LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wooohhooo!!!!
    lee chong wei boleh!

malaysia boleh!:D

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Frankly I feel LD played the same style he played in the All-England final. It was good enough for him last week, but not today.

But LCW adjusted his defensive position midway in the 1st game and LD did not do anything else to counter, so jamesd20 is probably right. I was expecting a response from LD once LCW passed him but it was like he has switched himself off.

Not that LD wasn't aware that his tactics wasn't working ......

3. ahyau11

ahyau11 New Member

lcw never out b4,just stupid lyb use dirty tactics.

heard ld play till mad....

so happy to hear that...

im not against ld but the stupid lyb.although he is top 4 md last time but he always the 4th.damn happy today.wahaha...

4. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

Can't wait for this match :D

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

as i said in other thread before this, lcw manage to change his game completely diffrent from the AE game.
    next time, he should apply this tactic to play agaist lin da..well done;)

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

But they cant see their noses

7. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

Agreed that better defensive play by LCW today really make difference.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Got. LD looked frustrated when LCW got pt no 16 onwards in set 2. They didnt look like they played very different from their normal game.

Maybe Rashid's presence has sthing to do with it. ;)

Joelabb,
    haha, that's what the CCTV 5 commentator said too.

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    That is what happened in AE. When LCW came near or took a lead. LD upped his game to over power LCW. This game he just continued a relaxed game, not forcing the shuttle onto LCW & LCW was comfortable.

For me it is a typical post big tournament performance by LD. He has won the big tournament & takes it easy in the follow up. He has never won Swiss after winning AE. He won Swiss when AE was after, and won swiss when runner up in AE.

Badminton fans hope however that LCW can take positive from this result, but IMO it doesn't depend on LCW - He performs to his max every game. What it matters on is his opposition.

10. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

The 'old bad boy' is back

Lee Chong Wei exposed Lin Dan's short fuse today.

I thought for a moment Lin Dan's gonna do something like in 2008 Korea Open, after he 'siam' [avoid] LCW's drive at his body. Lin Dan then complain to the refree he didn't touch the shuttle. A few of his netkill was deemed fault, after he trapped LCW. Anyway Datuk Lee is very aggressive today, good to see that he's worthy of 'World no. 1' title. :D

I think Lin Dan's only weakness is he hates to lose.

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

well, every players 'hated to lose'.............;)

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Now, this is the real badminton.
    Fight, Lin dan.Take it back.

LCw's in ur way.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Mr. XBall, your LCW did extremely well today.

... I enjoyed the match

14. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

To me, a lot of people have got the idea that Lin Dan really is unbeatable when he wants something. Which is why they are so quick to think Lin Dan didn't really give it his all. I mean... when you look at some of the comments... a lot of people were already bringing this up from practically the moment LCW gained a lead! It's understandable considering that since the Olympics, Lin Dan is just about all people have been talking about (heck, even I said Lin Dan is practically unbeatable - of course what I meant is he's really really good :D). So now that he's finally lost one, people have all sorts of doubts (about Lin Dan's motivation in the match I mean). Instead of giving credit to Lee Chong Wei, they question whether he really deserved it :(.

I'm not saying Lin Dan was at his best today. But I have no doubt he was trying, and that he wanted to win. I think it's clear he didn't just give it away if you watch the match (granted I missed the very end of it). Lee Chong Wei on the other hand, was clearly more confident in his play today. Anyway, anything can happen on the day. I'd still put my bets on Lin Dan if they were to meet again soon. But Lee Chong Wei has at least shown that he can do it!

#34 phaarix, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We'll see..

..what or how Dato LCW will do in the next upcoming big event, the World Championships; so far, he has fallen short in the "major" tourneys (OG & AE) when playing vs. LinDan.
    *That "nice guy" label wasn't started by me..:p ;)

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    So, LD has become the Taufik of yesteryears now, only winning when he wants to win?

I feel there is some truth in what you're saying. But LD is a machine. Even if he is unmotivated at some subconscious level, he can still demolish the field and only come unstuck when he meets his arch-rival on good form.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei!
    Seems he played really well today and thoroughly deserved his victory!
    A well deserved winner!
    :)

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I didn't watch the match but I believe this is what happened.

Now let's list some facts about LD's performance after OG.

1. LD played well in China Open but played "laid-back style" and lost to CJ in HKO final. LD looked exhausted in that match.

2. LD played well in AE but played "laid-back style" and lost to LCW in Swiss final.

I see a pattern here. To me the most reasonable conclusion is that even after a few months' rest, LD's stamina (physical and mental) still cannot sustain his aggressive, super-humanly fast-pace style for two back-to-back tournaments. This explanation would appear much more reasonable for anyone who believes that LD's age is not 25.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Agree.....this will be the homework for Misbun Sidek and Lee Chong Wei to take home and ponder till the anticipated Final match against Lin Dan yet again in Hyderabad. Only if he wins that match will his critics finally get off his back. Just like Lin Dan's critics when he failed miserably in the Olympics 2004 and World Championships 2005. He answered them convincingly with back-to-back World Championships titles in 2006 and 2007; and add the small matter of AE titles as well.

Otherwise, the usual excuses: Lin Dan already won the major title last week, impossible to win another one this week, so, he didn't give his all, he's not motivated to win, etc etc.

#39 badMania, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  20. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Maybe meeting Mr Chen twice in the semis and guaranteed by management to win,
    Lin Dan subconsciously thought he can "Chen Jin" Lee Chong Wei. :D