Hong Kong Open 2007: Day 4 (29 Nov)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by TH_4_President, Nov 28, 2007.

1. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

Well it just so happens that their partners only play one event so they can make that happen. Xu Chen essentially only played mixed while Guo Zhendong only played doubles so they can be 'injured' and their partners can go on playing. Nothing fishy about that.

2. sweetlover

sweetlover Regular Member

STUDENT
    ooo ok..
    thanks for ur info...:)

3. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Oh i see, concur....:D

4. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    hard to paw on tmr match la esp MS...:eek:

5. sweetlover

STUDENT
    nop..
    i didnt buy newspaper...:D
    just read online but today i have no mood to read newspaper...:p

6. sweetlover

STUDENT
    then better dont PAW for tomorrow match...:D

7. pijah

pijah Regular Member

Student
    I do buy newspaper, especially berita harian. and sometimes nst ;)
    huhu

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i will stay back and watch the highlight:):p:D

9. Arsene

Arsene Regular Member

Student
    Huh, finally i had arrived here..

Hi, everyone ! It has been great follow all urs comment quite some time now. Hope v can enjoy 2gether :)

10. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    the highlight is on rtm 2 at 1.30am..
    http://www.rtm.net.my/tvschedule/bi/schedule2.php

11. george@chongwei

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1.30 am highlights was yesterday. Dunno, we shall see.

According to The Star & Berita harian, highlights today is 12.30 am. It was 1.30 am yesterday. I looked at the online schedule, before that was supposed to show Jericho, it's outdated schedule.

Anyway, afterwards just switch to RTM 2 and see.

#1292 eaglehelang, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  13. pijah

pijah Regular Member

Student
    12.30 am for today, if im not mistaken.
    1.30 am for yesterday. :)

14. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    paisei.. i oso dunno.. jz see thru the rtm website..:(
    if is 12.30am, i wan to watch oso, but if 1.30am is too late for me...

#1294 shyeling, Nov 29, 2007
  15. george@chongwei

i juz checked the astro guide, there stated the highlight will be at 12.30 am
    on rtm2

16. Arsene

Arsene Regular Member

Student
    Last time i saw on 12.30am, juz after news....

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It was a long day and I did watch a few match at the QES.

First was the MD match between Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto and Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen. Me, fastdrop, and huangkwokhau were seated right at the second row near the court where Luluk/Alvent were playing. Later on, our big boss here kwun also came and joined us in watching Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Yeoh Kay Bin.

The MD match was neck-to-neck in the first set, with Eriksen/Hansen making crucial service errors late in the game and that costed them the first set. They were making a strong charge early in the second game and led 8-2 before Luluk's turn to serve. His serves yielded 5 points and levelled the score at 8-8. Then, at 13-13, it was Luluk's turn to serve yet again and this time round, the INA pair managed to get 6 quick points to make it 19-13. The INA pair eventually sealed the match 21-19, 21-14. They have a big chance tomorrow against the tricky Polish pair Michal Logosz/Robert Mateusiak.

Up next in the same court was Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Yeoh Kay Bin. The Malaysian player tried hard to match Sony, but, Sony proved to be too strong for him. Sony won quite comfortably in straight sets 21-17, 21-13 and will play Chen Jin tomorrow.

It was break time since there were no more INA players involved till 6pm. So, I went out to have an early dinner with Hendrawan. In the night session, there were 4 more matches, with 3 matches being played at 6pm and 6:45pm. When I got in, Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir already won the first set 21-6, but, the scores were pretty tight in the second set against Fang Chieh-Min/Cheng Wen-Hsing. I was quite impressed with Fang, with his powerful and effective smashes that won a number of points. The Chinese Taipei pair managed to force a rubber-set, winning the second set 23-21. The early stage of the third set was a tight affair too until the score was 8-8. Then, Nova/Butet upped the tempo and eventually won the set comfortably 21-13. The INA pair will face their nemesis Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl tomorrow. Remember, the Danish pair has beaten them twice recently, in the Chinese Taipei and French Opens.

Up next were Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa vs Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama/Chau Hoi Wah and Jo Novita/Greysia Polii vs Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen. The WD match was predictable as Jo/Greysia lacked Wei/Zhang's skill and power. The first set was won easily by the Chinese pair. The INA pair improved in the second set and played some nice badminton, but, it was still not enough as they lost 10-21, 16-21.

The XD match turned out to be more like a practice match for the INA pair. They were not really giving their 100% and looked like saving their energy for the more important QF match tomorrow :cool: The Hong Kong pair was leading 18-16 in the first set before the INA pair stepped up a gear and won the last 5 points of the set. The second set was similar, with the INA pair contented on having a slender lead. The HKG pair nearly came close and managed to force a deuce at 20-20, but, it was not to be as the INA pair was way too experienced and they won it 21-16, 22-20. Flandy/Vita will face another Korean pair Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung, who were impressive in beating Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms in straight-sets.

The last match I watched was the MD match between Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Masuda and Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man, together with Alvent, Kido and Hendra. The Japanese pair was much improved than the last time I watched them :cool: They were actually leading 17-10 in the first set before Lee Jae Jin decided to retire due to injury. Later on, I saw the Korean player's foot heavily strapped with icepack. The Japanese pair will play Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan tomorrow. Should be a manageable match, but, the World Champion better don't underestimate their opponent.

#1297 badMania, Nov 29, 2007
  18. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
  19. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    In conclusion, only those who are not playing any matches in the following round can be "injured".

In this case, only Guo Zhengdong is "qualified" to be "injured" while Xie Zhongbo is not as he needs to play mixed doubles with Zhang Yawen.

It seems reasonable and fair, right?

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So the partner that plays in 1 event more likely to get injured than the one who plays in 2 events? The less a CHN player plays, the more he gets injured. Or the more a CHN player plays , the less he gets injured?
    Not quite logical because LYB said his players needed to compete less so decided to pull out of SS Masters.
    Oh, dear, LDQ, pls warn LYB his players may get injured more if they play less.