Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

well..perhaps im a malaysin and yet the incident happened at home that caused me feel disappointed...and the facts that im also a fans for china's team and specifically a fan of him.. make me feel worse..

anyhow..let bygone be bygone.. but for sure its gonna take some time to forget his act.

2. nelsonkong

nelsonkong Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    lol...it is bascially the same theory...hahaha..anyway. Not going to argue on this.

One of my friend, there was this one time, he was being hit by the shuttlecock...when people smashing...he got angry and took the shuttle and hit back the guy who smashed him. lmao.

And he said sorry after that and you expect people will forget about that?

3. verinee@yey

verinee@yey Regular Member

stdnt
    huh LD regret now??:)

4. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager

If LD can control himself at that moment then he may not done that. He is still young and not matured enough. Everyone in this world have make mistake and wrong. This is just a tournament game and MOST IMPORTANT is he/she will realise, learn from the mistake/wrong and growth.

Sometimes we have to pay the "price" for growing. Hope we can open our heart and forgive the person who has done the wrong/mistake.

5. terry

terry Regular Member

Even footballer did it some times... so time will pass. He will be forgiven someday.

6. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

Yes, why not apologise personally instead of through a mediator?

7. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya,all the unhappy things we should forget it.All people learns from mistakes,i think he doesn't do this purposely.We should give him a chance and stop blaming him,i think he definitely can change his attitude.All of us doesn'n want to lose such a fantastic player.What i wanted to tell Lin Dan is :competition is often has loser and winner,he is already the biggest winner if he had really done his best and he no need to feel sad.:) :)

8. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    我想说的是,网友们的责备是----爱之深,责之切。
    没有人愿意输球,更不会有人愿意,在胜利的边缘,一分、一分又一分的被对手追上,然后,反超,然后,折挂。
    我们在现场的人,是疯了---为了球坛一哥、二哥联手呈现的球艺、过人的耐力和韧力,为之折服。我们现场的观众,都站了起来,大家鼓掌、欢呼、喝彩。这原本是很美丽的一幅图画。说真的,比赛打成这样,不管是谁胜谁负,已然不重要---谁敢说,林丹和宗伟没有尽全力,没有坚持到最后一分钟?这场比赛,双方都是赢家。
    只是,接下来的事情,没有人会想到。林丹狠狠地把自己的球拍往上踢,然后走去和宗伟握手。那时候,宗伟胜利的激情还没平复,所以林丹就收拾自己的用具。在领奖的时候,林丹把我们部长挂在他身上的奖牌摘下,同时拒绝戴上网上球友所讲的‘帽子’--我们特别的纪念品。尔后,他很快的从领奖台上下来,一位部长级的人趋前要求他留下,也不得要领。。。这些事情,发生在我的眼前。
    网友们所谓的‘帽子’,其实是砂拉越土族的英雄帽,是给与战士们佩戴的。那个时候,如果林丹愿意戴上,和宗伟一起在领奖台上,接受观众的欢呼,会不会是很美丽的一幕?他们都是英雄啊!他们都战斗到最后一刻啊!
    球员们的压力,是非常人所能承受的,但是,没有人是永远的常胜军,也没有人会永远失败。我们在学习享受胜利的时刻,也应该学习,接受失败的苦涩。我想,大姐张宁最能够给与林丹劝告,宁姐不也是卧薪尝胆10年之后,才登上巅峰吗?球员在场上要有霸气,在场下更应该要有大气。
    我知道,很多马来西亚的球迷很生气,那是因为,除开马来西亚的球员不说,中国的球员是马来西亚最受欢迎和崇拜的。在大马公开赛的时候,观众们的欢呼声、海报、布条是最好的证据。
    林丹,歉疚不是别人说了算,而是,你自己应该表现出来,应该,有所行动。23岁,不是年少气盛的少年人了,应该懂得克制自己。尊重他人,就是尊重自己最好的体现。
    从错误中学习吧!我们希望看到球技一流、球品一流的林丹。
    林丹,我们会为你加油的。你不仅是13亿中国人民的骄傲,也是我们华侨们的骄傲。

Anyone can help to translate?

9. tamages

tamages Regular Member

LD should apologize openly

agree! LD should apologize personally n openly!
    he has shown bad sportsmanship n he knows it well. i can't believe a world no.1 in any sports would behave like that! it's sad to see that LD, while representing China, failed to show the virtues of Chinese people.

as a Malaysian Chinese i'm saddened by both LD's behavior n how he failed to react to criticisms afterwards.

he should show that he's willing to change, because like it or not, he represents the country and that responsibility will be with him through out his playing career.

right now, he just shows that his only quality is his badminton skill...

:(

10. CanuckBur

CanuckBur Regular Member

Technical support.
    From what I read, Lin Dan only blame himself for not taking the chance to end the game quickly, nothing more. I wish him well and continue to support him and other great players alike.

#30 CanuckBur, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It is only natural for Sarawak fans to feel disappointed at LD's totally uncalled-for behaviour. I hope LD learns fast and never repeats such an ugly side of him again in full glare of the mass media, especially the TV. He was too emotional, unsportsmanlike and showed that he has not really matured and learned to respect the culture of the host country

I must compliment the European players, including JR of course, for being such good sports. But to condemn all China players who participated at the MO may be going too far. I recalled seeing Gao Ling and Zhang Jun smiling and being amused at the prize ceremony. They were enjoying and laughing at themselves. :D

12. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I am very curious how many times you have lost control and did something wrong. And I hope no one forgives you since there's no good if you apologize.

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Unfortunately, if what you did wrong is deemed a slur on a nation, it takes time to be forgiven. If what Lin Dan did was natural (and I agree it is human nature), then how the Malaysians (particularly Sarawakians) feel is natural as well. Lin Dan is one person and if that one person controlled himself it would be ok. Unfortunately, it's hard to quell this mob mentality because it's a lot of people. Just have to wait it out ...

14. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    GO Lee Chong Wei!! HEhehe :D Me Malaysian Supporter!! He did well with some luck to win that! Amazing!

-The End-

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hey, even the president of the USA has press secretary and speech writers.
    If he behave like that again, then u know he lied;) Until then, u can't doubt his regrets.

16. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    Soon he'll learn because he is simply used to success after success and this defeat which I assume is the worst "defeat" he has tasted because of the many, many match point he held. I guess to him, it was the "stupid-est mistake" he has ever made, and that was why he couldn't control himself after losing the title which was once seemed to be his. Look at Taufik who has grown a lot.

Forgiven but not forgotten :D

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    somebody must have printed out BC discussion of LIndan attitude and sent to
    LIn dan :)

18. kurama

kurama Regular Member

hopefully this won't happen again.

19. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Boy, this is good... Everyone definitely feel much better with that...

And it's better than argueing whether his act should be forgiven or not...

Because what all we need is just a simple statement like this.. I dont need ppl to tell me LD was sad and it was hard for him... You shouldnt say so and that... Because I believe every person is responsible for what he did, but nevertheless, he made a statement so nothing more to argue about and I'm satisfied

#39 hara^kazuko, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  20. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Honestly if I was Lin Dan, I would have apologise to those I have offended during press conference or whatever.. (by the way US president is u know.. cough cough:D)
    The chinese articles are all written by ambitious fans.. like I say it can no longer change people's perspective towards Lin Dan..
    To win some of his fans back i think it would be great if he apologises for his action first... Because regret and apology is total different thing..
    If you refuse to apologise it may mean that you have no regret with the action u made.. do u get what I mean?
    Anyway theres still time for him to change his attitude.. I hope he learn from this and becomes a better player:) Peace everyone.. now lets all start discussing in Taiwan Open thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.