Jeonju Victor KOREA Masters GP Gold 2015 : Qualifying-FINAL (3rd-8th November 2015)

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by CLELY, Nov 2, 2015.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Just look at Sun Yu's recent performance at SGP...

[video=youtube;BONNxqKgyLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BONNxqKgyLY[/video]

Sun Yu and Zhang Ning have done their maths very carefully. Sun Yu will stay at no. 11 for a while...

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think even if Sun Yu from now is ranked higher than the other three CHN WS, LXR, WSX and WYH, I believed LYB will not budge unless she suddenly goes on a superb winning streak taking the upcoming SS/PSS titles and beating the best of the rest if the world consistently. Do you think that's going to happen?

Today's loss to Sayaka Sato is another flop of Sun Yu's in recent times after narrowly upsetting Tai TY at the OUE SIN Open. The way she lost to Sung JH in their last encounter is also worrisome,including her tame defeat to Marin; Sung was doing exactly to Sun Yu what she herself should have done with the height and reach advantage as well as her build.

I understand what you're driving at but it sounds like a conspiracy theory, am not buying it. To me, she is at best CHN WS #4, and with her current shortcomings and vulnerabilities exposed, not addressed yet, I doubt LYB will take the risk. She has her work cut out for herself, it certainly takes time and persistent effort to overcome her weaknesses, won't be in time for Rio 2016, I'm afraid.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    THank you. That's a a very good analysis.

But looking at the ranking history chart alone, Zhang Ning obviously planned to have Sun Yu stay at exactly no. 11 on purpose. Wouldn't u agree?

Chart_TopRanking_473_2795C3EB-DEFB-4CF7-9B24-681239B6CB85_1033.png

Why else would a player stay at the exact ranking for such long period a time (other than on purpose)?

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, Shin/Chae showed good fighting spirit despite their more favoured compatriot managed big lead at decider. Third title in a row for Ko SH/Kim HN after back to back Superseries in Europe soil. Both MD and WD also finished with narrow margin at third game while in MS category the younger Lee DK has stronger stamina than his 35 years old senior Lee HI.

An anti-climax for Sun Yu, she played excellently in semifinal but she couldn't repeat same feat against Sayaka Sato who more aggressive than her, first GP Gold title for the Japanese #6, there're 6 JPN WS in top-20, looks like Japan has many options for Uber Cup next year.

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I think He bingjiao is more talented than Sun yu. Today morning, she defeated Saena kawakami in junior world team championships semifinals.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I tend to agree with you.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nevertheless, on Lee Hyun Il, he is an evergreen, if there is such a thing as Five Heavenly Kings during Lin Dan's era, I'd count him as the fifth one.

But right now, of course, there are only two left, after Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat's retirements. So at the moment, I'd say there are at most three Heavenly Kings, Lin Dan, Lee CW, and Chen Long - and the three of them are in Chen Long's Dragon era.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For your info, Lee Hyun Il has a nickname in China, “小李飞刀” - for those who read Chinese martial arts novels you'd know what it means, literally translated as " Flying Dagger Xiaoli ".

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Correct.. I couldn't relate to the event at all.. I mean we all know how stubborn and never say die kinda lady Bar is.. She lacked everything yes everything.. Forget about her defense even the placement shots the punch clears weren't well put!! It wasn't only a bad day in fact Bae is having a bad season. Its not the first time she was tamed (but yes Sun YU tamed her the best)..

10. Smautf

Smautf Regular Member

...agree, but let's offer a BC rosette to Sato too - a robust performance with some pleasing variation new to her game.

smautf

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Especially the match when the unpleasant line judgement almost robbed the match from her fists!! An extraordinary performance improving her performance's graph in every aspect possible... Cheers

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Xiao Li Fei Dao by Gu Long, this wuxia novel is really famous :D