Hong Kong Open 2007: Day 4 (29 Nov)

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by TH_4_President, Nov 28, 2007.

1. damouse

damouse Regular Member

Thanks for the live reports, badmania! I planned to stay up to catch the RTM2 highlights - hopefully it won't air at 130AM because I'll be zzzz by then...

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Don't ask me why I just want to do the following:

"Hoh hah hah, sa-tu pukulan yang chan-tik oleh Bo-a Choon Laai"

3. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    LOLZ... Just read through the whole thread.. FULL of MAS fans
    With a CAT, a mouse and 2 Eagles joinning in too :p

4. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

What would be quite sad is if at the Olympics, Chn players are really injured..

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Is it even possible to be a quarter or three-fifths injured?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    about Guo's injury. the tournament medics that examined him confirm that he has swollen ankle and is a real injury.

7. damouse

damouse Regular Member

Some of the highlight reports from rtm2:

1) Chin Ee Hui/Wong Pei Tty vs. Maeda/Suetsuna - Someone mentioned an injury - nerve inflammation but I didn't pay attention to who was the one that said it...probably Chin as she was more injury-prone.

2) Roslin vs Bao - the commentator said something about Roslin making Bao run all over the court (asakan demi asakan) and Bao (cuba bertahan) eventually had to retire because of injury. Roslin said he felt confident after the match with Lee Hyun Il - wanted revenge against Lee Hyun Il and he also wanted to avenge his defeat to Bao therefore he just played his hardest.

3) Yoyo Hafiz vs Kenneth Jonassen - Hafiz managed to lead at first but eventually lost to Sony - at one point conceding 8 points in a row. Misbun was interviewed and said that strategy was formed after the first set but Hafiz was slow in responding in the second set - hadn't recovered from his fever last night. Misbun said that even if Hafiz had won the first set, he didn't think Hafiz would be able to win a three-setter. Misbun thought that the match between Roslin and Kenneth tomorrow can go either way - will be a good fight. Roslin is more physical and Kenneth depended on the power of his arms. Roslin needs to be quick in returning rallies and he will be able to have an edge over Kenneth.

4) Yeoh Kay Bin vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro - I got distracted by my noisy little sister so that I didn't really know what was going on...something about an overhead smash being the winning point, I think. x.x

Ad-break now...probably just Lee Chong Wei + KKK/TBH highlights left, me thinks.

8. damouse

damouse Regular Member

Continued highlights reporting from rtm2:

5) Lin Dan vs Shoji Sato - Lin played his usual best with his signature smashes etc and won quite easily to advance to quarter-finals. And he will meet Taufik Hidayat.

6) Taufik Hidayat vs Park Sung Hwan - Experience of World Champion and Olympic Champion prevailed over Park Sung Hwan. His challenge lies ahead in the quarter-finals facing Lin Dan.

7) Ong Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock vs Chandra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan - The Indo/US pair too experienced for the Malaysian pair - every smash they attempt to make were returned by Chandra/Tony - especially Tony who is really good at the net, managed to thwart the Malaysians' attempts to score.

8) Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun vs Michal Logosz/Robert Mateusiak - The speedy attacks by the Polish pair were too much for the young Malaysians to handle and their defense eventually fell through. The Polish pair will meet Luluk/Alven.

No highlights shown from KKK/TBH and Lee Chong Wei - I'm surprised. Or maybe they showed it at the very beginning and I missed it!? I keep getting distracted anyway. :p

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope damouse, they didnt show cos that was the last matches of the day.

And it was Chin EHui. Commentator asked about her back injury, which she suffered during Denmark Open. She said is better but certain shots, a bit slow.

#1309 eaglehelang, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  10. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    (2) Roslin wrapped up the 1st game with a smash down the line into Chunlai's backhand and it was amazing. The highlight showed Roslin played aggressively while Chunlai was on the defense.

(4) Kay Bin said that he was a bit disappointed and it was his worst match against Sony so far.

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Recap base on scoreline

Woke up this morning and took a quick glance on the scoreline, this is my opinion on few of the selected matches:

WD : Maeda/Suetsuna bt Wong/Chin:
    Is about time this Malaysian pair show some consistency, can't beat the Chinese pair is understandable but now the one with lower ranking too!! Sad to say Cheah Soon Kit has been in charge for so long and yet no significant results are produced, ... How much longer do we need to wait?
    MS : Roslin vs Bao :
    I think Bao body is not build to play the style that brought him the title in China Open, everyone likes to play like Lin Dan but the degree of difficulty is so high hence the potential injury. I hope he recover soon.
    Lu Lan vs Yao Jie:
    What happen to Yao Jie? I use to think she is one of the top female players that can really challenge the Chinese but judging from her recent performance, I don't think she will even be a dark horse in any Open.
    MS : Taufik Hidayat vs Park Sung Hwan:
    Park reminds me of younger Lee Chong Wei, so content with his defense and neglect other importance ingredients of success in 21-point system, ATTACK. With Li Mao as his "see fu"(coach), I am yet to see any trace of Li Mao trademark in Park's plays, really strange.
    MD : Wijaya/Gunawan vs Tan/Ong :
    Only got 5 point in game 2? I think Kwun and I most probably can get more than that after Satay negotiating with this legend pair. I never understood the make up of this pair, both players lack of smashing power yet team up as a pair, Rexy must be drunk!
    WS : Eriko Hirose vs Zhou Mi :
    Why Zhou Mi couldn't win after the free walk from Wang Chen is really beyond our imagination especially Hirose just came back from injury. We may blame team China for those strategic walks but at least they know how to capitalize those walks!
    MS : Jonassen vs Hafiz:
    Now I am convince, Hafiz should not be send to Olympic. Send someone who really work hard and really want to win(Choon Hann and Roslin fit into that category). Downgrade Hafiz stock to "under-perform" and stop sending him to SS tournament. Hafiz confident needs to rebuild.
    WS : Jun Jae Youn vs Zhang Ning :
    It will be interesting if China only have 2 qualifiers for Olympic, will Zhang Ning still be selected as one of them? I think NOT if her performance continues to slide.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

MD, Tan BS/OngSC - Ong supposed to have powerful smashes but I dunno if his shoulder injury caused him to slow down like CCM. This pair was benched for 8 months last year when Ong injured his shoulder.

They were paired up since their junior days. I think Rexy didnt a reshuffle cos : 1) All the other pairs already reshuffle, left TBS/OSH and the oldies, CTF/LWW. CTF/LWW have been together for years, in top 10 ranking, no use risking Oly points by changing partners. 2) Rexy wanted to give them time after Ong came back.

Hafiz- Misbun should send him to smaller tourneys, let Hafiz start from scratch again.

13. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    so lucky for them :p ya :confused:

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I am confused here. HH is from Nusa Mahsuri, his coach is Misbun. And LCW is also coached by the same guy. So, Misbun is under which payroll? The Club or NSC . And did he even got the rights to choose which tounys that HH shall participate :confused:

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The medics must have been surprised :D

16. robsilver

robsilver Regular Member

teacher
    Poor me!!

How i envy you that you actually CAN watch the tournaments!!!

Why dont you just record matches and share them??!!

So mane thanks would be completely yours.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Many ppl are watching the matches: me, Hau-Ge, fastdrop, kwun, Gunawan and many others :D

18. tohcsh

tohcsh New Member

Dog Training Consultant
    :D:D including LYB :D . Guo must have a :eek: that he got injured off all the time. :D

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not really! There were three medics. But they couldn't even remember his name that well! But they only had the one person to attend to so it was pretty obvious who it was.

I know the medics pretty well. Kwun didn't believe it was true that there was a problem. I went back to the medics and asked them if there was any possibility of a fake. They said 'no' because the ankle was pretty swollen. There was even a possibility of more serious ligament damage. All the three medics are orthopaedic doctors.

Kwun had to believe me after that.:D

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

But Guo only played 1 match against INA MD #3 .Won in straight sets in 32 mins. How tough is that? And these are pros? CM, Guo also injured just thinking of meeting cai/fu?
    Anyone knows how to inflict a swollen ankle on demand? Not difficult when there's a need to. Are we idiots or the medics?