India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

For whole team, just the players.
    There is a separate 8 lakhs Mens team support staff and 8 lakhs Women's team support staff.

Baddyforall likes this.
  2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Cheung likes this.
  3. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Olympic Predictions:
    MD
    Satwik/Chirag Favourites for Gold, need to guard against complacency and injuries.

Luck of the draw matters for all disciplines except MD. Indian players are known to be brilliant and at the other extremely erratic and inconsistent.
    This makes for varied and wide options of how they will finish.

MS HS Prannoy and Lakshya Sen QF, SF, Bronze, Silver, Gold Possibility of 2 medals or 1. (If Srikanth sneaks in R16, QF exit)
    WS PV Sindhu QF,SF, Bonze, Silver, Gold
    WD Ashwini/Tanisha or Treesa/Gayatri QF, SF, Bronze, Silver, Gold
    XD Qualification not possible
    :)

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Too optimistic from MS, WD.
    Hope is a dangerous thing!! :rolleyes:

badmuse likes this.
  5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I’m having it difficult to understand whether you’re saying it in light mode or serious mode. WD and WS bronze silver gold not able to understand.

6. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I'm giving a wide range of options. After following Indian results for a long time we see 2 extremes poor, average or outstanding.
    The lowest is a QF exit and the best possibility is Gold, luck of the draw matters as well. If its an ok performance bronze medal or silver medal.

7. Baddie lover

Okay now I understand. Even we want maximum medals. Hope what you say is true. That’ll be turning point for Indian badminton. If we get more than 1 medal in Olympics.

badmuse likes this.
  8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

For example Intanon avoided her nemesis Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan thanks to Sindhu when she became World Champion. 2013. Carolina Marin avoided Okuhara Nozomi and Saina Nehwal in 2016 Olympics. Luck of the draw is a factor.

9. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Olympics Scheme: 8 Core TOPS Funded Players Updated March 08,2024
    Satwik
    Chirag
    HS Prannoy
    Lakshya Sen
    Kidambi Srikanth
    PV Sindhu
    Treesa
    Gayatri

Development TOPS Funded Players
    Priyanshu Rajawat
    Kiran George
    Maisnam Meiraba
    Sankar Muthusamy S.
    Tasnim Mir
    Unnati Hooda
    Anupama Upadhyaya
    Tanisha Crasto
    Ishaan Bhatnagar
    Ayush Shetty
    Samarveer
    Tanvi Sharma
    Anmol Kharb
    Rakshitha Sree
    Tushar Suveer
    Nicholas Nathan Raj

Baddyforall likes this.
  11. Baddie lover

They should have included Tanisha and Ashwini too if they are including Kidambi. Goes on to show again (pardon my accusation) there will always be something in favour of Gopichand academy players. Not the first time we are seeing this. And I would not like to repeat the instances where we’ve seen this before. I strongly feel they should have included Tanisha and Ponappa.

Don’t go by form of both pairs or better chances among two pairs. It’s about funding again. And please don’t say these are taxpayers’ money. We have enough money and especially enough when they can bring in Kidambi. My God, I can’t control myself but bring back the time when GuruSai was also included and not Gutta and Ponappa in funding scheme back in those days. Sigh. What a pity. I would like to send best wishes to both TressaGopichand and TanishaPonappa. Hope the best pair goes to Olympics. If you ask me who I want, I’d say TressaGopichand but that doesn’t mean you don’t include TanishaPonappa in TOPS scheme.

rajat_remar and browning like this.
  12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I agree Tanisha/Ashwini should have been part of TOPS. Interestingly, they also train at the Gopichand Academy with Treesa/Gayatri. They are still part of the A Team since they are in the top 25 BWF world rank. She made a late decision of pairing with Ashwini a year ago. If they decided in 2020 they would have been ranked in the top 10.

Tanisha said she will only play XD in the next Olympic cycle 2024 -2028 if Ashwini doesn't continue after the 2024 Olympics.
    I was hoping Tanisha pairs with a younger WD player she would then have 4 years to reach a good level and rank.

#5373 badmuse, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Baddie lover likes this.
  13. Baddie lover

Maybe my opinion is unpopular. But I want Satwik to partner Tanisha some years down the line. 4-5 years ago, he had a really good partnership with Ashwini. I understand double duties were taking a toll on his body and his performance in MD was not fully optimised due to this. But yeah, he will be a great partner talent wise for Tanisha as of now.

14. Baddie lover

I would like to add some more points to my previous post. TanishaPonappa are higher than TressaGopichand in world rankings, tour rankings, Olympic rankings. However, knowing the pace of bureaucratic work I am damn sure these prospects were chosen some 4-5 months ago. Hence this list

15. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

If Srikanth, Maisnam & Kiran are included? What about Sathish K?.
    WD- Gayatri -weak link in WD--with her body, Can she withstand against Chinese players?.. See physique of Chinese WD?
    Tanisha & Tressa may be paired or join with some others..
    No XD?

Baddyforall likes this.
  16. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

Guys, how do I watch the All England live in India? The BWF live stream is blocked here.

17. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Jiocinema APP

18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Revised Expanding the range for MD and WD
    Olympic Predictions:
    MD
    Satwik/Chirag SF, Bronze, Silver, Gold While they remain favourites for Gold, can't rule out an inconsistent performance.
    Luck of the draw matters for all disciplines except MD. Indian players are known to be brilliant and at the other extremely erratic and inconsistent.
    This makes for varied and wide options of how they will finish.

MS HS Prannoy and Lakshya Sen QF, SF, Bronze, Silver, Gold Possibility of 2 medals or 1.
    WS PV Sindhu QF,SF, Bonze, Silver, Gold
    WD Ashwini/Tanisha or Treesa/Gayatri Group Stage, R16,QF, SF, Bronze, Silver, Gold
    XD Qualification not possible

In MD anything less than Gold can be considered an upset and below par performance.

It is very important for India to return with multiple medals as Badminton is a priority sport. It is mandatory for MS and MD to earn at least one medal each. While it is going to be extremely difficult for WD to just make the semis, a medal would be a bonus.
    India needs a minimum of 2 Olympic medals anything above is a bonus. If they fail to earn a single medal, badminton will no longer be a priority sport and they will lose government funding.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  19. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Luck of the draw definitely matters for both WS & MS. With the performances in the past couple weeks, HSP is all set to drop out of top 8. With that, both IND MS will face someone in top 8 in r16, which makes the road difficult for both them in general. Btw, I think we all know LS’s win yesterday shut the door on SK. So much so for someone who aimed to win an Olympic gold.

In WS, PVS has better chances to play SF if she doesn’t meet anyone from the current top 4. At this stage of her career, she would badly need a relatively favorable draw to go deep in any tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badmuse likes this.