Indonesia open organizers are not professional

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by 2cents, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    actually, I would like to know what is his real issues about IO
    first he is saying about the time
    and then moving about internet watcher
    after that he tried to tell a story about his Indonesia Open supporter that booing China players, saying that's not happen in China and then he told another story about his Indonesian "friend"
    he is moving from one issue to another, so what is exactly his problem?
    he took another issues (which is not really an issue) after he cannot argue about the first one, after that if another also being deflected, he moves to another one

I don't want to be mean or anything, but that's what I called a troll

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    That is not true! Whenever a Chinese pair/player play a Malaysian pair/player [except for LCW], virtually the whole INA-fan base immediately support the Chinese pair/player...... :D The crowd will boo the MAS pair/player and cheer the CHN pair/player. See it for yourself..... ;)

3. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    Yep..
    And if INA player against MAS player,the supporters will be wilder..:D
    (I watched Bona/Ahsan vs Koo/Tan LIVE )

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    sorry sorry, I know this is off-topic

Well... I learned in history that our current Indonesian flag is a direct derivative of Majapahit's flag. Majapahit was a powerful Javanese country that virtually ruled all of Indonesia + some parts of Malaysia and the Philippines. On the other hand, Monaco used the red-white bicolor flag because their ruling House of Grimaldi used red-white after their family moved from Genoa to Monaco...

Indonesia's Majapahit was founded in 1293 and have been seen using red-white when they expanded... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Indonesia
    Monaco's House of Grimaldi used red-white at least since 1339... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Monaco

5. naistav

naistav Regular Member

In INA, boo and cheering is louder for badminton events. We can't compare directly this behaviour to China badminton events regarding booing other country players. And if one criticize with enough data, many INA girls are fans of BCL (and LYD). And many are fans of several other CHN players like WYH, MJ, or Zhao Jian Hua in the past. Even there is INA player put Ma Jin as his role model. So, chhosing word ALWAYS booing CHN player whoever the opponent is just another proof that, yeah, talk without good data. Worse, criticize without data. Even worse, criticize without data and call the whole tournament organizer unprofessional.

Btw, INA crowd will almost always boo INA players opponent, especially who provide strong challenge.
    But, no, INA crowd didn't always boo CHN player except against INA.
    And that's applicable for other rival: MAS. You know, 'derby' always provide more heat to the game.

6. freelast

freelast Regular Member

wow, impressive, but who's the one first registered internationally? I am wondering which one is for which country outside the UN building at New york city where I live. I got to ask them when I visit there.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Nicely put, naistav...... :) We agree with you......

8. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

When I say concerns are addressed immediately I'm reffering to small workplace issues. Have to work overnight shifts? No problem, the hostipal set up several suites equipped with TVs, Beds and Work Stations for example. Larger more structural issues no not so much in terms of being dealt with quickly. In my home province quite common for doctors to comment on issues such as emergency ward waits and such. And, in most cases the only reason the doctors don't have to complain publically about issues is that there is a very vocal nurses union. Incidently there are 3 doctors in my immediate family.

I'm glad you agree that a lot of atheletes grumble that's what we are talking about here. The point was brought up that nobody has heard any of the players grumble about the schedule. If your standard for athelete complaints is that they call press conferences or protest in the streets then you are just shifting the context of the discussion to suit your opinion.

#148 thunder.tw, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    THERE IS NO BOO AGAINST CHN PLAYERS..as a matter of fact, they are crazy about BAO and others..again as I said you are CHN fans and all these issues are created by you and previous ones as you are ANTI INA and MAS players...JUSTADMIT IT!!!!
    Just like previous thread about Thomas Cup, bla..bla..bla....

#149 huangkwokhau, Jun 25, 2011
  10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I and few BC members, may be a few in the whole world, travelling to see other tournaments....I can tell you if you label INA Open organizer..then I dont know what to label China Open Organizer, Denmark Open, HKG Open and even KOREAN Premier is worse of the worsT..no welcome dinner..no press conference is used, no heated area in rest room, no player lounge, no advertising/promotion in news papaer or TV....even BADZINE reported and many players complained about it and no one says that KOREAN Open organizer are UNPROFESSIONAL....2cents just like others have never been to tournaments and just bitch and whine about it...dude!! wake up!!oops..I forgot you are nobody and do not know any badminton.....

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    This guy is a troll..always create the problem....I have mentioned it...
    I do not know why the Mods did not change the title...honestly THIS IS THE BIGGEST INSULT to local organizers who have OUTDONE any INTERNATIONAL organizers....It is only INA OPEN that always ask feedback from players, reporter and fans how to make INA Open better than before..We got so much positive feedbacks and many of them are wondering how INA OPEN Organizers are so innovative and creative....BWF, BAM, CHN are impressed...CHINA TEAM is one of the team love staying inside one of our cosiest players lounge......you guys just watch and do not do anything but whine and bitch about it!! SHAME ON YOU GUYS!!!

#151 huangkwokhau, Jun 25, 2011
  12. sen

sen Regular Member

I don't think I am at the capacity to speak on behalf of all Indonesians or INA fans.
    But you only meet 1 Indonesian.

Majority of Indonesians are NOT badminton fans. Yes, even some who know a little bit of how to play badminton are not badminton fans.
    Most people do not know many badminton players except for Taufik, Susi, Rudy Hartono and King.

My wife's family right now do not even know any badminton players like Lilyana Natsir, let alone other less famous players.

Those who really are badminton fans, they don't hate China players. I only began to dislike LD because of his withdrawal issues.
    Of course almost all Indonesian support Indonesian players first, then others.

I think this thread should be closed by moderator.

13. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    people got more and more over reacted and excessively sensitive. totally beyond my imagination. of course, that's all my fault. I appologize here, especially to you, feel terribly sorry to bring extra workloads and misunderstanding from each other.

Please change the title to whatever best fit or any words those Indonesia friends like the most. It was totally not my initial intention, in fact, never my purpose from the begining to the end, to say any bad words against Indonesia open on purpose. It was just my initial basic reaction that when I saw WKW had to play after midnight, while his opponent LCW had already finished his match 12 hours ago. It was my initial feeling when I saw ZTC had to play consecutively within an hour. My first feeling was this Indoenesia open organizers were not professional. I felt sorry for those players like WKW and ZTC. so I created this post. I have no idea at that time, this Indonesia open had become the most succesful tournament in human history. Thanks for all the friends here taught me that. Except the schedule, I had never complained organizers for anything else, I think. Thanks to all the friends here, taught me all the rules, regulations, organization structures, I totally support to change the title. I have no objection at all to change to what ever people like the most. I suggested before "disputable issues at the most recent premier super series tournament". If that's bad, what about change to "Learn from the greatest ever tournament organizers to schedule matches according to the WBF rules". anyone got better idea, I have no objection at all. Thanks a lot.

#153 2cents, Jun 25, 2011
  14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

To sum up the issues, the thread started had written lots of comments which I will classify irresponsible comments - comments that are NOT BACKED BY PROOF!

Starting from the very first sentence:
    "The match schedule is very bad, it cannot be finished by the end of today."
    and he further added later: "Plus the bad organizing, the late night matches had to postponed to the next day, which make even more unfair."

Fact is, matches for the first day of the main draw WAS FINISHED AT 12:00am WIT (I think around 1:00am HKG time, correct me if I am wrong). No postponement whatsoever!

Then, "PSH had finished his play this afternoon, his next round potential opponents, Chen Jin and Simon Santoso have not yet on court yet, they have to play tomorrow morning too." - fact is the match between Park Sung Hwan and Chen Jin was arranged at 7:15pm WIB, NOT IN THE MORNING!

"The same thing happen to CJ/SS vs PSH, and all others. Indonesia open organizers have never take this into consideration at all. Or maybe they did that on purpose to break down some players physically and mentally beyond their capabilities." - pure speculation on the second sentence and yet when being questioned later, the thread-starter replied: "where is my speculation? why i need to speculate?"

Regarding postponement of matches, if you look at the Wimbledon being held in London now, there was so much backlog of matches due to rain delay that the organizer had to arrange matches close to each other. Bob Bryan for example, finished his MD match in the first match on Court 19 and he immediately had to play again in XD after only a 1 match delay. Problems associated with scheduling is part & parcel of being a player and can we say it's UNFAIR to arrange Bob to play in his mixed doubles 1 match after he finished his MD?

"the consequence is that those players who playing so late now, badly hurt their chance in the next round. Those victims include Wong KW, Kido/Setiawan, Chen Jin, Jiang YJ." - fact is, those players mentioned went through to the next round, except for Wong Wing Ki (whom we know will not trouble Lee Chong Wei).

"I am never whining either." - this is really the best....

"Indonesia open is special. There're always huge booing against Chinese players no matter whom they play against. I never see that happen in China." - fact is: INA players LOVED Bao Chunlai (esp. the teenage girls) and perhaps some others (like Fu Haifeng). If you were watching the Singapore Open Final, that was some of the LOUDEST BOOS against CHN players and those boos originated not from the INA fans but from local fans who disliked the antics of Lin Dan in terms of the last-minute withdrawal.

#154 badMania, Jun 25, 2011
  15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Out of topic, but I was once told, that when Indonesia gained independence, someone ripped the Dutch flag into two and hence what remained became the Indonesia flag.

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    In thai open recently...on tuesday, wednesday and thursday, all matches were finished after midnite..as at thai open,they used only 4 courts while qualifying, they had 32 draws and in main draw,ms had 64 draws...maria kristin had to retire as she had to play 3 matches...I as assistant to ina team did not complain to thai open organizer....it is the rules...

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed, we are grateful to have Djarum for their never-ending support to the local badminton scene!

First of all we have the:
    1. Ever-improving Djarum Indonesia Super Series Premier
    2. Djarum Sirnas (local circuit) - that helps to revitalize the domestic circuits and bring about players from different clubs (and sometimes foreign players too like Zhang Beiwen to spice up the competition) to fight for the honour of the clubs!
    3. Djarum Superliga Badminton - held early this year and a few years ago too.

And major sponsors like Pertamina, Bank Kaltim, Yonex-Sunrise, Tangkas-Alfamart, Indocock, etc have also chipped in the last few years with their sponsorships of:
    1. Bank Kaltim Indonesia Open GP Gold - the 2nd tier event to be held in Samarinda.
    2. Indonesia International Challenge - Astec, Sunkist, Indocock, Djarum have all sponsored this annual third-tier event.
    3. Tangkas-Alfamart Junior International Challenge - now, an annual event and part of the new Junior Calendar!
    4. Other domestic circuits sponsored by Pertamina, Astec, Flypower, Indocock, Axelindo, etc.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's nice.

But you have the right to voice an opinion in protest, if not for that tournament, then for future tournaments, right?

This looks to me like an apology;)

If our vocal BC members think it's not acceptable, then the thread should be closed;)

#158 Cheung, Jun 25, 2011
  19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Indocock? That is a very catchy innuendo.. I guess Indons don't mind that as english culture is virtually non existent there.

My 2x2cents here is that if every organizer/powers of authorities comes and read every constructive criticisms with a pinch of salt, then it would do very well for badminton as a sport indeed. But the thing is, do they even know (about all the rantings over BC)?

#159 Pakito, Jun 25, 2011
  20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

OT: Indocock is quite a respectable shuttle-cock brand in INA. You may read their website: http://indocock.indonetwork.net/profile/indococks-international.htm

Indocock has also been sponsoring the annual Indocock-Walikota Surabaya Cup (usually held during the month of April in Surabaya). This year, for the first-time, they have invited the KOR junior team to play and some of the KOR players ended up winning the tourney. Last year, they also sponsored the Sunkist Indonesia International Challenge Indocock Djarum Open.

I believe the BWF has been informed of some of the complaints (like scheduling problem). Previously the draw size for the SS qualifying tourney is 32 (when it was first held in 2007), but now its cut to 16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.