Japan Open 2006: FINALS (15/10)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by badMania, Oct 14, 2006.

1. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yes, atm with Taufik's current attitude (which is really starting to get on my nerves because I think he's an excellent player and I REALLY want to see him play to his full potential) LCW is definitely LD's biggest threat (possibly CJ soon though?). LCW really fights, Taufik must get his head sorted.

I mean, despite losing to CH, I was really impressed with Taufik during WC06. He was doing his best, he never gave up. He seemed to have just the right attitude. I've come to the conclusion that not only his game is unpredictable, but also his attitude. At one tournament he may be just like the other top players - always fighting, a true sportsman. While at another he may, walk out, give up, or just act like he really doesn't care. Of course I like the Taufik that played at the WC more than the Taufik that played tonight at the JO (could it be because he did not play LD at the WC? He only seems to be like this when playing LD). You never know which Taufik will turn up to which tournament :). It's like he's got a split personality. Maybe we should start calling him "Taufik 1" and "Taufik 2" depending on his attitude at any given tournament :).

#841 phaarix, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

oops sorry, ....... I mess-up with Invitational World Cup.

3. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    whahahah lin dan my hero!! jump smasher non-stop... can anyone beat him?
    he seems unbeatable at all..

this is the fitness of the world number 1!:D winning so many tournaments a year and the most number of tournaments any plyer can be compared to- LIN DAN>>>>> woooo 97 sit ups per minute.... beat him in sit ups first !

good game for taufik, i respect him,

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I'm amazed at LD, he's pretty much become the Roger Federer of Badminton! He rarely ever loses!

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

After disappointed by Taufik's attitude, yup i should say LCW and CJ is LD's only threat in the future. Both have great skills and hv "nvr say die" attitude. And the most important thing is, while LD is already at his peak, both of them r still much improving! Lets see wat happens in Olym 08'. :rolleyes:

6. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Congrats to Lin Dan! He is so fit that anyone else can hardly beat him.

7. yingcheng

yingcheng Regular Member

yup...i saw taufik on the winners stand....with no interaction between taufik & lindan on the stand of coz...

for the WD, Gao/Huang won by 2-0

8. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Heh, WD seems to have been almost completely lost in the midst of all the TH vs LD drama :D.

9. cindie

cindie Regular Member

I think he did play to his full potential just now, in the JO final (except for the 3rd set). He just couldn't beat LD.

10. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah, current form taken into consideration, I believe he did (2nd set included). I have no doubt in my mind that Lin Dan is better overall right now. Taufik could have won, but I always knew deep down that Lin Dan would come out on top in this match. He always does seem to win in the end :p.

11. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Well Done Lin Dan!

he did well to win the Japan Open this year! :) Jia You! I wasn't very pleased with TH! :mad: no sportsmanship! :mad: I hope LD keeps on winning titles! :D

12. Baderz_Jas

what a WS final! I must buy the dvd (from Han :D ), well my mum must buy it! :D Well done Zhang Ning. XXF, nearly made another golden couple! :) so unlucky! 29-30 :eek:

13. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

you know, watching it (delayed) live made it all the worse. a majority of us (myself included) nearly had a heart attack :D :p ;) . it was just :eek: :eek: :eek: but great fun to watch

14. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

dang!!!!miss the whole thing.....at least i found out lin dan won:)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, i know what you're trying to get across, but IMO, this sounds a bit conflicting...If TH "did play to his full potential", then why only give it his all thru 2 sets?? What happened in the 3rd set??..Esp. that 3rd set, boy, with him just giving away points after points, it's almost ridiculous. IMO, it's so obvious that most likely he only gave 2/3 effort, not the "full potential".:p ;)

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, to the statement i've highlighted in bold, i've got to say the difference in last yr's WC & this JO was Taufik readiness, physically and mentally(of course coupled that with LD's energy-sapping 3 setters match in the Semis). These 2 go hand in hand, without one, esp. being physically ready(fit), it's going to be tough. Because in this sport, esp. MS badminton, in order for one to "fight" and "compete fully", one must have enough endurance/be physically ready.;)

#856 ctjcad, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Should he shut it down the rest of the year??..

hehe, you know what, you might be right, cos the Muslim's holy month/fasting period of Ramadan is coming up within 2 weeks or so...So, perhaps Taufik will have other more important plans in his agenda and schedule..:confused: :rolleyes: ;) ..With that said, with the Ramadan period abt to commence in 2 weeks time (and will last basically the whole month November) and the AG in December, what are the chances Taufik will be committed to train and get himself ready/in shape to compete??..hmm:rolleyes: :p ;)

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hehe, i must add : esp. against an opponent who is well known to be quite fit and a hard worker..;) :)

19. Baderz_Jas

IMO, LD always do this to his opponents... 1st set he plays steadily and occasionally he plays some fast rallies. 2nd set he still plays steadily but a little bit faster, then... 3rd set (if he has to play it) he goes all-in and his opponent just can't keep up. Then he wins :D :p Which is what he did to TH today. :)

20. IIeSumirat

IIeSumirat Regular Member

Nope, we are just in the middle (more than half way) of Ramadan. It will end October 23 (Iedl Fitr). I don't know if Taufik is fasting or not. But, having said that, I don't think his lost has anything todo with his being fasting (or not). It's just he dislikes LD so much, but unfortunately he responsed it in a negative way.. somehow he has to outlet this chemical reaction inside his body, if cannot in positive way, then so be it in negative way, which you all refer to as "lack of sportmanship". It would be interesting if Taufik write a Memoir about what he thinks and his feeling on each highlight of his career after he retired, since we would not get that easily as long as he is still active. Better yet, ask Rizal Mantovani to make movie about him, it ll be a commercial success I guess.

I think it will be better for Taufik to play against LD more often, to get use of this feeling and overcome it in a positive way. This is his last hurdle in his process being a grown-up player. In this spirit, China Open will be good for him.