Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

Heard Antonsen and Axelsen is training at ABM in Malaysia. Ng Tze Yong also spared with Antonsen this week, it should be good for him to test his skills against the best. NTY is also undergoing 6 hour training a day for the rest of December. I hope he will muscle up a bit by January next year.

2. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  4. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I think Wong Choon Han, Roslin & Hafiz Hashim also trained under him & also I think Justin is under Misbun during his junior days.

Cheung likes this.
  5. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

BAM has no leadership. The top official doesn't have the ability to lead. The performance director and coaches are just going through the motion. The players lack in talent, work ethics and discipline. There must be a valid reason why LCW doesn't want to commit 100% to Malaysian badminton. The heck with it, i'm done with badminton! Too distress to watch!

6. LeeRey

LeeRey Regular Member

Sports Analyst
    I want to think that the players are not that great and no many talent across. They are mostly secondary players and not highly rated in the world circuit. Not sure why people are so upset. Unless the players are good and have great ability to win tournaments, fans should be upset if they lose, but in the MAS team case, most are just challengers but not podium winners so don't be upset. They are already doing well challenging the top players from China, Korea and Japan.
    As for LCW not wanting to commit, I want to think that a great player does not mean they will be good coach. Most likely the opposite most of the time. And in his case, he has limited English vocab ability (which happens to most MAS players where Mandarin is the dominant language). English speaking ability is core medium instruction for international coaching staffs/committees when dealing with WBF so how do you expect him to relay his ideas across the badminton world, what's more to the MAS Team where there are some non-Chinese players.

7. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

Thanks for your kind inputs but it ain't what I'm looking for.

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

young pair Kang Khai Xing/Aaron Tai just won a MD title in TOYOTA International Challenge 2024 today, congrats and well done...

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This is a good move for player development.

We might even see BWF renaming the world junior championships to World U19 Championships.

https://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmi...or-senior-national-badminton-squad-only-world

"Because I believe the assimilation from junior to senior should be seamless. We used to say, you are junior, you are junior. When they go to the senior level, they get shocked.

"So that when they fight, they actually fight for glory, they just fight, they go inside there...It doesn't matter whether they are 18 or 16," he said.