Jeonju Victor KOREA Masters GP Gold 2015 : Qualifying-FINAL (3rd-8th November 2015)

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by CLELY, Nov 2, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Hwasan Indoor Stadium, Jeonju City-KOR

Total prize-money : US$120,000

Tournament prospectus : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/tournamentcalendar_event.aspx?id=25501

Tournamentsoftware link : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=8F8CB674-5B18-413D-95AA-DAA3D67D22C1

KOR time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=16372&forma=Find Time

BWF Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

Alternative Live-Streaming : http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

2014 WINNERS => http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...2EF138-8B5F-457D-9920-E08D18F152B5&d=20141109

MS - Lee Dong Keun (KOR)
    WS - Nozomi Okuhara (JPN)
    MD - Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (KOR)
    WD - Lee So Hee/Shin Seung Chan (KOR)
    XD - Choi Sol Gyu/Shin Seung Chan (KOR)

Korea A-listers seek glory at homeground Grand Prix Gold

After dropped to GP level in last year edition, Korea Open is back to BWF Grand Prix Gold installment this time. Part of Rio 2016 qualifying period, all their finest shuttlers like Lee YD/Yoo YS, Sung Ji Hyun, Son Wan Ho, Ko SH/Kim HN fulfill the line-up and expected to scoop all titles at Sunday’s final.

Top two seed are occupied by home players, current world #10 Son Wan Ho and their former number one Lee Hyun Il, barring any upsets both of them will meet up on finale, tough task for last year winner Lee DK to defend his title. Local young hopeful, Jeon Hyeok Jin, Heo Kwang Hee are expected to spring some upsets here against foreign participants. Not many strong MS attend this event, INA registered their future MS, Mustofa, Christie, Ginting and similar case with China who send Huang YX, Qiao B, Shi YQ to gain more experience.

Two Korean leading ladies, Sung Ji Hyun and Bae Yeon Ju will be the favourite to top podium here, their main challenger will be China #4 Sun Yu as Japan only bring back-up WS, Imabeppu, Sato, Ohori, Mine, etc but the resilient Japanese WS often deliver stiff resistance and trouble their higher-ranked opponent.

MD discipline most likely will be dominated by home top three pairs, Lee YD/Yoo YS who scored unbeaten record since Japan SS last September, former world champion Ko SH/Shin BC and recent KOR SS runner-up Kim GJ/Kim SR. Second layer combinations from INA and CHN, Nayaka/Yusuf, Sukamuljo/Gideon, Li JH/Liu YC, Wang YL/Zhang W will try to defy all odds and spark some intriguing encounters here.

Top seed Japanese WD, Matsuo/Naito will get stern test from powerful and dangerous home new combinations, Chang YN/Lee SH, DEN Premier champion Jung KE/Shin SC, Chae YJ/Kim SY also second seed Go AR/Yoo HW as well. China only represented by 1 pair here, fresh scratch pair Huang Dongping/Ou Dongni. Huang DP won THA GP Gold recently partnered with Li Yinhui while Ou DN topped SIN SS podium with Yu Xiaohan.

Local star, the in-form Ko SH/Kim HN who bagged back to back SS in Eurupean tour is overwhelming favourite to snatch another top prize among other contenders in this category, Dremin/Dimova, Huang KX/Huang DP, Alexander/Oktaviani and their compatriot current THA GP Gold winner, Choi SG/Eom HW.

First Round highlights :
    - Ihsan Maulana Mustofa (INA) v Heo Kwang Hee (KOR)
    - Aya Ohori (JPN) v Shen Yaying (CHN)
    - Fitriani (INA) v Bae Yeon Ju (KOR)
    - Chen HL/Wang CL (TPE) v Kazuno/Yamada (JPN)
    - Choi SG/Eom HW (KOR) v Liu YC/Ou DN (CHN)

The tournament will kick-off tomorrow with qualification (10.00am local time, 5 courts) and XD R/32 later on the evening (05.00pm) : http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...8CB674-5B18-413D-95AA-DAA3D67D22C1&d=20151103

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

LYD/YYS should just withdraw to give their compatriots Kim/Kim a chance to win a title at home.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Hmmm..... I must admit that I am extremely glad that the tournament is finally held at one of the Asia country as it follows the Asia time zone which is very suitable for Asia people like me. Why not? The timing of the matches held will also be suitable for Asia viewers. To be honest I never knew that Korea have so many badminton players. If not because of this tournament being held at jeonju, Korea I wouldn't even know it. Only a few players are send for tournaments elsewhere and the same old players are being send most of the time. Most of the Korea badminton players who are participating in this Jeonju open I didn't even know who they are as I have never heard of their name before. :p

Anyway all the best to the players who will be participating in this tournament. Good luck.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The qualifying match is still on going. Just checked the qualifying matches result and I am quite impressed with the performance of the players thus far. Something in the result caught my eye hence I did some research online. I found out that this newly formed Malaysia MD, Tan Kian Meng / Teo Ei Yi are playing their first match first tournament together. Found out that Tan Kian Meng is a former MS player. He has been told to switch from MS to play in XD recently. Then wow what a surprise he is playing as MD too. This is only his first time playing in MD and he trashed his opponent flat 21-11 21-8. Wow this is an unbelievable result. Never expect him to win the match with such a huge margin.

I also found out that he had only played for 3 XD tournaments this year together with Peck Yen Wei and both already won a silver and bronze medals. Amazing. Then for this tournament he is told to play with another new partner Lai Pei Jing. Oh wow. I asked my Korean friends and they all told me that this Tan Kian Meng is a very good and versatile player. Thus he has been transform from a MS to a XD player. Now he is going to play in MD as well. Amazing. My Korean friends said that this player had a very bright future and can go very far to be a successful player because he is a very hardworking and diligent player. Wow good for him. Hope Tan Kian Meng can continue to win more gold medals in the tournament that he has participated. Good luck. All the best.

#4 blabl, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I will post the updated results here. Hope the tournament will go on smoothly without any interference. I also hope to see a better organisation of the game from the organiser this time.

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

btw how tall is that Tan Kian Meng? coz he's quite tall tho...

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

He is quite tall, my friend told me that he is 1.86 cm tall. Considered tall as an Asia player. At the same time he is a very versatile player too. He can play very well regardless of who he is partnered with. Wow my friends said he is really a very good player.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Most of qualifiers are home players, it's like KOR national championships :D

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes totally agreed with you. I myself also got a shock when I saw so many Korean player name there.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

nvm, he just lost in MD, now he has to focus on XD tonight...

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
  12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked the name of the participants for this tournament and found out that it is full of Korea players. I must admit that 70% of the participants for this tournament are from Korea. Well guess we may have to change the name of the tournament to Korea players tournament after all. :D

Well I am actually expecting Korea to win at least 3 gold medals this time because Korea is the only country that send in top tier players for this tournament and 70% of the participants are from Korea therefore they surely hold the advantage to win. Other countries only send in their reserve or back up third tier players to this tournament so of course Korea has a great advantage to win.

#12 blabl, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay the matches have ended earlier than the scheduled timing which is good. The used of 5 courts for this match is good as it helps to speed up the matches. Very good. The schedule for tomorrow is already out and the matches will start at 10.00 am Korea timing. I am so glad to know that all the tournaments starting from this week onwards will be held at Asia country which is more suitable for Asia viewers. The match have ended half an hour ago which is very good. The last match ended at 7.45 pm Korea time which is not even night time yet. That is why it is just so good to have the tournaments held at Asia country which is more suitable for badminton lovers as most of the badminton lovers and supporters come from Asia country.

#13 blabl, Nov 3, 2015
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

ROUND OF 32 (09.00am local time, 5 court) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...8CB674-5B18-413D-95AA-DAA3D67D22C1&d=20151104

Day-2 matches are already started, MS top contenders are expected to breeze past their first round opponent, we'll see some intriguing MS R/32 ties later on this evening (07.50pm).

An early upset created by the unseeded home XD, Kim DE/Yoo HW who stunned second seed Russian pair, Dremin/Dimova, 21-14 / 19-21 / 21-14.

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Jonathan christie injured ?. He showed his nose and then pointed the court (something to nose bleeding? ), then umpire called doctor and is being treated.

#15 Baddyforall, Nov 3, 2015
  16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

MS R/64 is almost over, 3rd seed Hsu JH was sent packing early, lost surprisingly to the lesser-known home player, Kim MK. The battle of two promising youngsters, Mustofa v Heo KW won by 2013 World Junior Champion, too late comeback by the Indonesian at game 2 when trailed behind 7-19 to 13-19 as Heo sealed the match, 21-18 / 21-13.

Some interesting MS R/32 to follow :
    - Anthony Ginting (INA) v Qiao Bin (CHN)
    - Lee Dong Keun (KOR) v Guo Kai (CHN)
    - Zulfadli Zulkiffli (MAS) v Riichi Takeshita (JPN)
    - Huang Yuxiang (CHN) v Kazumasa Sakai (JPN)
    - Sony Dwi Kuncoro (INA) v Jeon Hyeok Jin (KOR)

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes confirmed that Jonathan Christie is injured. Too bad this had to happen at such a crucial time.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes I just checked through the scores for today and found out some scores with huge marginal win.

1. Zulfadli Zulkifli own Shin Kyung Deuk 21-5 21-4.

2. Byun Jong Soo won Eisenhower Lee 21-5 21-6.

3. Sony Dwi Kuncoro won Han Seong Yeop 21-8 21-9

4. Huang Yuxiang won Choi Min Su 21-5 21-10.

To be honest I never expect to see such a win with huge marginal scores today. Wow had a great laugh too. :D

#18 blabl, Nov 3, 2015
  19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Huge PROTEST BY SATO!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE FEELS ROBBED BY THE LINE JUDGE AND REFUSES TO PLAY AGAIN.........18-19....in the decider it happened......

20. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Sato returns after so much drama....and she won the next two points in fury.........20-all