K. Srikanth क्. स्रिकनथ्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I know all of us are not happy with his performance but we are criticizing because Srikanth is not at all introspecting what's going wrong with him and his results. Instead of working on his game, he's giving inspirational quotes , busy with social media with Olympics just round the corner. This type of attitude will only degrade his play. I as a fan am very disappointed with his attitude.

Saru likes this.
  2. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    based on his results from the past 18 months since being #1 he's turning out to be a one hit wonder. by that i mean many players have had 1 great year to attain #1 but could not sustain it.

most unfortunate.

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    We can never know what he is going through inside , we can only judge from what appears outside. I am happy that he is trying to stay positive and try again, there are enough people around him who can help him retrospect. Now is the time he need our support the most. The cult in this great nation is to hate and bully athletes who are going through rough patches instead of supporting them, we all have seen what people did to to Anushka Sharma and also to Dhoni. Lets love and encourage our athletes like they are our friends who are going through a rough patch.

#583 Sumanth99, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Also I am very curious to know, Why the thread name has a Hindi component to it?, We neither have a national language nor the athlete is Hindi speaking. Kashyap's thread is named sensibly.

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

There aren’t many players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Baddie lover

As a fan you have to support as well as criticize your player in order to make him more strong. But when the player is not introspecting the early losses and is overly complacent in his attitude (don't believe me, check his interviews and social media post) a genuine fan has all the right to question him and criticize him. Its not because we get amused by bashing him but because we know how much potential he has and what he isnt doing to extract his full potential.
    I don't know why you are bringing a sensitive issue like language here in this forum. Already our country is so volatile regarding minute issues. I'm sure the person who has created this thread didn't have any intention to pose Hindi as a superior/national language to other regional languages. Also your logic that Kashyap's thread is named sensibly (because it's written in Telugu or other regional language) and Srikanth's name is written in Hindi then you're bringing regionalisim here because if I'm not wrong Kashyap is a telugu guy and you're trying to say region first and then nation. Ignore these minute issues like language etc , instead focus on the contents of the thread. Cheers

arjevo and rajat_remar like this.
  7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Do you here mean Nation=Hindi?.

This stereotype that Nation=Hindi is wrong.

I didn't mean region first and nation next, Nation always comes first but not Hindi in the name of Nation. I only meant with regard to language mother tongue first and then any other language like Tamil, Bengali, English or Hindi should come in priority.

Will it make any logical sense to have the thread name as 'K. Srikanth (K. Srikanth Bengali/Tamil script)' ?

The name of thread didn't make any logical sense to me. Please make a convincible logical argument with out bringing up nation, nativity and getting sentimental about them.

I am so sorry that you got sentimental.

Chill

#587 Sumanth99, Oct 17, 2019
  8. Baddie lover

Lol no one is getting sentimental. I like your sarcasm but not your dodgy answer. I was thinking why did you say Kashyap thread name was written "sensibly" whereas you had a problem with hindi script in Srikanth name. Why to make a mountain out of a molehill with this language thing? Instead you could have plainly said that neither Hindi or Telugu script was necessary in players' thread name. But naaahh. Never mind.

I am not sorry for making you charged up.

Have a chilled beer.

arjevo likes this.
  9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Kashyap's thread name did make more sense than Srikanth's. This is neither a mountain nor a molehill, your are thinking of it as a mountain while pretending to think of it as a molehill.

Again you not making logical sense, Think with your brains while you switch off your emotion.

Have some chilled butter milk, and then think.

You don't have to be sorry for getting yourself up and high.

10. Baddie lover

Okay sir :rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Man, plz lets not pave way for the closing of thread.
    Even the thread opened by the person did not write the names in hindi or telugu. It was edited by moderator i think. Might be @cobalt.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

12. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Kind request to mods - can you please change this thread name to this:

K.Srikanth கே.ஸ்ரீகாந்த் కె. శ్రీకాంత్ के। श्रीकांत কে.শ্রীকান্ত കെ. ശ്രീകാന്ത് ಕೆ.ಶ್ರೀಕಾಂತ್ के.श्रीकांत શ્રીકાંત سری کانت ਸ੍ਰੀਕਾਂਤ श्री। श्रीकांत.

Guys are welcome to add whatever languages they want. Thread name should atleast cover 2 pages.

Play hard. Train harder.

arjevo, Saru, samkool and 2 others like this.
  13. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This is cool

14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This my last post here regarding this issue.

Let me explain how I think of this issue
    {
    1. Let’s start with the preamble: “All languages are equal”.
    2. Now the best choice in naming an athlete’s thread is writing by his name in English alone.
    3. The next choice is writing the name in English and mother tongue of the corresponding athlete.
    4. The other choice is writing in English and a random language.
    }
    Last choice is the one that makes least sense to me.

I hope I made myself clear. This is just my view and how I think of it.

15. Baddie lover

Perks of democracy.

16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    More than mere perks these are the fundamental pillars of this democracy, A democracy that we all must agree is perhaps skewed in some areas.

Oops...!

#596 Sumanth99, Oct 17, 2019
  17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Srikanth played a solid first game today, I couldn't watch second game but watched bits of third game, from what I have seen I felt although the level of play is quite good he probably made a lot of errors in second and third games. It still has a lot of positives.

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    CTC himself admitted that KS is very fast in first game and it was tough to play. Yes he moved very fast in the first game. I think he should be more patient and try to reduce unnecessary errors.

19. Baddie lover

Just checked M&Q 1 for Gwangju Masters and Syed Modi Super 300 and was surprised/delighted/confused to see KS registered there. Its his first GP/GPG/S100-300 tournament since 2017 German Open (28th Feb to 5th March 2017). Its been nearly 2 years 9 months he hasn't participated in these level tournaments. I guess he has to take the hard way now. His FCO and HK Open first round opponent is Kento Momota. Don't know what to say but I can just hope he at least gives some fight and slowly come back to at least the form we were used to seeing him earlier.

20. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Baddie lover likes this.