Iran fajr international series 2009(05/2-08/2)

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by limsy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh, well..

..that's too bad. But hopefully Iran's team will be able to make it for the U.S. Open (they should have plenty of time, abt 5 months, to apply for visas).:cool:
    *Thanks all for providing the updated news.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    2day tasha played with yasaman from iran n win...
    Vivian with aram from iran n win...
    2mr they have double with mina n golnaz from iran...

this is the only result i can get now...sorry...

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...lim fang yang and kuan kam chung also won...but have no detail abt their opponent...sorry...:(

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    surprisely...i been informed tat the canada team is not in the tournament...:eek:...
    i dunno the reason and now still asking...:(

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    vivian lost to a player from turkey(she is indonesian...:(...):crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
    tasah won...
    wd also won...

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the result for boy...
    still need comfirm...
    the only thing i know is...one of them lost to iran player...

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

hmm...well this iran player played in olympic...name:kaveh mehrabi...

8. Jr Supporter

Jr Supporter New Member

Hi, Lim
    I'm new in ths forum, can I know how you get all the result of Iran International series. ??

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...i have a friend in iran national squad...she told me...as i ask...
    and...i have msn with 3 out of 4 player tat bam send to iran...

btw...u arent new...u are 2 year earlier than me as bcer...faint

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1 more thing tat i 1 2 complain is...they didnt have the draw in internet...all are printed...and each player have 1 i think...:mad:...so sad...i duno even know who vs who...:crying:...

11. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

sad vivian lost but now she is more focus on wd since her coach change her to wd. so hope she can win wd

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, u have a friend in iran national team??:eek:

13. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

limsy have friend in every part of d world u knw.hehe

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well...sorry...yesterday...internet have problem...lim fang yang lost yesterday...kuan kam chung won...

15. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

USA Badminton denied entry to Iran

Out of curiosity why wasn't 2008 US Open womens singles champion and 2009 US team member Lili Zhou there? I have never seen 3 of the members on the team Tina, rachael and Kim, who are they and where did they come from? Is USA badminton selecting favorites and passing over people who should be representing? Shannon Pohl is another top player from the USA who is missing She had the top womens singles ranking in the world (83 in the World badminton federation)

16. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I got some good e-mails!!!

17. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Here is another example of how USABad never seems to get fixed with
    the help of the USOC, or rather with the lack of action by the USOC. They
    have the Board of Directors resign only to continue with the status quo.

As you read this, (if you do) keep in mind that no one can enter any tournament
    on the world tour unless the entry is done by USAB. They know of every move by every US player. They have to. Also there have been problems with what Dr. Fogarty refers to as the "GANG" or "Gangsters" for 10 years now and that is what led the USOC to cut the funding of USAB. If this was a TV show it would have to be fiction/farce. Years and thousands of $$ wasted trying to inspire the USOC to get USAB to abide by actual rules/laws instead of indicts.

It would be nice if some news outfit decided to look into this. Now we have the USA Federal Government involved in the wasting of funds because they relied on the USAB/USOC, who based on Shannon's letter picked a team and admin's who did not belong based on world rankings or international experience. You have to get visas in advance for any trip let alone Iran. It is not like going into Cuba where you pay at the gate!

Anyway, enjoy!

D

18. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Here is the latest thread regarding USAB and the USOC methods of denying athletes the right to compete. The USOC's has actually conspired with USAB to deny Shannon Pohl her right to qualify or attempt to qualify for the 2009 World Championships.
    Shannon is the #2 ranked USA Player from the United States.
    However Dan Cloppas at USABadminton, in colusion with the USOC selected athletes to compete in a World Championship qualifying event. The USOC colludes/conspires with USAB due to force USAB to comply with USOC Bylaw.
    We have always known USAB is run by Gangsters. I just everyone to see that the USOC has conspired with USAB to deny Shannon her right to attempt to qualify for the 2009 WOrld Championships. It is more apparent than ever that the USOC is part of the gang(they call it the "status quo"). Imagine living in the delusional world of the USOC and getting paid to be delusional.

Warm regards,

M

19. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Not only that but Dan had the nerve to call me up and ask for help with the planning after not inviting me. I was happy to help but obviously devistated that I wasn't invited as I could really use the poitns towards World Championship qualification. When I pressed Dan about the selection process (with the State Department on the line) he told me only the Female Olympians and the top 3 finishers at jr. nationals were invited. Then I found out that this was a complete lie as Tiffanie Kimura and another girl who are too old for Juniors were selected. Never mind the fact that Tiffanie Kimura has a stress fracture and was " too injured" to even play the Indiana Open or singles at the Mayor Daley's Sports Festival and that she has no international ranking (like many the girls invited). Not to mention that Paisan and Dan signed up for the "free trip" to the tournament despite the fact that they will not be allowed into the facility at any point when any of the women are competing. It is illegal in Iran for men to watch women play sports and all officials, coaches, and spectators have to be women with no cameras, videos, or cell phones allowed. Apparently, it's more important that Dan goes on another free vacation (like his trip to the Chicago 2016 Mayor Daley's Sports Festival which he had no purpose at) than to fund athletes that actually deserve the funding to get valuable points towards World Championship qualification. (Many of these girls being sent have no chance to qualify as they have no international ranking to speak of.) Dan knew that men weren't allowed into the facility in advance as I told them in a conference call with the State Department where they grilled me with questions about laws, how to get a visa, treatment, the tournament, etc. I also told Dan and the State Department about the difficulties to get visas to Iran. Dan was surprised to learn that a "baseball cap" wouldn't be appropriate as a head covering in iran. Dan also claimed that "yeah you're right shannon it would ahve been a good idea to invite you we didn't think of it and didn't know you went last year". Uh huh? Who do you think entered me into the tournament last year? USA Badminton! Dan conveniently waited to get my help with their logistics until it was too late to enter the tournament and add me to the list of participants. Dan also claimed that he thought i was retired despite the fact that we had just had a lengthy conversation at Mayor Daley's Sports Festival in Chicago about how I want to keep playign as much as I can but it depends on funding (as I am $93,000 in debt from my Olympic quest) but i'd like to try to make the world championships. I also reminded him that I have never submitted any letter of resignation and furthermore I recently got 3rd at the Pan Am Championships this season.

As USA and Iran have no diplomatic relations, one must get a visa in a foreign country at an Iranian embassy(maybe they were trynig to get it in Dubai? I'm not sure). I got my visa in Copenhagen. I find it hard to believe though that they would get on a plane to the middle east without sending a representative to another country to get the visas in hand first. I'm not sure. I'm sure we'll find out more but here is the latest news story from the front page of MSNBC:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29010526

S
    [/FONT]

20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

http://www.onenewsnow.com/AP/Search/World/Default.aspx?id=408696

There is a lot of history behind this story.

1. Shannon Pohl - US badminton player successfully entered Iran last year and played in the Iran Open badminton tournament. It made headlines all over Iran and it gave them so much publicity that they wanted her to come back the next year.

2. Iran Badminton Assoc. contacted USA Badminton and asked them to send a team. The US state department found out about it and decided they were going to get involved because it would be great for relations with US and Iran. They decided to pick up the bill to send 8 US players and 4 officials.

3. USA Badminton has never sent 4 officials to any tournament ever!! they have no money. they saw a free opportunity to get a free trip to Iran and they all took advantage of the government and the government let them.

4. The USOC turned their head to how the US picked their team for Iran. The Iran Open is a qualification tournament for the World championships. Their are rules on how teams are picked to go to these tournaments. Shannon is the second highest ranked US badminton player in the world and was not picked to be on the team. Why??? Because USA Badminton and the USOC do not follow their own rules.

Why did the government allow USA Badminton to send 4 officials on the governments dime when USAB has never sent 4 officials to anything? Does the government have disposable income for badminton players?

If big bank CEO's are exposed for their lavish trips to Vegas, big airplanes and bonuses, why is the government sending badminton players on a joy ride?

I competed on the US badminton team for 15 years and was VP on the board of directors when I retired. I just recently quit all of my volunteer work with badminton because I believe that they are corrupt.

There is a lot more but I don't want to bore you.
    I hope you can find some time on your news cast to report this.