Golden Gate Badminton Club, Menlo Park, CA

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by mayst982, Mar 25, 2005.

1. tenten

tenten Regular Member

Tournament

There are so many Chinese Badminton Clubs here in North America now & I think, sooner or later, there will be a all Chinese inter-club badminton championship being organized. Will it be organized by GGBC or OCBC or Lee's Badminton of Toronto or VRC of Vancouver etc or would GGSally or Kwun be the organizer? I hope that day will come soon.

2. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

GGBC is a Chinese Club????

Would somebody like to explain that a little more?

3. weiheng

weiheng New Member

Ok, Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

4. weiheng

weiheng New Member

Forgot to post one more.

Attached Files:

#244 weiheng, Sep 18, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  5. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

A Nice Visit From A World Champion!

Hi Everyone,

Last night, Howard Bach came to the Bay area and gave our excited GGBC members an eyeful of great badminton! He's such a sweet guy for getting off his flight from LA and heading straight for our Club. He played 4 games straight with Mike Yang, Ben Lee and Guo Jinsong! It was HELLA World Champ night at GGBC and so we would like to share our "FUN-NESS" with Howard with everyone here! Enjoy the photos! :D

GGBC Management

Attached Files:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    those are great photos weiheng/ggsally.
    dang, those guys look so 'fit' :eek: :D

7. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

>>OH Wei's photos are SOOO GOOD!! I"m so embarrassed, my lame amateur attempt:p , but I'm glad the members and players look SOOO happy they got such a treat that night. I hope one day you can take a photo of Mike's jump smash in mid air. He said he's getting old so we gotta get it while he's still got it!!:rolleyes: Ha ha.. Thank you Wei!

Sally

8. tenten

tenten Regular Member

These pictures worth several thousand words. I see a lot of happy faces & they must be enjoying it.
    Ciao!

9. weiheng

weiheng New Member

I am definitely going get his jump smash next time. "He said he's getting old so we gotta get it while he's still got it!!" He is just being humble, didn't we see his smashes last night???!!!!

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I know they just played for fun. But still cursious who won.

11. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

WELL.... the games were really exciting and Howard was fresh off the plane so he paired with Mike against Ben and Jinsong and they lost the first games but then came back and won some games so ended up quite even at the end!! What I can tell you is that we did see some very fancy hand and footwork between all these great atheletes and we, the admirers, :p sitting on the bleachers, just ended up with open mouths and hanging jaws cos when you see them up close like that, it just feels like you don't want to be anywhere else!! :D

Sally

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nice pics sally :) Great work on covering his presence in the Club.

13. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

GGBC's HALLOWEEN DOUBLES TOURNAMENT

Hi Everyone!
    GGBC is so happy to announce our first TOURNAMENT! Anyone and everyone can enter!

We're having a one day HALLOWEEN DOUBLES TOURNAMENT on Sunday, October 23rd, 2005.

A LOT... OF PRIZES FOR ALL FLIGHTS: A, B, C/D More details on the entry form. See attached file.

There is also a JUICY prize for BEST COSTUME so dress yourself & come play!! Costume will be optional. Orange & Black apparel preferred.

Attached is our cooool entry form in PDF format (you can download the attachment). Fill it out and send it to us ASAP. If you have any questions regarding the entry form, you can email Ben Lee at ben@ggbadminton.com or call GGBC 650.838.9318 / www.ggbadminton.com

HOPE TO SEE YOU AT GGBC!
    GGBC Management

Attached Files:

14. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

GGBC Trophies!

Hello everyone!

Some updated news. For our Halloween doubles tournament on October 23rd, Sunday, 2005, we have some terrific Trophies made exclusively for GGBC. For each flight, each doubles winner will receive one. Just wanted to let you see the fantastic keepsake you will receive when you WIN your flight! Hope you like them and GOOD LUCK at the tournament!

GGBC Management! :)

Attached Files:

15. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

New features and services at GGBC!

Hello Good friends!

Keeping you updated with our continuous wish to improve GGBC facilities! We have just installed “DIGITAL TIMERS” for the sake of easy court distribution time. Players still line up at our usual queuing rack but now when they get onto the courts, they will use the digital clock on the back of each court. Once the players choose the time they wish, 15 minutes for rally / practice, 20 minutes for one game, the clock will start counting down. Once it gets to 2:00 minutes the clock will start to flash (for players warning time is almost up and for those in line to get their partners together), after the clock reaches “0” it will keep flashing which means anyone waiting in line has the right to ask those on the court to vacate. When they start playing they start the clock again. I was much relieved when our queues started that all players graciously vacated on their own accord as soon as the clock hit “0”. We still use the: “first court available, first in line on the queue take that court” method. Photos of the digital clock enclosed.

We also installed a Mesh curtain which offers much greater contrast for the visibility of the birdie!

Tai Chi classes and massage are now available at GGBC too! For further information please go to our website at www.ggbadminton.com.

At GGBC, we will always strive to increase the enjoyment of the game in every way! We also want to provide different services for your health benefits. Hope you all drop by to try our new features for yourself! See you soon!!

Regards, GGBC Management!

Attached Files:

16. Locomoco

Locomoco Regular Member

I have to say that the new screen for the lights makes playing much easier... but now I can't use "I lost it in the lights" as an excuse anymore... :crying:

17. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

Queuing for a Cue...

I'm really happy to see that you have had the wisdom to move beyond "back to basics" queing theory. Any odds takers on how many people will select 15 min :).

18. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

NIIIIICCCCEEEEE ^_^ love the new installation!

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I also tried the new timer on Thursday. very nice indeed. it is especially cool as the staff members have remote controls which can remotely start the timer!

20. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Hello Mr. Coomer,

We are actually still at the basics except each court has a bigger clock to view! Hope you come by to try it sometime. :D In fact, alot of people do choose the 15 minutes. We have quite a number of honest members and guests here...The most important thing is that everyone loves the clock.

GGBC Management