Lee Chong Wei

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by s2heng, Jun 29, 2006.

1. s2heng

s2heng Regular Member

本次 2006 Yonex 台北公開賽, 中國隊的林丹獲得男單賽冠軍, 但最大贏家卻是 - 許多人都深表贊同的 - 獲得亞軍的馬來西亞第一男單選手李宗偉.

絕大多數的台灣球迷對李宗偉非常陌生, 但透過這次大賽, 李宗偉的高超球技, 比林丹更多變的球路, 讓大家大開眼界外, 她的親切有禮, 更完全擄獲了全場所有的觀眾, 無庸置疑.

縱使在決賽中輸球, 李宗偉仍在離場前, 向每一面的觀眾各行了大大的鞠躬禮, 結果他獲得的掌聲竟比林丹更熱烈. 這讓許多當日現場的觀眾印象深刻.

Source: http://www.badmintonrepublic.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4404

李宗偉怎么看待他和球迷之間的關係?許多人似乎都忽略了這一點,李宗偉其實很想和支持他的球迷,有個心與心的交流。

藉著《中國報》這次為他做專訪,他真情流露─我一直覺得自己愧對球迷,因為我自認還沒有打出大家期望更好的成績。

“支持我們的球迷,多數是對羽球有興趣的。作為球員,我們都希望球迷的支持與鼓勵。這是我們努力向上的最大動力。”

“在馬來西亞,球迷一直都很支持我們。我很感激他們給予的鼓勵,只是,我總是覺得有愧于他們。因為,我自認還沒打出大家期望更好的成績。尤其是最近的表現,印尼公開賽的成績不太理想。”
    “希望我能夠為球迷帶來驚喜,就好像明年的湯姆斯盃;我們每個球員,都很想贏取這座大獎,回饋球迷。”

Source: http://www.chinapress.com.my/topic/hero/contents.asp?dt=zongwei&art=zongwei09.txt

李矛的到來,的確為國家隊帶來一些新氣息。李宗偉甚至在世錦賽期間,希望能夠以冠軍做為李矛的生日禮物。

雖然,最終李宗偉僅能獲得銅牌。老李也為小李的心意,感到安慰吧。

宗偉說:“李矛教練會常常和我們聊天,他的風格,比較柔性。訓練時,只要我們累了,就可以休息。他也給我們更多技術上的教法,有助提升我的實力。”

“反而是我的心態暴躁,很急;有時候很矛盾,更曾經和教練談過,想回到米士本身邊。”
    “因為,剛開始我並不適應李教練的訓練方式。之前長時間由米士本執教,都是壓迫性地,非常嚴苛。”

“正因為李矛教練的體諒,有些不懂得自律的球員,或可以趁機偷閒。當然,希望沒有人是這么做的。”

李教練,或許有他教球的哲理。據宗偉說,他總會問球員─你要的是什么?頂得住嗎?頂得住就繼續。頂不住就換下來。

“現在漸漸適應了,但我還是在學習著。李教練常常會為球路和打法,和我相互研究與配合。”
    李宗偉受訪當天,李矛頻頻叫我留意小李的訓練、看看他換了多少件衣…甚至說了一句:“看著他們這么拚,你還忍心再責問他們─幾時要拿世界冠軍?一定要拿冠軍等殘酷的話嗎?” 老李跟小李,作為羽球迷,我並不敢苛求。我只是希望,你們的努力,能夠換來正比的成果。

Source: http://www.chinapress.com.my/topic/hero/contents.asp?dt=zongwei&art=zongwei07.txt

李宗偉在鄉區土生土長,與其他小孩子童年生活沒有什么特別,自小就懂得尊敬長輩和孝順父母,深受鄰居們的愛戴,鄰居們常常讚揚他是好孩子。

雖然目前常在吉隆坡或到國外參賽,鮮少回來大山腳武拉必家鄉,鄰居們有時也會問起宗偉幾時會回來?

李亞財說,若有假期,李宗偉一定會回來探望家人及鄰居和同學,雖然在家裡逗留時間不多,但宗偉不忘同鄉們的恩情,一一的向長輩們問候。

一旦有機會返回家鄉,李宗偉一定會先吩附母親煮他最喜愛的SAMBAI UDANG 和冬瓜湯。
    許金水(51歲)受訪時指出,李宗偉是很隨和的孩子,任何菜色都適合,只要吃飽就可以了。
    提到宗偉對家人的思念,李太太說,李宗偉雖然忙著訓練,但不論是在國內國外,都會打電話回家,向家人報平安或成績;風雨不改。
    雙親為了不要讓宗偉有太大壓力,每次出賽時,總勸他繼續保持良好狀況,盡量發揮最好表現,不要因為受到某方面的壓力而失去信心,球場上總有輸有贏,只要繼續努力,成功的願望是會實現的。

Source: http://www.chinapress.com.my/topic/hero/contents.asp?dt=zongwei&art=zongwei06.txt

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Great article, LCW wins people's heart. Today he is the greatest single player and ......he will continue be for the next 5-6 years ahead.

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    There are absolutely nothing to justify him in any possible way as the greatest singles player at this point in time. A nice person does not equate to a GREAT player because doing so is an insult to the past generations of truely great players that has won many important titles multiple times. I do not say he will never be, just not at this point in time.

There should be attempts to constrain irrational glorification due to various irrelevant factors such as nationalism, romantic interest or narrow mindedness. :cool:

4. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Because LCW shows respects on the court, he earns respects from others as well, especially badminton lovers. What does LD have to offer other than bringing home either trophy or bad behaviors....worst case, he influences innocent fans !

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Very true.

Unfortunately, all these are facts of life. Anyway, these are all subjective. Nationalistic? Well, I consider myself quite nationalistic, but maybe not as much as others. Narrow-mindedness? I won't say I am as widely-minded as I wish I am.

Finally, you can't beat them, but you don't have to join them as well.

6. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Agree with EastDevil that was said, and I think many members already agreed, that LCW is a well-respected player. No doubt he is one of the best MS player today. But to say "Today he is the greatest single player..." is a little farfetch and prematured. Perhaps he will someday but we have to wait and see.

Translated articles from S2heng for non-Chinese reading BC members:

First article: "In Taipei Open 2006, Lin Dan won the MS title, but the biggest winner was, and many people would agree, the runner-up LCW.

Most of the Taiwan's spectators were not familiar with LCW. But through this tournament, LCW's excellent skill, more variations in play compared to LD, has impressed everyone. His politeness and courtesy has no doubt also captured the hearts of the spectatots that day.

After losing the match, LCW bowed to the spectators at all sides of the courts before stepping off, this action earned him louder applauds than the winner LD. This has left a lasting impression to everyone presence that day."

Second article: "How does LCW feel about his relationship with his fans? Many many not have realised this, but LCW very much like to have a closer emotional tie with his fans.

In this interview with China Press, LCW expressed his feeling of letting down his fans for he has not delivered the result everyone expected from him.

LCW said, 'Most of the fans who supported us (Malaysia team) have great interest in badminton. As players, we hope to get supports and encouragement from them. These are motivational factors for us to improve.'

'In Malaysia, the fans are always behind us. I am really grateful for that, but I also felt I have let them down because I felt I have not delivered the expected result. My recent performance, in Indonesia Open, has not been ideal. I hope I can bring some suprises for everyone, like next year Thomas Cup. Everyone of us would like to win the TC as an appreciation shown to all the fans out there.'

Third article: "The arrival of Li Mao has breath new life into the national team. LCW has hoped that he could bring back the World Championship trophy as the birthday present for the coach. Although he only won the bronze medal, LM should be pleased about LCW's intention.

LCW said, 'LM always chat with us. He is a 'soft' coach. He allowed us to rest when we were tired during training. He provided us with a lot of technical advises which would improve my overall skill.'

'On the contrary, it was me who were impatient and anxious. I have even discussed with him about going back to Sidek, for I could not get use to LM's training method. Under Sidek, he was strict and pushing us very hard in training.'

'Because of LM's softer and lenient approach, some indisciplined players could relax during training. But I hoped no one does that.'

LM has his own training methodology. LCW said, 'He always ask the players" What do you want to achieve? Can you take it? If you can, you need to push on. If you can't, you need to take a break.'

'I am now getting use to his training and I am still learning. He always discuss with me on strategy and game play.'

During the interview, LM asked me (the reporter) to pay attention on LCW training and how many shirts he has changed as a result. LM even asked me: "See how hard he train. How could you still question him when would he win the World Championship or insist that he must win the World Championship?"

To LM and LCW, being a badminton supporter, I would not ask much from you. I only hope that with you effort, you would acheive the equivalent result in return."

Forth article: This article is various quotes from the neibours in LCW's hometown in Malaysia. Pretty standard PR stuff, so I would not translate them.

Hope the rest of the members find this useful.

#6 Linus, Jun 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  7. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    Thank you very much Linus... I only saw "question-marks" all over in the first post. :p Appreciate the effort of translating.

8. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Wow, fantastic articles.Thank you for posting here.Ya,indeed ,LCW is really a very polite player.Among all the player,he is the only one i think that is really good no matter in pysical or mental.In Taiwan Open,although he had lost to LD,but i think he is the biggest winner.Attitude is really very important to a players,no matter lose or win,LCW never lost his temper.In the TC,he willing to bear the responsible alone when we lost to Denmark.I think he surely can walk more far and acchive more in his badminton path if he continue with his attitude.Best wishes to he and hope him can win in the World Championship or even Olympic.:) :)

9. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Greate translation. Thank you Linus.

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    lCW should win one of prestigious tournaments like olympic,WC or all england, if not.. he's not the greatest, just a #1 player :D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that is a true statement. i guess we need to let LCW reach his milestone one-by-one. beating his top peers... LD, PG, TH. winning large tournaments, HK, JO, AE, WC, Olympics. only then can he be truely great.

12. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I have to agree with hcyong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Nationalistic or not nationalistic, I have to say that LCW is indeed a real gentleman with nice manners.

There is no harm in glorifying good manners.

13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    kwun,
    why don't you move this thread to 'professional players', there's already been a thread about lee chong wei there :D

14. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Very true indeed, we don't have to be awfully general all the time

I'm sick with some members here who refered people as swallow-minded, comments with lack of constructive or objective and so on unkind posts when the posts are okay and not exaggerating at all... I think this forum is not only for grown-ups and working mans who have so much opinion to say on .. The members here also consist of schoolgals and schoolboys.. Give us a break

Some adults here are just very rude enough:mad:

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya,totally agree with you.i think what he really lack of is confident.His skills is in superb level and can definitely compete with others players.I do no why he always don't have confident with himself or many too many burden to him.I think he should not bother what other peoples say and play badminton just for himself and not others.I believe that if he has more confident,he surely can win all this tournaments.Let us cheer for him and remember to record all his supporters sound and play it when he playing.Maybe this can help him.Ha...ha...:D :D :D

16. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    are u a schoolgal or boys too?:)
    keke... u are right~ i support u lol

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

He has defeated LD,PG,TH before.He hasn't won the big names yet .but he is on course.He has not reached his limit so he will continue to do better.However, he's great for badminton.If you've seen his play 'live' on court, you will realise TV does him little justice.He will generate greater interest and respect for badminton as a sport wherever he plays. It's a matter of time. There's no need to be the greatest;he can nonetheless be in his most ardent fans' minds.

18. s2heng

s2heng Regular Member

Attached Files:

• LCW1.jpg
      LCW1.jpg
      File size:
      200.3 KB
      Views:
    • LCW2.jpg
      LCW2.jpg
      File size:
      234.5 KB
      Views:
    • LCW3.jpg
      LCW3.jpg
      File size:
      250.3 KB
      Views:
  19. riz-nie

riz-nie Regular Member

Nice pictures there.....I like the first picture...he look cute..

20. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Thanks s2heng, great pictures ! Finally, LCW is now world num.1 and he reaches his goal ! He is such a good role model to everyone, good manner, shows lots of respect to his opponents on the court, play with elegant and spectacular skills, ...not a single thing I can pick on this guy other than his usual lack of stamina on the third game : )

In Europe, there is Peter Gade. In Asia, there is Lee Chong Wei. These two are among the greatest badminton stars today !!!