HSBC BWF WORLD Tour Finals 2021 (Bali, 1-5 December) : Group Stage - Final

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Nov 29, 2021.

1. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Too easy for VA. Congrats VA! He has won everything major this year. I hope others will rise up and give him good challenge at WC.

nokh88 likes this.
  2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

@Yoji Hmm I thought you would term Sindhu no1 coz $$$$.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The Race to Bali ranking is different from the world ranking!

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Titleless for the host, Korea picks 2 while Japan, Thailand and Denmark sharing one title each, that's 2021 World Tour Final conclusion.

upload_2021-12-5_18-22-38.png
    The only and most interesting final here is MD which presented competitive element between finalists, Hoki/Kobayashi show fantastic feat, had learnt last week defeat, applied more aggressive style with all out attack and fast tempo to balance the Minions, they often targeted baseline corner to score point. Both pairs have equal strength in almost all aspects, perhaps only the stamina, the Japanese duo are better than their more experienced rivals. A thrilling part saw home favourites and world #6 pair traded points in second half of deciding game then the Indonesians faltered at last three points as their opponents played more accurate in decisive moment.

All the remaining four matches describe one way traffic and disappointment for fans who expect more excitements in this season-ending finale...

XD, the opening game was the key when Bass/Popor turn the tables as WataHiga leading since the beginning, the Thai combo more and more understand to their rivals pattern and shots, hat-trick once again for world #2 pair after did same feat early this year, simply unstoppable at SEA soil. With additional 12,000 point they will topple two-time World Champions Zheng SW/Huang YQ as world number one, a consequency for long time absence.

Big win in Bali, a dominant An Se Young outmaneuvers the World Champion Sindhu in imbalance encounter, the talented Korean shows her true potency how she did in three-week top tier tours amid the absence of several elite players, getting better and better in her overall performance, a big investment for Paris 2024 where most of current crop of top-ranked WS players will be eroded by their age and automatically more difficult to maintain peak performance in top notch event.

A coaching clinic with the Olympic Champion, it’s learning experience for Vitidsarn to face the comprehensive Axelsen. The Thai rising star needs to improve his attacking shots, more proactive, inject the pace than playing rally defensive mode all the way that favours to the tall Dane with tactical play, placement and lethal smashes. What a marvelous year for world cumber one to bag seven titles so far, one more prestigious event awaits him in Huelva.

Tokyo OG bronze medalists Kim SY/Kong HY thwart Matsuyama/Shida hat-trick mission in quite one sided match, the Japenese duo look awry, did many errors than normal form and their defense isn’t effective enough to stem KOR powerful attacking smashes. But entering three finals in a row of top flight tour is excellent result to underscore how consistent they are, Japan regeneration in WD category going smooth as their main pairs plagued by injury.

Next Sunday, the second most important individual tournament for badminton players will kick off, hopefully it'll not be disrupted by current Omicron variant.

evilster, pp35, arjevo and 4 others like this.
  5. gareng

gareng New Member

heri ip fail again. hahaha. what excuse he say this time?

6. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Mom jokes were so last year

#346 deepinthemusic, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  7. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Moderators?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Am I watching youtube comments?.
    So filthy.

9. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

We are talking about coach herry ip here, he has nothing to prove anymore accusing him of having excuses when loses is filthy itself

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

How? shes not winning titles etc.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah 5Finals and ThomasCup, he doesnt need to prove anything. Of course he could have won OlympicGold and didnt win any other titles as well, if that matters.

12. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Moderators are sleeping. They only take action when a certain section of the members engage themselves in unnecessary arguments over logical, inoffensive posts and moderators delete those posts very happily and quickly. But why bother taking action against offensive stuff right? Because doing right is the wrong thing in today's world. :rolleyes:

13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Yeah but I thought as you say money is the no1 thing so I thought she would be your pick.

skhai91 likes this.
  14. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    but asy is better also. the ?'n is who has improved more? we won't know until the next time they play h2h.

15. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i think something is wrong w/ yuta other than just exhaustion. his backhand defense is not looking normal based on his historical play.

16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

When Sindhu entered the senior Badminton world she was just 16 or 17, I do still remember Wang Shixian saying something about Sindhu,that she lost to Sindhu already thrice and she will go and prepare well to beat Sindhu.
    Similar situation to Sindhu now. An Se Young has 3-0 h2h now with Sindhu. As Sindhu is known to be a fighter, she never gives up until she achieves. She will definitely find a way against patient grinding style of An Se Young one day to beat her.

17. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

yeah, I also see it, Watanabe have trouble with his defend, especially his backhand

18. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

His defense is no longer godly as he looked quite vulnerable at times. The quality of his lifts also degrade if opponent smashes repeatedly at him. I just think the creativity in his play has gone down by quite a bit as well. I don't see much of cross court blocks or defense that turned into offense type of plays these days in Bali. In the final yesterday, he was given multiple doses of his own medicine by Dechapol. Whatever he did was not working and his signature drops against the drift on the slow shuttle resulted in mistakes as well.

Maybe he needs MD to keep him sharp, who knows...

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  19. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

It's can be "Bali's stadium".

I also use 9000c and have problem with backhand lift, I used Kizuna z63 (a good string) and I cannot lift the shuttle to the backcourt. After that I change to 66ultimax and it can help me to push the shuttle high and far but not the performance that I want.

In Bali, the shuttle look "heavier" and need a lot of energy to control it. I think that 9000C was not a good choice.

In contrast, Dechapol used duora 10 lt, he can smash continuously without getting tired.

We will see WC to evaluate.

I believe in Europe tour, Wata-Higa will crush Dechapol/Sapsiree

P/S: I love to use Nanoflare 700 more in compared with 9000C

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of course money is number 1 but shes not winning titles and she is not WR1..where would the money keep coming from