Japan Open 2006: FINALS (15/10)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by badMania, Oct 14, 2006.

1. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    rather than filming a talented player becoming successful, i'd like to see the hardworking and training LD becoming a winner beating the talented TH

thats just me though, afterall, whats good in a movie when the protagonist come in and beat everyone anyways?

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

If that the reason, Taufik should retire. For a sportman, there is not a small or big events. You had to do your best if you already participate in a tournament.

The best and current example is : XXF.

She just win WC 2006 title. And in Japan Open, she reach final and meet ZN. If she choose to play lazily and give the title to ZN, LYB probably would not scold her, cause the WS title already for Chinese ladies.

Not to mention, next week there will be a big tournament in her country. She can save lots of energy and play the best in China Open.

But if she play like Taufik?

The heck no! Even if she just win big title, even if she met her own teammates and even if next week is China Open, she play all of her best. By playing 3 sets with a dramatic lost 29-30 in third set.

Thats a true sportman attitude, never to give up or choose how to play, serious or playful . You always play 100% seriously and give all your best.

Taufik already play in final of a tournament. Its really a shame that he just gave up the third set cause he already tired meanwhile LD still fresh. What kind of attitude is that.

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Agree with you 100% :D

4. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

So for MS, the most consistant players must be: LD and LCW. The axample is WC 2006 and JO 2006.

Although LCW lost both events in SF but he reach the final four twice. That cannot be said for BCL, Chen Hong, Peter G and Taufik.

And for LD. What can anyone said now? (specially LD haters?) He had a stamina like a horse. :D

In 3 week , 2 big tournaments back to back, he reach the final and won both of them. Also he defeat 4 of top players . From Chen Hong, Bao Chun Lai, Peter Gade and Taufik. Other players must be exhausted to boot.

THen next week China Open. Can he made it three times in a row? Not to mention he had to play probably a fresh BCL in SF and even fresher CJ in final?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What more can Taufik be more motivated to play??..

thanks for your input and rectification(on Ramadan period, as i remember usually it lasts thru November), IIeSumirat..btw, you're not the great Iie Sumirat, are you??..:rolleyes: ;) :)
    Well, re your comment i've highlighted in bold, i thought Taufik already said it quite a few times(seriously or not), that he wants to challenge LD etc2. Now, what?? He's already in the Finals against LinDan, then he gave up??..I think there's more to that and there's a reason behind him for simply "giving up"..Besides, it's not like this is his 1st or 2nd time facing LD, so i'm sure he knows/quite familiar with LD's game by now..
    And last, re your comment that "China Open will be good for Taufik", uuhm, the JO was IMO, Taufik's best chance to grab a title and win over LD before the CO, yet he was a disappointment..Thus I highly doubt he'll give his best there, even if he does participate....Unless the CHN MS players tanked their game and just let Taufik have his way around(gud forbid)..:rolleyes: :p ;)

6. IIeSumirat

IIeSumirat Regular Member

No, I am not the great Iie, just take his name to remind us that Iie Sumirat is TH's first and greatest teacher in badminton, besides a great player himself in his time. He is the first who spotted TH talent when TH was still a kid.
    On TH vs LD dynamic, I would devide their 6 or 7 head-to-heads into 2 periods. The first is when TH didn't feel any fears at all towards LD and when the scoring system was still 15, he was unbeatable by LD. The second period, was that when the 21 system becomes official last year and TH started to feel this fears towards LD (either due to new scoring, or due to the fact LD has found a way to beat him and becomes stronger mentally). So this new feeling only started in his last 2 or 3 matches against LD, not enough to unlearn it. That's what I meant with playing more against LD is necessary to get use to and unlearn this mental hurdle, that's why CO ll be good, if he can meet LD again. LD has completed his process of unlearning his fears from TH in the first period of their h2h. Now is TH's turn.

7. IIeSumirat

IIeSumirat Regular Member

B.t.w, Ramadan month shifts about 20 days earlier each year. So next year will start somewhere in August.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So, the "blame" also goes to the NSS for Taufik's recent failures vs. LinDan??..

hmm, i see i see..So basically you are "pointing" to the new scoring system as one of the "goat" for Taufik's recent failures(esp. to LD, which i believe they have only met 2x using this NSS)..Yet, since the inception of the NSS (actually it was first used this past April in the TC/UC), Taufik was :
    -able to win the IO(against BCL) with the new scoring system,
    -beat Ng Wei in the opening rd of the WC..
    -then went to 3 sets against CH in the recent WC,
    -then defeated BCL in the 1st round in the JO(in 3 sets),
    -then won in straight sets against LCW in the Semis in JO but
    -then was just overcame with "fear" against LD?!?!, after winning the 1st set and gave a good fight in the 2nd set??..hmm..:confused: :rolleyes: :p

#868 ctjcad, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

thanks again for clarifying that(to us not-familiar with it)...and no, don't get me wrong, i'm not one who will take the current Ramadan period of fasting as Taufik's downfall in this JO..;)

10. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

only for you mal fans :p
    for many others, would rather see 2 real first class players like TH and LD.

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Right since LCW is so "2nd class", why he is only one which LD have trouble even to smash down a point because he knew LD's game too well & only him has the stamina matches LD :eek:. Well as u said the "1st class player" game, which had actually turned out to be a great dissapointment.....

12. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

claim him as a 1st class after winning sth other than home tournaments; both TH and LD did many times already. LCW lost to TH in 30 minmutes. TH and LD went to the rubber set.

13. Hot-screensaver

Hot-screensaver Regular Member

How come LCW can only win in Malaysia? Really disappointed with him... beef up LCW!!

14. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

not in awe of, but awaiting :D

15. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    hey come on..... give him support la... he has been under trendmendous pressure recently... non other singles can support him during tournament.. thats why he always loses....

16. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

....or maybe Jekyll and Hyde? :p :p

17. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

i don't really classify myself as a Malaysian fan. sure, i love LCW and CTF/LWW, but i also love PG, TH, LHI, KJ apart from the Chinese squad

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Best match of the finals: Without any doubt the women's singles final, specifically the final game.

I know there are many jibes about how the women's game is dominated by China and it's all boring and stuff, but to be honest, the women's singles and doubles were the more interesting matches in the final even if they were all-Chinese.

The WS singles final showed the two best women in the world (and probably also the most equal rivalry in history) not giving an inch to the opponent even though they themselves physically suffer by having to tread that extra inch. The climax (last point of the match) was a cracker both because it was a great smash down the line and also because it happened so abruptly as a return of serve whereas most of the other points were long-drawn energy-sapping rallies. Great advertisement for badminton and also the 21-point system. Poor Zhang and Xie. I bet they have never play a 59-rally game before.

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

'Surprising given by Flandy/Vita!', there's one of headline news in cover-page of KOMPAS today edition (16/10/06). They're so fascinating to stand on winner-podium after beat WC silver and bronze medalists-2x Olympic Champ en route to final round. Yesterday,they did it again crashed former WChamp and their compatriot Nova/Lilyana who must became a loser this time. Gosh,really impressive triumphant! And the other side in KOMPAS sport-page set a big-title : "Again, Taufik defeated on Lin Dan's hand."-- TH frustrated at the 3rd set with his humiliation end score 21-3. What's up to him? Nobody knows exactly, I guess.Only TH himself understands for this failure. Was he fatigue or was it one of his strategy to give-up??Everyone has self-opinion about his lost.Anyway,congratulations for all the winners! Credit for LD, 6 title and only 3x lost in 2006 so far -- What a brilliant record in recently hard competition probably almost same level with Tennis Master FEDererEXpress! Also for collaboration pair T/C,amazing performance in Tokyo, never lose one set on their victory!

20. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Hey, actually LCW wasn't in good form during the WC in madrid and also in Japan. He made ways too many errors and Taufik himself was surprisd too that he can win so easily.I think LCW has peaked before the WC.