Korean Open 2008 - Day 5 - Jan 26 - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by vching, Jan 25, 2008.

1. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

cihuuyy

Hi everybody..really nice to say hello again to you all and found two INA reps in Korean SS tomorrow :D:D, after a very exhausting week, full of activities, and hard working :).. It's so delightful to see lukvent in the SS final, as I never expected them to win..but we'll see tomorrow..I hope they can keep up their performance..:)

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I'm pretty sure Cai-Fu is leading their head to head scores. Cai-Fu defeated Luluk-Alvent in the Thomas Cup 2004, then lost to Luluk-Alvent in the finals of Indonesian Open 2004... Other than this, I forgot... Sorry... :p

3. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

It's 8-2 Fu-Cai's way, according to worldbadminton.net

4. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

acording to my note it should be 10-2 for fu/cai

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fu/Cai beat Luluk/Alvent in these other events in 2005-2007:
    1. Malaysia Open 2005 SF
    2. Thomas Cup 2006 SF (22-24, 17-21)
    3. World Championships QF
    4. China Open 2006 SF (3 sets)
    5. French Open QF (also in 3 sets, when Luluk/Alvent were leading 13-9 in the second set only to lose 18-21, and then 16-21 in the rubber-set)

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Just my 2 sen rupiahs-On the MD Semifinal match between INA vs. DEN..

..i was able to force myself & catch the MD Semifinal match between the INA vs. DEN on CCTV5, just as i logged off from BC, but did it with my eyes half awake...:D :p
    Here are my thoughts, based on my recollection, on the match:
    - The match was, IMO, not as exciting as there were quite a few errors with not many rallies. But most notably, the errors came from the Danes' side and they came at crucial junction(s) of the game. Lars, IMO, made a few uncharacteristic errors, mostly near the front of the court/net. This, IMO, was the glaring factor in the match y'day.
    - Luluk & Alvent didn't seem nervous or out of focus throughout the entire match. They were quite fast and played a style, which IMO, suited to their strength. To that end, the DEN pair wasn't given much chances to setup their attacks; perhaps playing a bit too defensive. While on the other side, the INA played an offensive game by staying away from the usual lift & smash. Instead they employed quite a bit of fast drives & pushes (to the corners & back) to set up their smashes/attacks. That strategy, on many instances, put the DEN pair out of position. Also, the INA pair was able to get their point(s) after 1 or 2 smashes and their defense was pretty consistent.
    I would say the attacking percentage between the INA & DEN was around 70-30 in favor of the INA pair. The INA pair was basically in control of the entire match.
    - Oh, re the services from both pairs, there were a few errors from both, but overall, the errros were quite minimal. All of them, i thought, weren't the main factor in the outcome. Both pairs also employed a couple of flick/high services, here and there.

After the MD match, CCTV5 showed the taped delayed XD match between XZB&ZYW vs. LYD&LHJ. And I feel asleep half-way through the 1st set.:p..

OK, that's all...looking fw to CCTV5's coverage again tonight..:):cool:

#426 ctjcad, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup....pretty much summed up my thoughts as well. Of course, they were not as fast as Kido/Hendra, but, they need not be, considering their age. IMHO, they really stayed to their tactics with the now distinctive game of fast drives and pushes (thanks to Mas Sigit).

I believe they need to employ the same strategy against Fu/Cai, with the key of preventing themselves from lifting the ball for an easy kill by the Chinese pair. They will also need to match or even outplay Cai Yun in front of the net as soon as the match starts, and rely on the same strategy Kido/Hendra beat the Chinese in the HK Open, with lots of fast drives, which I think the Chinese dislikes.