Korean Open SF results

Discussion in 'Korean Open 2004 / Japan Open 2004' started by sunzhi, Apr 2, 2004.

1. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

well, didnt really consider Gopi a great player despite winning AE (his final against Chen Hong was 'one-sided' as Chen H hd had tough matches to the final and ws half fit thn).. what killed Gopi ws probably the change of the point system to 7...

2. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

Jun JY bt Xu HW in rubber... it hs bn chinese and koreans thus far making to the final... the only chance of seeing a non-chn or korean is alven/luluk in the MD... ayo alven, luluk.. maju!!!!

3. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

And yet it's odd to note that Zhou Mi owns the head-to-head against Zhang Ning. I do agree though that Zhang Ning is the best Chinese LS player.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and ladies and gentlemen, the final of the Korean Open 2004 Men's doubles will be between:

Sang Yang / Zheng Bo of CHINA!

and

Luluk Hadiyanto / Alven Yulianto of INDONESIA!

*applause*

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the last time Korean open MD was not won by a Korean pairing was 1999.

6. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Go Xia! I hope he wins. It would be nice to see him at his peak again for the Olympics like during WC2003.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yang / Zhang bt. Lee / Hwang

15:6
    15:12

the last remaining match is Gao / Huang vs. Ra / Lee.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    can't help but to notice:

Zhang Ning bt. Gong RN in 17mins.

Jun Jae Youn bt. Xu Huaiwen in 80mins.

i guess that's just the nature of draws, sometimes you get tough games, sometimes you get easier ones...

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Ra / Lee beat Gao / Huang!

12:15
    15:10
    8:15

the match lasted 2 hrs and 5 mins. who kept track of which of these two hours marathoners is the longest?

10. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Gao / Huang 1:2 Ra / Lee :(

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I presume you mean between this and the all england s/f? I think this is longer, ae I think was 116mins.

I wonder if yang/zhang will be "injured" for this one. I think not!

12. jeicegreen

jeicegreen Regular Member

NO.. It is same between Korea Open and All England s/f.
    Both of them are 125min. ;)

Is there an energy which they will walk?@@

13. da ding

da ding Regular Member

Student
    hey guys, does anyone in HK know whether the KO finals will be broadcast here? It was last year...

THanks a lot, cuz i can't seem to load the Programme Schedule for the HK Cable TV

14. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    Wow, after three matches which Gao Ling and Huang Sui won, Ra Kyung Min - Lee Kyung Won won this time. The last time the korean pair won was the busan asian games (in korea) and the 2002 japan open.
    At first i was thinking that the korean pair peaked at their home but not this time because in the last match they played against which was the All England, the korean pair lost narrowly to the chinese, so this time the victory over the chinese pair wasn't that surprising to me :)
    this korean pair will definitely be a strong pair tomorrow...wonder if Yang Wei and Zhang Jiewen can play against them and also the home crowd. I really respect Ra Kyung Min for having "limitless" stamina...playing in mxd and also in wd...wow.. ;) Hope that she will be a double winner in the tomorrow's final :)

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Korean open is becoming exciting this year

Korean open is becoming exciting this year. It was boring last year and before.

It is a perfect Men's single final. Wow :D :D :D Chen Hong vs Xia XZ, what a classical finale I have only dreamed in my dreams.

Men's double goes well too. Fu/Cai, Luluk/Alven, Sang/Zheng are the three best up and coming, hot pairs now. It didn't surprise me at all to see Sang/Zheng vs Luluk/Alven. Since Luluk/Alven beat Cai/Fu closely in early rounds, I waited for them to reach final and fight with another young talented Sang/Zheng. It is expected, but still exciting to see Luluk/Alven thrashed all the other pairs easily after edged Cai/Fu

Women's double is becoming exciting too. Ra/Lee finally overcame again. Now, for the first time since :confused: , we can watch a real final in women's final.

Ladies' single is dissapointing. The european squad of Chinese girls are always a step short to grab the title. Pi Hongyan, Yao Jie, Xu Huaiwen..., imho, all are capable to grab some titles, but they haven't yet. imho, they might need to overcome some phsychology barriers. There are nearly 20 titles out there per year, they should grab at least 3 to 7...

The most dissappointing event is mixed double. I think Kim/Ra is good, but not invincible. There is a pair to beat them, which is Zheng Bo/Zhang Jiewen. But I don't know why they stop playing together for doubles. Zheng bo/Zhang jiewen used to beat Zhang Jun/Gao Ling easily in the training camp. Chen QQ/Zhao TT is really playing like amateurs

16. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Too bad for WCH, but at least he's hitting form.

I'd go for Xia over Chen Hong - I like his style better; there's more variety to his game than Chen Hong's.

Oh, are team orders gonna be the order of the day? Since that both are CHN players, Li Yong already achieved the objective, so perhaps they'd take it easy so that there's no injuries into Japan and beyond?

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Too bad Wong CH lost to Chen Hong... would want to see a Xia Vs Chen Hong. Anyway , XIa will win over Chen Hong.. if there is Xia there is no Choon Han .. if there is Choon Han.. there will be no XIa.

18. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    In the future, these 2 pairs, Cai/Fu and Kim/Yim will dominate the MD.
    Don't you think so ? Or are there another pairs ?

This will be a interesting match if they pplay with out : WO. :D

19. hong75

hong75 New Member

certainly cannot miss Kim Yong-Hyun and Yim Bang-Eun from Korea. with the legacy of the Korean doubles strength resting on their back, they will certainly be grommed into the sucessor of Ha/Kim and Lee/Yoo whom will almost certain fade out of the international scene not long after the Olympics.

Kim Yong-Hyun like his elder KimDM is already making grounds on the mixed field as well.

only thing that we have to wonder is that the Chinese are well prepared with two pairs of MD for the future, we are only seeing one forementioned pair from each of Indonesia and Korea, and none from Malaysia. oh. cannot forget about Denmark also, there is no lack of MD pairs from Denmark, current or future.

20. viver

viver Regular Member

You may be right, I did not follow the results. Being team mates they must know each other playing style well.