^

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  18. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Thz SealMan: hmm my friend are asking me how to buy that shirt??? hmm sory we dont understand Korean .. could u help us??

hehe thx b4 ^_^

19. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

No offense but I think LJH is a very serious weak link in the XD partnership. Her net coverage is unstable (brilliant in one rally and mistake ridden the next) and gets into a lot of trouble against more eager net hunters (e.g. MaJin).

She has a height advantage with her smash but lacks any power or accuracy. Recall one of those rallies where ZB was taking his time returning LJH's smash relay back to her. Completely out of the league gainst the tomboys like YuYang, not to mention DuJing. The only top XD lady she has a more powerful smash than is Liliyana. LN's smashes are better aimed with the ability to keep the attack and LN is fantastic at the net and superb defense -- so good I notice opponent will rather take their chance against Nova.

In a good day, LJH can keep her mistakes low and is an asset to LYD/LJH. In the longer run, I think LYD deserves a better XD partner who can keep up with him :p.

#2339 weeyeh, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  20. californiaroll

californiaroll New Member

I heard that he's doing an ad for samsung, does anybody have his video for the ad? hello, by the way i'm new here ^^,v