LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    not to say throw. while changing his racket, just purposely let his racket down direct to the floor. he needs to walk pass his bag to retrieve.....:D

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    how come the more i read in here, the more that you guys and gals steering of course from the thread's mean?

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oh, because that racket's string had broken, so he just put it aside..;)
    very normal imo.

4. lawcc

lawcc Regular Member

student
    ld like loosing his patient??!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

I don't think LCW whitewashed LD is an appropriate proclamation. LD does have an edge while playing LCW and the record showed (11-6). However, LCW is capable of beating LD, but the odd is only around 35%. Lack of consistency? NO! LCW is the most consistent player among Msia players or even among the rest (except LD). He has proven that he reached Semi-Final & Final for the tournaments he entered since Olympic. I don't remember any Msia player could top that except those in the 50-60's which was an different era. In term of winning major tournaments, Msia players do have a problem of consistency. Perhaps it is due to the culture background....easy going / layback mentality. Hate to say that they do not handle the pressures well during major tournament. They are capable of matching up with all their opponents, but at last is the will & mental toughness that count.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

chong wei was trying to play a very patient game with lin dan yesterday. and it turn out very well, and his tactic works.;)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    of course they kkk/tbh and lcw have to fight for it or else the LYB's scheme look too obvious. Hey, even LD had to work to beat those fixed matches with CJ and BCL, right?

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Oh, I don't know, 92.6% is my best guess.
    Yeah, there will be some who cannot comprehend facts. You get some in every society.
    I'm not going to kill myself over some sarcasm, just gotta bear with it.

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Little? 80%? 90%? :rolleyes:

Obviously, you are the one who does not comprehend why people hate how you present you facts. It is not what you wrote but the way you wrote it that make people sick.

10. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

That was the advice from Misbun to LCW before the match.
    From Harian Metro :
    Jurulatihnya, Datuk Misbun Sidek gembira dengan kejayaan anak buahnya.

“Saya tidak bimbang tahap kecergasan Chong Wei, memang dia bersedia di segi mental.

“Dengan pendekatan taktik dan strategi, dua pemain itu tidak banyak dapat melakukan smash dan bulu tangkis banyak berlegar-legar di belakang gelanggang, jadi Chong Wei hanya menunggu masa dan lebih ‘bersabar’ menunggu peluang dalam permainan itu.

“Berbanding di England, Chong Wei terburu-buru hendak menang dan sewaktu Chong Wei menelefon saya petang semalam (kelmarin) sebelum perlawanan, saya memberitahunya mengikut rentak Lin Dan dan menunggu peluang mematikan langkahnya.

“Jadi, Chong Wei mengikut rentak permainan Lin Dan, tidak melakukan kesilapan dan sabar mendapatkan mata malah hingga ke peringkat mata penting,” kata Misbun kepada Arena Metro, semalam.

Good advice from good coach :)

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I mean the China Players had also fight during the matches. They don't give away the games.
    No. I juz want people to give Chong wei and KKK/TBH what they are entitled into.

Lin dan got it before, even when we are suspicious for the unethical arrangement and all, none has denied he deserved the title.
    We are congratulating him. Do the same.

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Please do not post non-English content unless it is accompanied by a translation.

Would someone help with this, please?
    If not, this will not remain here.

13. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    let me see my malay language rusted or not....:D
    next time, please do translate before post. :)

p/s: i am getting rusty, please do give some time....:D:p

#213 drifit, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  14. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

Thanx Mod guess I'm too lazy to do the translation job :D Next time I promise I will translate it :) Sorry Oldhand ;)

15. powoeiken

powoeiken New Member

I agree with you completely.

Yes, LD's "sudden smash out of nowhere" skill is indeed powerful, but most of the time that is because the shot he is going to smash is half to 3/4 court deep, not to the baseline deep like LCW did yesterday. So even if LD smashed it down, LCW still managed to return the smash. In my humble view, to beat LD, the other player needs to 1) be able to defend the initial offense carried out by LD, 2) outpatients LD, as everyone knows LD has a short (realtively) temper, 3) tactically never keep LD hit a return shot when he does not need to move or only move one step, i.e. keep throwing off LD center of gravity. I noticed in alot of the shots LD expected a net drop from LCW and he moved forward or getting ready to move forward to the net, but LCW kept hitting the ball high and back, so LD kept getting "surprises" and therefore not being able to attack.

On top of the 3 points i just mentioned, I wondered why at the biginning of the 1st game, LD doesn't conduct his usual tactics, i.e. an overhelming "fast and furious offense" on LCW, which 90% of the time overwhelms his opponents and render them completely defenseless and mentally shock. Instead, he chose to play a much slower pace with LCW, which strategically plays into LCW's style. This is what I don't understand! Can someone enlighten me?

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Very good then. Well done lad.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hey, thanks for the positive feedback and all. I really appreciate it.

Must be tough, eh? Celebrating and then blowing your top here.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Keep them coming Pemuda. :) It makes for interesting reading! :D
    We need divergent views but not personal attacks or unnecessary insinuations. :p

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I will say everyone has differences in implying their opinions.
    Such a good thing to be able to accept that as differences.

Of course, we should behave when criticizing , but other than that, i found no more problem.

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thanks for the input. Actually after taking into consideration what robin7 wrote, I must say I am wrong. I should have exercised more care and love and maybe cuddle, hold and gently cradle especially those like robin7 & co.