LCW losing again to Chinese player

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by qwertyu, Jan 26, 2007.

1. qwertyu

qwertyu Regular Member

LCW is like antibiotic, if you use it too often, bacteria (The Chinese players) will develop resistance against him. :)

The Star 27/1/06

Badminton: Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Hafiz keep Malaysian flag flying
    By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia’s best bet Lee Chong Wei was bundled out of the Korean Open yesterday but compatriots Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong reached the Korean Open semi-finals in contrasting fashions at the Olympic Gymnasium in Seoul.
    National number one Chong Wei failed to keep his proud record against China’s Chen Jin intact when he went down fighting 21-14, 15-21, 16-21 in a 55-minute battle.
    It was Chong Wei’s first defeat to the Chinese in their three meetings and a sign that his “invincibility” against some of the top Chinese players is wearing off.
    His winning streak against another Chinese player Bao Chunlai also ended at last year’s world meet. Since then, the Malaysian has not beaten Chunlai.

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Could it be the Chinese coaches are so good that they finally find LCW's weakness?

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Seems something's wrong with LCW recently. Li Mao should re-examine the tactics LCW uses when playing BCL and CJ. He should be able to beat them. Anyway, maybe it's just his feet(?) injury which makes him slower than before.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Since he defeated by TH at SF Japan Open last October/06, seems LCW's self confidence decreased continuously.After that,we can look he lost to LHI (at Men's Team) and TH (Individual) in Doha AG. Next, he gave up to BCL and yesterday after leading on 1st set, finally must lost from the rising star CJ.

We will wait his performance in upcoming All England, what happen then to him?!

5. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    i'm so sad his rank now is numb. 5.....:crying: :crying: I can't believe it...:crying: :crying: what happen LCW!!you make me so sad..:crying: :crying:

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LCW --- if you read this, you might get to win again. I am pretty sure this is what makes you lose of late.

You are not moving the shuttle fast enough around the court. Occasionally, you start of like a rocket, e.g. the first game against
    Chen Yu when you raced to a commanding lead. He does not get enough time to think to counter you. Think about it. Then you slow down in the 2nd game (probably tired) and he comes back at you --- you start to play rallies, and he had time to think and counter you.

If you go back to the wins against LD, you played fast, cheered on by your avid supporters. He could not get his thoughts together to counter you, even though he is a fast thinker.

This is the thing you need to do (forget about Li Mao, if he has not told you so). You need to speed your play, move the opponents around FAST (I mean real fast as if you are coming back from the 3rd set against LD in the MO in which you won). DON't LET them think....that is the strategy. If you do not win with this I will be surprised.

The Chinese players are very sharp and you cannot let think and control. This is the secret of winning that everybody should know.

This is FREE AND VERY GOOD ADVICE FOR THE ALL-ENGLAND.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree with you. But LCW is not a rocket. Even rocket has fuel. I'm sure Li Mao have mentioned it a dozen times to him. The Chinese just are able to read his game. Just that LCW speed came off at the wrong time.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    What a quote! - that's really funny:)

Just to add to Ants comments, LCW may be just experiencing a natural dip in form.

On any given day, any loss to a chinese player has to be considered in its context - it may not be the SAME chinese player he loses to...:)

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

A natural dip in form?:confused: It is unnatural, if anything. I am trying to point out why this unnatural dip comes about. And the context for his loss to any player (particularly the sharp ones like the Chinese) is that he slowed his games too much to allow them to counter him.

One simply cannot play rallies with LD, BAO, PG, or the Chens. They would be too fast. My point is he needs to be faster or at least equally fast to have a chance.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    humans are not machines, the form or fitness of a badminton player goes up and down like waves. this is common among all sports, you hear about cyclists try to manage their fitness to coincide with big races like the Tour de France. badminton players too manage their fitness and form to coincide with big tournaments like the WC, Olympics.

so it is reasonable to talk about dipping in form.

however, it is also important to understand that form can be managed, and the proper management is also crucial to winning tournaments.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I don't think I am arguing about fitness. If he is not fit, there is no way he will speed up his game. But all I am saying he needs to speed up his game, if he needs to win. And if that means his fitness, then he needs to bring that up too.:)

12. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    He usually play well in first set..but he lost in second set then in third set he sometimes feel panic n make lot of mistakes then he lost!!maybe he feel pressure!!CW has to work harder!!:crying: :crying:

13. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    I think Li Mao is coaching too many players........cannot focus on Chong Wei.
    Y not hand some over to Misbun, since he only has Hafiz under him?
    Hope Chong Wei can stay strong.

14. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Agree with Kwun. Players form varies from time to time. Its seen in all sports, even sport stars like Lin Dan, Roger Federer and Ronaldinho have their bad days. Give LCW some time and im sure he will bounce back, hes a fighter.

15. alfa2

alfa2 Regular Member

architect
    X Ball, goddamn well explained......this is a good one !!!

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

you honestly think one of the best coaches in the world hasn't spotted this? (if it were true, I mean, CJ, BCL etc aren't slowcoaches)

don't forget the opponent hits the other ~50% of all shots played in a rally;) LCW doesn't command the match. and other players (and coaches) dó think...

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think it's his injury. He is not as fast as before and I believe this is not because he or Li Mao decide to play slower games, but because with injured feet(?), LCW simply CANNOT run as fast as before. And when your speed is slower, you have to reduce the pace of your game, otherwise you won't be able to cover the court.

I believe after a while CW will be as fast as before, since speed is his major weapon against other top players. Honestly, I think he is faster than any other top player including LD, although LD is definitely more explosive.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    which is probably the case also. coaches do sit together and analyse their opponent's style and find out their weaknesses. we know that they have done that for Camilla Martin when she was the biggest threat to the Chinese WS. they even have sparring partners that emulate CM's style so players can play against. they probably know Peter Gade's style and weakness by heart and LCW is a relatively newcomer and i would not be surprised if they have already pulled apart LCW's style.

this is the job of a good coach.

19. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

While it may be true that the chinese coaches have planned a counter attack to LCW's game, i think that his form is not good as well. His speed is slower. Besides the China players he is struggling to overcome some players like Boonsak and Shoji Sato now whom he had no problems to beat previously.

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Hopefully, you are not implying that while LCW is not playing well, Chinese players,Boonsak and Sato don't get better in the meantime...:rolleyes: