Lee Chong Wei

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by s2heng, Jun 29, 2006.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Of all you mentioned, only Nicol David can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with LCW. (How can you even mention Alex Yoong? *shudder*) The fact is Malaysia do not have a lot of successful athletes. LCW is considered somewhere near the pinnacle in the hierarchy of Malaysian athletes.

2. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I did that to boost up the number :p

Yeah, Only Nicol and Lee Chong Wei succeed in terms of achievement
    I think I will never live until the day when Malaysia is qualified for World CUp

#42 hara^kazuko, Jul 4, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am surprised you did not think Alex Yoong is a successful athlete. He won an A1 Grand Prix --- how many people can claim that. And how many people in the world can say they have raced against the best in the F1, let alone raced in it. Surely, what else does it take to be successful ?;)

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    How many people can say they play for Malaysia in badminton? Well, not many can. But can you seriously say Kuan Beng Hong is a successful athlete? Of course success is a relative term. But we are talking about the level of success of LCW. Very few Malaysians can stand together with him, and Alex Yoong is definitely not one of them (although I do respect him as well.)

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya,indeed.If one day miracle come out,Malaysia can enter the world cup final,i am surely very very happy.(only in my dream:crying: :crying: )If Malaysia really enter,even though lose in the first round also never mind,its already very proud.(Seem like i become the football fans....I like footballt too but badminton is my favourite lar....:) :) Ha..

6. munyoke

munyoke Regular Member

I like the article as well, and i am very proud of LCW. by the way malaysia badminton player other than LCW actually WCH oso very polite 1, he is very nice at well..

7. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    See? Malaysia has quite a few. You made it sound that bad in your previous post. :p

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    World Cup? Hey, let's be a bit more realistic. World Cup is taboo until somebody can consistently beat Saudi Arabia, Iran, Japan and South Korea. If not, getting into the World Cup in the famous Saudi Arabia way is worst than not going. Its an utmost insult to get into the world cup and let everybody bash you like you are school boys. Nobody does this best except Saudi Arabia.

9. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

The above statement actually tells you that she thinks Malaysia will never qualify for the WC in next few 10 years. And she is being realistic...

Kent

10. hollywood_t

hollywood_t Regular Member

Hey folks,

What about Rasheed Sidek? Didn't he bring the THomas Cup back to Malaysia after almost 20yrs !! That must count for something. LCW has only achieved a #1 ranking which is a fleeting thing.... no tangile results like Olympics, Worlds, TC, Sudirman Cup or AE yet.

Derek

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Agree with you re LCW not winning anything to brag about compared to the other greats. However, he does have the potential in the future to do that - so when we compare him to the greats we are actually considering LCW's future potential.

Like everybody else, if you try continuously you would be become more experienced and winning would come, even it means sharing the winnings with others. These days it gets harder to win all the time because there are so many good players.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i admire his dedication.
    -------------------------------------
    Badminton: Chong Wei to fight on despite injury
    20 Dec 2006
    K.M. Boopathy

LEE Chong Wei, despite carrying a hairline fracture on his ankle, has decided to compete in the Kuala Lumpur Open badminton championships beginning at the KLBA Stadium today.

This is because it’s the only way he can get a shot at a fifth consecutive national title next year.

Chong Wei, who suffered the injury during a road accident in November, played through the injury at the Doha Asian Games and still managed to return with a bronze in the men’s team and men’s singles.

The injury was initially thought to be serious and there were fears that Chong Wei may have to undergo surgery, but it is not the case anymore.

Chong Wei needs to reach, at least, the final of the KL Open to qualify for the National Grand Prix Finals after having missed the first leg — the Malacca Open in July — due to international duties.

Chong Wei became the only third player to win four consecutive men’s singles crowns after Misbun Sidek and Foo Kok Keong when he achieved the feat in Kota Kinabalu last year and he can go one better by qualifying for the GP finals in Kuala Terengganu on Feb 8-11.

"Although there is pain, I cannot afford to miss the event. I cannot bear the thought of not defending my national crown," said Chong Wei.

"It may only be the local crown but will be a satisfying achievement for me if I can defend the title again.

Chong Wei has remained undefeated in local tournaments since winning his first national title in 2003

Attached Files:

• bad.jpg
      bad.jpg
      File size:
      54.3 KB
      Views: