Indonesia open organizers are not professional

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by 2cents, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Come on Cheung, there's never a perfect tourney, everyone knows it! That's the purpose of feedback so as to improve the kinks that might be present this year.

And from what I have heard, the tournament is better than the previous ones for the many reasons that miksss have written in the other thread. I am pretty sure the tournament organizer (PBSI, Djarum especially) will be glad to heard abt constructive feedback (not irresponsible comments) to even make next year's tourney surpass that of this year's.

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Maybe when the players competing early next morning with huge 'panda eyes' only then will the spectators and commentators of different sports tv channels will start asking, then the issue will be directed back to the cause of the problem. Hehe..

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    i agree with what you say here, except to add that the only way to solve the problems alleged in this thread is for BWF to improve its competition regulations. It is the baseline. A fix there will make it permanent, because every sanctioned tournament will have to abide by it. It is tedious to have this same thread week after week, for different tournaments.

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

If this is really the organizer's mindset, it indicates how much behind the badminton world compared with other sports. badminton would die. This is what I said un-professional they are...

Nowadays, the prosperity of a sports very much linked with the huge income from tv coverage. Look at EPL, Soccer Workd Cup, Olympic Games, NBA, Tennis.... etc.

Purely stadium audience's popularity & income is not enough to attract commercial sponsorships to support the survival of a sport to advance into real professional one!!!

#124 Jonc108, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    The issue of tight schedules had been there for years...why complain now during ina open? And he barks the wrong tree and still insisting in blaming local organizer..sating he does not know the issue..bla.bla.bla..is he still normal??

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    No player's lounge, no mix zone, no press conference on other tournaments...why noone call those organizers are unprofessional? I

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I guess they didn't have as much money as this one.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I'm glad we agree on that:) and sure, constructive criticism is always useful if listened to.

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Jon
    it is not the TV
    this is internet 2cent is talking about
    BWF set up an account in youtube so you can watch badminton live (stream) 2 weeks ago
    it is free, they never charge it like any other sport right?

they waste lots of money and then someone said, they are sucks because I want to watch it but I can't?

before it is pretty hard to watch badminton match because we don't have any fixed channel that could deliver it, and now we got it. some problems with it and then people complaint?

the main point is, it is not IO organizer fault, they did their duty, trans 7 TV broadcast it (it is not for internet watcher like us to begin with, and they never consider it since it is never in their agenda)
    how can you called unprofessional if they never did it to begin with?

#129 Avenger, Jun 25, 2011
  10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Some have the money, but they do not love badminton enough to invest in its success...

2cents' criticism is not constructive and did not go to the right people... Just because some Egyptian terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center in New York does not mean that all Egyptians are terrorists... We tried to explain to 2cents that scheduling is not part of the Indonesian Open organizer's decision rights. It was BWF's right. They have always had the final say on scheduling for all BWF tournaments... If he wants to attack BWF for its unprofessionalism, go to BWF, do not castigate the Indonesian Open organizers.

11. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    wow, this thread grows longer than the thread starter, that's me, could expect. My original gripe was natural, neutral, valid and legitimate. But that's not enough. What're the 3 words we constantly hear about business: Location, Location, Location. Unfortunately, I finally realized i posted it to the wrong location. This forum is the home court for Indonesian fans, at least, at this moment. Even though, I had nothing against Indonesian or Indonesian fans, but "Indonesia open organizers" is a sensitive word for them.

Indonesia open is special. There're always huge booing against Chinese players no matter whom they play against. I never see that happen in China. Chinese never booing all Indonesian players at China open. I never see that at other tournaments either.

I have an Indonesian friend, who loves badminton too, that's he said. Actually he loves Indonesia more. One day, we went to Polish open together, on the way to the stadium, he was so excited: see, every one's Indonesia supporter! No body supports China, Malaysia or Korea. I'm very pround of my country (Indonesia).

I was quite curious: how come? how did he know? He said: look, everyone's carrying an Indonesia flag!

Soon after got inside the stadium, he's quickly pissed of. The match was between a polish mixed double and a Indonesian mixed double, my friend got very anger: "It's the biggest insult to my great country! "

I was quite confused: "why"

He's whining loudly: everyone put our national flag upside down, that's the BIGGEST insult to our country!

I can't help laughing. I had to explain to him, don't mind, they even don't know that an Indonesia national flag is. I kept saying, never mind, once I criticise anything about Indonesia open, that has nothing to do with Indonesian people. I love Indonesian people too. The guys running Indonesia open are not even Indonesia people. If you see something red and white, that doesn't necessarily mean Indonesian local organizer.

#131 2cents, Jun 25, 2011
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Then they haven't been "professional" enough to raise funds or resources to raise the standard of their event to levels acceptable to the paying public? Right?

You see, it's one thing to start a thread by pointing out that a certain organiser has screwed up on a particular issue, and then let everyone discuss it.

It's quite another thing to take one particular issue and use that as a fulcrum to make the claim that the organisers are just plain unprofessional. The thread title purports to show them up in a very different light. It puts a very different spin on the intent and the direction of the discussion. I really don't blame anyone who takes exception to the thread in general and the title in particular. Why did you in fact, not consider modifying the thread title?

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Actually, the main problem that happened is the thread title has "not professional". These are the words causing the thread to be very long;)

Would you like to reconsider the use of those two words. Do you still think it is appropriate to use those two words?

14. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    thanks for your suggestion. If you approve, it could be changed to "disputable issues at the most recent premier super series tournament". I think that will be political correct enough.

Thanks, and also sorry to bring extra job on your side.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

No. :)

Agree.

Yes. Good last question. :eek: I rather thought people would point out the overbearing nature of the words in a factual fashion. Unfortunately, the thread went into personal attacks and also labelling of ethnic origins. I guess the thread hasn't been modified because we mods have been accused of being too heavy handed with other threads <shrug shoulders>. It's fair to say that the thread has moved away from the initial emotional discharge to a more ordered discussion.

#135 Cheung, Jun 25, 2011
  16. freelast

freelast Regular Member

That's hilarious! double hilarious!! But I don't think most people, even Indonesian people understand it. This is probably the clue:

[​IMG][POL] Robert MATEUSIAK [​IMG][POL] Nadiezda ZIEBA
    defeated
    Nova WIDIANTO [​IMG][INA] Liliyana NATSIR[​IMG][INA]

21-12 16-21 21-19

By the way, at the world series baseball 1992, the Americans flew the canadian national flag upside down. And the whole canada country, from government to community, all protested. So this is really a BIG insult!

#136 freelast, Jun 25, 2011
  17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Yes, but I think our other members would like to know if you regard the whole organisation of the tournament as being "not professional" because of this one issue - rather than changing the words to a more politically correct form.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

19. freelast

freelast Regular Member

you are absolute right and very knowledgable. Monaco flag is one of the world's oldest flags for several hundreds of years. There is no registration law for preventing that? only <200 countries in the world.

20. brilianton

brilianton Regular Member

students
    when others ask you to complain to the right authority you said that is not your concern, i dont care bla bla bla... NOW I ASK YOU, if your parents are not rich, are you just complain to them (for their lack of money) and said to them that i dont care how you got the money but i want you to be rich? you just complain without any solutions? complain without any solution or action = ZERO.. even my baby can do it dude :D, he cry if he dont get what he want. is my baby's mind is on same stage as your mind?

is there any relation between your post (that i qoute) with the main point of your thread? if you just want to insult indonesian people then do it like a gentlement dude..dont use such a title but your main point is to critize or laughing on how we live :)

#140 brilianton, Jun 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.