Help! Received broken MP99 at ebay

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by caldude, Jul 2, 2004.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think you're lucky that the seller is willing to 'give u' a new one. Pay the shipping, offer like this don't come around everyday.

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    The shipping slip might be the paper that comes with the package you received. You might also want to photocopy the shipping slip if you do get one. Keep all documentations related to the transaction.

3. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    Sorry to hear about your racquet, Caldude; how much did the seller charge for shipping? Kwun, could you delete the attached photos.? They have been uploaded as 2272 x 1704! :eek: and so the margins of the page itself have been excessively extended. The page won't even open on Opera.
    I can just imagine Dill trying to open this page with his whopping 4k/sec download speed. :D

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I know it's wimbledon season but he really shouldn't have played tennis with that, maybe he hit a softball or a baseball?

5. caldude

caldude Regular Member

Sorry about the huge pics... please delete them if possible.

The shipping charge is $20 and the seller stated that it includes insurance. (but he admitted in the email that he didn't purchase insurance).

Also, the racquet was shipped from Thailand and so I'll have to pay for shipping back to Thailand. But the ebay item description says that the item was located in the US. That's why I think I shouldn't be responsible for shipping. I've sent him an email about this.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for the help.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Another costy lesson.

I always try to stuff some newspaper into the box when I ship rackets. Recently, my parents showed me to make "paper cylinder" to protect shippment as well. Seems very useful. :p

I have to say, this seller at least willing to take the responsibility, and overall, this lesson is not "too costy" already. :)

7. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    WoWw its nice to see some Bfer helping each other, we are like a big family. Caldude tell us some news.

My friend bought some racquet from him too but everything went okay. I don't think he sent you a broken racquet.

8. robinhood47

robinhood47 Regular Member

caldude,

I am sorry to see the broken MP99. I would say the seller is good in sending you a new racket. we must remember that it's also not the seller's fault if the shipping goes wrong. i do sell rackets on ebay, however i ALWAYS put in the extra bit of insurance just in case. I think it should be the seller's responsibility to claim for the insurance and not the buyer. Good luck on your new racket.

9. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    Well, if the packaging sux, then it would be seller's fault, ya?

10. robinhood47

robinhood47 Regular Member

Yes, of course, The seller must ensure top quality packaging. But we do not know what the package went through. Moreover, the postal agency must be fully resposible for any shipping faults.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's very hard to adjust whether the packaging is strong enough or not. If another 500lb package is thrown right on the poor racket pack, I doubt any "superior package" will survive anyway.

12. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    LOL...:D :eek: :rolleyes: :p :cool: :mad: :(

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    That's true, and in fact, we don't need 500lb stuff to do that :) (50lb will be enough)

All we need is a 30' TV, which is about 100lb, and that's already enough to kill any packages, no matter how good the packaging is. People orderring TVs on net is a very common thing.

Yeah, you might think the chances are slim, but the truth is, people order lots of heavy stuff than you can imagine. Car wheels & Tires (100lbs+),Fridge (100+), TV, Computer Monitors (big CRTs will weight more than 50 for sure), papers (5000sheets in a box will weight more than 40lb), CD-Rs in box (50lb+), Suitcase Packages (those 8-in-1s, weights 40+),.....basically, anything that is above or close to 50lbs will destroy the racquets during the transit.

14. thebestofall

thebestofall Regular Member

Student at DT!!!
    Well Who will noez wut will happen in Ebay!! it is a little freaky buy The price is very interesting!!! do u think u will still buy a racket from ebay? If i were u , i wont risk another costy lesson even duo u got another rakcet baq~~~

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If that's really the shipping issue, I don't think we can blame ebay. Even if u buy from a reputable online shop, there's still possibility of damage during shipping and handling.

16. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Good point! I think the most important is to find a reputable seller who will bear the responsibility of damage during shipment.

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Definitely agree.

Receiving a broken goods is painful enough, argument with responsibility is like "adding oil on fire" = chaos. :)

18. caldude

caldude Regular Member

The seller admitted that this is his fault (bad packaging). But I still need to pay for the return shipping of the broken racquet. I've shipped it back to him today.

I still cannot believe he ships such a fragile racquet like that. At least he should have stuffed some paper or bubble wraps into the box. He has sold at least 100 racquets on ebay. He must have been really lucky in the past.

I'll post here when I receive the new racquet from him.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

20. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)