LCW losing again to Chinese player

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by qwertyu, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

I reallly think that Lee Choong Wei's style of play has changed a bit too. I mean. When I was watching the 2006 ae where he was pitted against Lin Dan, he was very patient throughout the entire game. He just kept the game going. And now from recent games, I see that Lee Choong Wei is doing alot more smashing than pulling and pushing. Well that's just what I've been seeing tell me if anybody else is seeing something different

2. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Of course not. Other players will improve at the same time especially BCL but it is obvious too that LCW's form has dropped.He is slower nowadays, doesn't smash much and his usually good net play doesn't work now, always get into the net.Watched his match against Bao Chun Lai at MO,he only started to use his jumping smash in the middle of the 2nd game.

3. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    from wat i see..
    LEE is making more unforce error than ever...
    he also can't bring back his best...
    when i saw him playing in QF of MO..
    totally dissapointed to his performance...
    i did not say tat he muz win if i watch him play...
    but atleast give a good fight mar...
    ermm..
    maybe history will be repeated...
    as we know LEE is as best as he can in 1st half of 2006 but not in 2nd half..
    maybe this time he turning his best form to 2nd half of 2007 and not 1st..
    by decreasing his pressure from crowd and others...
    maybe he can do better in the 2nd half of 2007...
    juz hope he will be back as soon as he can...

4. alvern

alvern Regular Member

Corporate Slave
    to be fair to him, he seems to be showing the effect from his accident that happened right before Doha. Since that accident, he wasn't the same player anymore, you all can see that from his performance in Doha. he needs to reassess his fitness before all-england. fitness = fully injury free.

5. BlaZe

BlaZe Regular Member

some would say he was already out of form at the 2007 WC... LCW is a figter, i'm sure he'll do a great AE

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think TH wanted the 07 AE the most and it's LD's job to stop him. LCW is just a collateral damage:D

7. Youngunz_77

Youngunz_77 Regular Member

is it me or calling chinese players bacteria a little racist? lol

im not chinese or anything but nice metaphor

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What you say goes without saying. It's like telling a high-jumper that if he can jump higher, he will win.

If I can have superhero powers to speed up my game, I will definitely be unbeatable (if no one else has this power). Even if my skill is so-so, I will win.

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Wrong. If you have superhero powers but no skills you can't win.

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    But if my skills are so-so, I can and I will win every match. I just need to return the shuttle. Where Taufik hits it or how hard he hits it does not matter, I am lighting speed. Even half-court smashes are no problems for me.

11. Carbonex_21

Carbonex_21 Regular Member

engineer
    From my opinion, LCW hasn't play aggressive. Most of the time, he play safe which means he play more to rally, less drive, & not smash often. This is not a good way to battle the chinese players which play more aggressive, lot of drive, smashes & sudden attack. When he played BCL on the last game, he put more smashes on his game, but it was too late for him to win the match.

12. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I would say only Chen Jin out of the entire Chinese MS squard play with more drives than usual singles players. Chen Jin while playing against TH during China Open 2006 showed his ability in drive shots, and even the guest commentator "former China head coach" Chao(don't know how to translate his name) praised Chen Jin's drive shots several times during the match.:cool:

13. Carbonex_21

Carbonex_21 Regular Member

engineer
    Well i would say that all 3 CHENs got this fast drives ability. And LD is the most special player, he can play every shot. His skills like a combination of all chineese players. Ha ha..:D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, yes.
    Playing fast against LD is tough since LD seem to have reserve to maintain his speed or add to it. I still say LD lost to TH in 06 AG was due to LD miss timed switching on his afterburner:D.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LD is not invincible as has so often been proven. He is just bloody good.

To beat him, you need to step up strongly and play him real fast and furious. You to to match his skills on the day as well as his speed. In other words, you need to stretch him to his limits. It is easier said than done because this guy is a superb athelete.

It is pointless to roll up for the tournament if your are not mentally prepared to challenge LD. It is of course harder these days with so many other Chinese players you need to beat along the way.

In my mind, we need better players to come along (e.g. PG, TH, LCW, Hafiz, LHI) to match the Chinese players -- swarm them to beat them. We need to take down BAO, CY, CJ because they indirectly help LD to succeed by beating the top players so that LD has an easier job. You almost have to beat some top quality Chinese players before you get to LD these days, and that is a pretty tough task.

There are not many top players to challenge the Chinese --- I think only a handful -- as I said PG, TH, LCW, and perhaps Hafiz (given that he is now able to beat Chen Hong again). To prove my point, in the Korean Open, PG and TH did not turn up. That leaves LCW and Hafiz. LCW knew it was a daunting task and psychologically he was already beaten before he got to the QTR FINAL and HAFIZ 'killed' a Chinese but found it hard to go forward after that as it was very tiring.

When TH and PG are involved, the chances are higher to knock off LD or the Chinese (it is still a tough task) but the combined forces make it easier --- swarm them with the numbers so that psychologically the Chinese will feel the tiredness.

I feel Malaysia needs to bring up more players --- perhaps, they might, e.g. Yeoh Kay Bin is coming along well, Hafiz is beginning to move his legs a lot more, and Roslin might spoil one of the Chinese chances every now and then (he still has it in him). LCW is feeling very tired in his game but if we can get his teammates to play better, he might feel rejuvenated and then play a bit better himself.

16. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i think LCW is now suffering from mental and physical fatigue. He is not on form and you can see from his face that he is not as confident as he used to be. I hope he will get out from this slump asap.

I don't think he is still injured.

17. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Ya..i agree with u..i think his leg had recovered long time ago..:rolleyes:

18. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    his injuries are in his head and heart......

19. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    hahaha..
    good description...

20. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

I think LCW is going thru' a difficult phase at the moment. If you observe, other players like PG, TH & LD also had their rough moments. However, LD is slightly better in that he gets out of it faster than the rest.
    LD & Roger Federer had similars thoughts that when you get to be World No.1, it's harder to stay there as many other players want to take a shot to beat you. Perhaps, the rumour about Li Mao leaving may have an effect on LCW's mind. Things like that may have effects on the players.