Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

VIPs gone to deal the backlash after losing in semi la.
    How to save face and such.

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Well norza...they came up short in the CG. What you gonna do now?

3. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I've actually just checked on the BAM website and all of them are actually right-handed. Yes, all 14 of them.

pajrul likes this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The title of this thread is "is BAM going in the right direction"

Never expected it to be referring to righthanders.

Forestal likes this.
  6. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

what happened exactly? VIP went missing?

7. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Misbun with his old-school focus on badminton basics might be good for the juniors, or at least for training the juniors for senior/pro compeitions...

CHN has an almost completely broken "ladder/tier" system now since under Li Yongbo, juniors were selected/trained SPECIFICALLY based on their ability to follow the "10-year-series" like Lin Dan (0), Chen Long (Shi Yuqi), Zhang Ning (Chen Yufei) -- there is/was no way for them to adjust/counter a flurry of different playing-styles like say in WS with Sindhu's, Tai Tzu Ying's, Okuhara's, etc., because their juniors actually have pretty poor/average basics (for senior/pro competition)...

I mean, there's a reason why Chinese badminton commentators on tv (vs live-streamers) don't even know how to describe/ commentate on INA/MAS/KOR/IND badminton techniques/strategies except with words like "unreasonable", "inefficient", etc. (i.e. they are trained to think such techniques/strategies are "wrong")...

#2647 Forestal, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I do agree with you about the new tactics and skills in badminton, plus badminton are maturing towards Tennis which the coaches have to cater training and tactics according to players’ abilities. However, although Misbun is old school but let see if he can adapt, cause he got experience and I believe he can see the changes in the world scene better than average joes.

9. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

As should they, did they even realized that they are under contracts? They should behave professionally, and what do they want by unsubtly mocking the higher officials?

Perform well no, win something once in a while no, lose always. How about they prove something first, because they have absolutely disappointing. Criticisms are fine but considering their position and situation (failing to get into final despite high seed in CWG), they should not do that.

10. Master

Master Regular Member

Norza should be happy after all...

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I guess they learn from example and their examples to follow are the higher officials.

If you have a head teacher who is goes absent very often when supposedly on official duty, people see and follow ......

I don't think you can criticise the players if the officials are setting a bad example. If the officials are there supporting through good times and bad, then you can criticise the players and coaches.

12. Master

Master Regular Member

When I try to use another point of view, I could accept that the players posted that in their social media. If they didn't, we won't know if the official didn't attend the bronze medal matches AND if they lost in that bronze medal matches, the public will blame the players for no medal at XD and MD.

So, it's 50-50 in my opinion. Both of the officials and the players made mistakes there AND Norza should give warning to himself and also other officials OR just making a clarification why at that time the officials weren't attend the match.

The way Norza inform and do the press conference to media that they warned the players also isn't a good sign. They could give the warning in their internal meeting and call them to speak with Norza directly.

OR they forget the beyond effect afterall.

Baddyforall and Cheung like this.
  13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Even in India , you can't ask questions to higher authorities. If you do, they will find a way to tackle you. But in Malaysia, they gone overboard. Publicly, he threatens action against players who voice their concerns.

14. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Then they should have discussed privately instead of asking for attention. Asking opinions from mob is not good.
    This is a professional association, you have something, you send letter of criticism, not an instagram-sarcasm post.
    BAM have the authority to send the letter of warning, as players don't have the permission to do that in public.
    I hope they learn their mistake and never do that again. Be a role model.

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Malaysia as of now only have 4 representatives who can consistently progress past the first round in a reasonably competitive field.

Lee Chong Wei (MS), Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong (MD), Goh Soon Huat/Shevon Lai (XD) and Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (XD)

All of them are 27 years or above except for Shevon Lai - we're literally looking at zero in the very near future.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Maybe they don't get a chance to voice themselves. To be honest, the boss is there to protect his guys. However behind the scenes he can reprimand all he wants. I agree that if Norza is publicly criticising the players on this, he is not being professional or very responsible himself. He shows a poor EQ towards his people.

People only want to be treated fairly. You treat people unfairly or do not support them, they get demoralised. When they get demoralised, they walk away of their own accord.

If the players make mistakes in their judgement, use an internal mechanism but don't hang your dirty washing out in public. Norza should know better as he is the experienced head of the organisation, not a youngish hotshot.

*edit* later I will move the relevant posts into the BAM thread .. This particular side topic is not the subject of this thread.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Fact. Players can use Social Media as they wish. They have the RIGHT to criticise/lambast their bosses there if it warrants such. BAM fans need to open up a bit. I agree with Goh V Shem, Tan Wee Kiong and Goh Soon Huat expressing deep concern on the said platform.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Never stopped Jwala. LOL

Baddyforall likes this.
  19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Here is a nice way to solve the issue..

The Thomas and Uber Cup will be held in Thailand. Win or lose, it would be great for officials(VIPs) and team to have photos together before and after matches. Show and support team spirit !